Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you find yourself, as an INTP, moving your lips like you are speaking but without sound emanating from your mouth just moments before you actually speak the words? I remember as a child my brother asking me why I would speak, or rather move my lips, without saying anything, only to say the same thing with sound only moments later. I told him that I didn't do this, but he insisted that I did. Eventually I realized that he was correct because I caught myself doing this without even realizing it. I believe I do this when I am in so deep of thought that I am almost entirely detached from my physical body and completely oblivious to the world around me. I am thinking so hard that my imagining of what I am about to say to someone actually comes through in the movement of my lips lol.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
To the opposite, sometimes I find myself having said something and then murmuring it to myself afterwords.... which sounds really creepy when I say it. I think it's mostly when I'm alone. I'll say something out loud and then murmur it silently back to myself... oh god this is getting weirder.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
No, I talk with my mouth closed.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
No, but this girl I knew at school used to do this. I pointed it out to her and she seemed taken aback like she had no idea she did it. She was pretty much the opposite of an INTP (i.e. probably an ESFJ).

·
Registered
348 Posts
To the opposite, sometimes I find myself having said something and then murmuring it to myself afterwords.... which sounds really creepy when I say it. I think it's mostly when I'm alone. I'll say something out loud and then murmur it silently back to myself... oh god this is getting weirder.
I just muttered, "yes" after reading this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts