Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some things, like relationships - basically (personally) a lot of them have to do with personal emotional feelings, I can never find the answer to.

Why am I with the person I love? They have flaws, I have too, why are they with me?

Why do we have to be nice? Is karma really going to bite me in the ass (though I just think that when you have a build up of fuck ups in life, it'll just get to you one way or another)? Is it a fact or is it a belief?

Why why why

WHY DOES IT ALL BOTHER ME SO MUCH? DOES IT BOTHER YOU TOO?

Do you have unanswered emotional questions? Do you have pain not being able to answer them?
This is all so confusing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Calm down, Spock.

Learn to recognize that sometimes people do things without a logical reason. You don't need to justify your choices to anyone beyond a simple "I felt like doing it", which is great because it's honest. A lot of rationalization is just excuse making in attempt to make it seem like your instinctual behaviour and the expectations of society and their influence on your persona are congruent.

The truth will set you free.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I get what you mean and yes, definitely.
I have GAD which means that the part of my brain that allows 'other' things to not bother me (eg: arbitrary things like emotions to the objective standpoint) sucks and is inactive most of the time.

But the best way to go is, no matter how you feel don't lose your capacity to move toward somewhere further*, somehow.
Sometimes when i don't have the right answer. I look for the right question.
Or sometimes when the questions are too much to handle, I ask, what is so bad about it? Because most of our pain comes from trying to stop questions rather than letting them take free reign over our consciousness enough to see that they are harmless. Well, at least that's my opinion.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Calm down, Spock.

Learn to recognize that sometimes people do things without a logical reason. You don't need to justify your choices to anyone beyond a simple "I felt like doing it", which is great because it's honest. A lot of rationalization is just excuse making in attempt to make it seem like your instinctual behaviour and the expectations of society and their influence on your persona are congruent.

The truth will set you free.
well that's good reasoning but that's a rational viewpoint and would take more time for a emotionally troubled person to pick up in use. and i think is the issue that intps face often, they have lows were they start to think about nearly everything ; overanalyzing, and working around but never truly facing the objective that takes less effort and is more rewarding.

and then again, thoughts aren't feelings, feelings aren't thoughts. getting them muddled up, muddles up our direction in life and we start to think how we're feeling when feelings are abstract and thoughts are rational. it's purely the default route that everyone must take to think that they affect each other and what is more convincing is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy if you do think feelings. because if you start to think how you're feeling, you start to create more feelings and more negative feelings over how your thinking so badly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think its freeing that not all questions will be answered, everyday we accept so many things that we don't really understand, for example; I don't really understand how my laptop works yet hear I am tapping out my thoughts I cant see electricity or feel radio waves yet I know and am exposed to and make use of them daily And I'm pretty sure that the best scientific minds are still trying to work stuff out, Like where is the mind? what is ESP, I like a little mystery in my world, sometimes we don't have the tools to measure so we can't quantify, but that doesn't take away from what is.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Some things, like relationships - basically (personally) a lot of them have to do with personal emotional feelings, I can never find the answer to.

Why am I with the person I love? They have flaws, I have too, why are they with me?

Why do we have to be nice? Is karma really going to bite me in the ass (though I just think that when you have a build up of fuck ups in life, it'll just get to you one way or another)? Is it a fact or is it a belief?

Why why why

Do you have unanswered emotional questions? Do you have pain not being able to answer them?
I was thinking more on the lines of,

is the universe infinite? or is it just the surface of hypershere? if it is the surface of a hypershere, that could mean that there are other hypersheres sitting inside the surface of a hyperhypersphere. parallel universes or just other universes :)
are the men in black real?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Deciding what to do in the absence of information seems pretty common in real life.
...but that's the modus operandi of Te users.

How about rephrasing your question to: What scientific evidence do I need to know to have the most informed opinion of the nature of the universe. In what way is it insufficient to answer my question(s) and how are those questions being pursued. What is it about currently unanswerable questions that make them feel disturbing?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking more on the lines of,

is the universe infinite? or is it just the surface of hypershere? if it is the surface of a hypershere, that could mean that there are other hypersheres sitting inside the surface of a hyperhypersphere. parallel universes or just other universes :)
are the men in black real?
Those come backed up with some (theoretical) research and you're free to form your own opinions. Fields concerning emotions however are more fluid. Forming your opinions based on emotions are sometimes just so hard.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Those come backed up with some (theoretical) research and you're free to form your own opinions. Fields concerning emotions however are more fluid. Forming your opinions based on emotions are sometimes just so hard.
I guess... i can't see the theoretical research that would back it up though... but in theory (lol) if that research could or was done, I see your point. But I think Psychologists are just like Physicist in regards to both topics. I think Physicist are just as close to figuring out such a mystery of the universe as psychologist are to understanding emotions (entirely or whatever)

·
Registered
137 Posts
As an INTP, I totally understand what you mean. I spent my whole life to try to understand people and life in general. After a while I made a terrible discovery that asking these types of questions will only yield more complex questions.

I realized that some questions are not meant to be answered and dwelling on them will not help but may lead to madness and depression.

Point here is simple,don't try to answer questions that can't be answered. Not all things happen for a reason, things just happen. Try to answer what you can and embrace all the beautiful irrationals things life offers.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

Why why why

I relate. However, I can answer your first two questions.
As the Arabs say, hubbuka 'shai'a yu'yee aw yussimu, "your love for something blinds (from seeing defects in the thing) and deafens (from hearing criticism of it)." Why? Because it has to be some way. If you put ten marbles in a sack, marked with numbers from 1 to 10, and then pull them out one by one, your chance of pulling them out in a certain combination is one out of 28 million (I think, although I didn't do the calculations myself and don't wish to). Why? Because you're pulling them out, and it has to be some combination. If you pull out marbles, they'll come in a certain order. Why are we pulling marbles out of a sack here? That question I cannot answer.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I GUESS I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE.

-

It is extremely difficult to stay alert and attentive, instead of getting hypnotized by the constant monologue inside your own head (may be happening right now). Twenty years after my own graduation, I have come gradually to understand that the liberal arts cliché about teaching you how to think is actually shorthand for a much deeper, more serious idea: learning how to think really means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think. It means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience. Because if you cannot exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed. Think of the old cliché about ‘the mind being an excellent servant but a terrible master.’
This, like many clichés, so lame and unexciting on the surface, actually expresses a great and terrible truth. It is not the least bit coincidental that adults who commit suicide with firearms almost always shoot themselves in: the head. They shoot the terrible master. And the truth is that most of these suicides are actually dead long before they pull the trigger.
And I submit that this is what the real, no-bullshit value of your liberal arts education is supposed to be about: how to keep from going through your comfortable, prosperous, respectable adult life dead, unconscious, a slave to your head and to your natural default setting of being uniquely, completely, imperially alone day in and day out.

On the 5th anniversary of David Foster Wallace’s death, his timelesscommencement address on the meaning of life – the only public talk he ever gave on his worldview and philosophy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.