Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Seriously I think we deal with people having problems with understanding who we are more than we think and I was just coming to some epiphanies on it. I really think this is a problem. I hear us describes by so many as too quick and “changing like the breeze” as if learning different interests could ever truly change me. Because it wouldnt. Emotional experiences can... but Fi is mostly consistent. Actually on brain scans we are the most homogeneous of all the types and I think it is because our Ne-Fi makes it so that we can change everything around us and still feel very steadily that we are “us”. It does not make us lose our self-orientation. But I think some people would actually need training on how to see our consistent Fi. Fi to some people seems very random also. They wouldn’t know how to see x + y=z emotion consistently.

I have heard people say ENFPs “change like the wind” more than once.

Similarly I have heard things that I view as incorrect or over-simplifications from some people. For instance “I don’t like cat people”. Thinking that you can boil down an entire person’s personality and also predict your interactions with them due to them liking cats.

I believe there are many MBTI related reasons why people reduce very complicated personalities down to almost nothing. I think it usually comes from a desire (or maybe a felt need, I wouldn’t know) to predict and/or simplify information... neither desire is anything that Ne doms need from what I understand or experience with Ne.

From my perspective, the more complex the more fun, the newer or more surprising the more exciting

But I know that is not how everyone works and there are reasons people work how they do. And there are pitfalls To each thing too.
For us not finishing all of the things we are capable of because of something more new all the time... oh shiney/sparkly....

But the real thought camp of polymathy from what I can tell, is the belief that the human brain is capable of carrying many and multiple interests as far into those interests as you can go... hence... Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Ben Franklin, etc.

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Whippit. Lol. There was no danger of that and I doubt she was worried about that. That’s funny, though. I do agree that that would be rough. Lol. Her reaction didn’t bother me, I did use it as an example since it had just happened. She’s had the same reaction before when she has learned new big pieces of me. She usually processes it after a while. She tends to think of any art form as something that you have to devote yourself singularly to. Later I was singing a song with her that I had translated and the way she was talking it was very strange to her to think of someone translating who doesn’t write... I think she would only attempt something like that if she could get a “poet” to translate a song. Basically find someone else whose expertise is translating poetry— contract with experts would be her norm. But I write poetry.

She was able to analyze the song and the meaning and the sensitive accompaniment excellently.... but she couldn’t analyze the poetry and didn’t try. She does not pretend to be a writer

21 - 23 of 23 Posts