·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[INFJ 34,848 / 1,547

[ENFJ] 7,367 / 426

[ENFP] 24,632 / 1,080

[INFP] 69,166 / 2,589

Why is that the case? shouldn't we be too busy daydreaming to be on here contemplating real life issues
o_O

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Perhaps we need this to compensate for our lack of verbal skill in combination with our rich inner life. We have a lot to say but our introversion limits our ability to express that verbally in daily life.
In addition, I feel INFP's are less compatible with the majority of other people than many other personality types, thus tend to communicate less in social settings.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with all your posts so far :p
alas, we do have substantial reasons to be here.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Haha, I compared the thread counts to the rest of the boards a few weeks ago because I had a feeling it'd turn out that the INFP forum had the most.

I figure the thought process is probably the same for most of us when we find this board: "Wait, you mean there's a place that I can type instead of talk about what I feel and what it's like to be me, and instead of feeling like an alien everyone there actually knows exactly what I'm talking about and shares their thoughts openly, AND I get to do this all while hiding behind a computer monitor anonymously? Woohoo!"

·
Registered
149 Posts
People don't usually discuss "the meaning of life" and their ideas of "morality and immorality" at polite social functions so I guess the internet was the next best thing smokin to get some of our introverted thoughts out in the open.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey don't deny the facts, bro. We are original, no need to state the obvious. But we are also usually outcasts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think it's a combo of our ability to express ourselves through writing, our introverted nature meaning we are on the computer more maybe and a feeling of not fitting in or being different to others that makes us seek out like minds.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
We might have something to communicate that we cannot express in the outside world for various reasons (anxiety, lack of close friends, no opportunities to take a conversation into deep space, etc).

·
Registered
873 Posts
As an introvert, I'm mostly in front of my computer than outside with other extroverts. That's just me. Also, I agree with @Necrox

1 - 17 of 17 Posts