Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic was brought to my attention when a friend (likely ENTP) talked about how he would sometimes wake up finding he was having a conversation in his dream or head, and I shared my own experiences of doing the same thing. Some other guys at the table thought it wierd, but I found it rather interesting and enlightening that this issue is not unique. The conversations I was having with myself at the moment of waking up are not especially worth remembering, as often I forget about them, but once in awhile, there is an idea or answer that seems interesting enough to remember. The conversations usually hop from topic to topic, possibly because it's just figuring out interesting issues of the previous day. So, I am wondering if this experience pertains to any of you, and if there is an explanation for it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've been doing it especially lately. I wake up already half-way into a conversation I'm having with myself in my head. I don't particularly like it. It can be really stressful and makes my head feel clausterphobic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not sure if that's happened to me before, but I do wake up with a completely random song playing in my head on a regular basis, usually something embarrassing like an old Britney Spears hit.
My regular sleeping routine involves me waking up every 3-4 of hours of the night, get up, do something obsurd (like check if all the lights are off, switch loads of laundry, or get a glass of water I never end up drinking, etc). But, I do always remember talking to myself in my sleep. I can't say I remember half of them but I don't remember the last time I had an ABNORMAL dream to talk about.

And I liked your post because a few months ago I started taking sleeping pills, for obvious reasons, and I've woken up at least a dozen times with two or three songs playing in my head for no reason! And whats funny about waking up with songs in your head is, they're stuck in your head for the rest of the day... No catchy tune can relinquish whats on my mind.

Oddly enough, I've learned lyrics in my sleep doing this as well. You know those songs you hear on the radio that you don't know the words to, but you can hum it fine and dandy? My sublimative mind more than adequately picked those lyrics and I can hear them playing in the background. It's actually kinda cool.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Seeing as I'm always conversing with myself when I have a free moment, I wouldn't be surprised if I did so while dreaming and upon waking up as well. Usually when I wake up though, my first words are "ugh, I wanna sleep some more!" ;o)

I'm so not a morning person. -_-

·
Banned
327 Posts
Every day :)

Sometimes the conversations are quite interesting.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is hard to get to sleep because it is hard to stop having conversations with myself. Not unpleasant or anxious ones. There is just so much in the world to learn and experience. Thank you sleep meds!!!

If I have any memories of time before waking up, it usually of me observing myself dreaming.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not sure . . . but I do debate and converse in my head while I'm waking though. I just have so many questions!! I guess that's due to me not speaking up in school . . . hehe

·
Registered
179 Posts
I usually wake up partially multiple times during the night, and I almost always become aware that there's this conversation or problem-solving session going on. I only tune in for a few seconds before drifting back off to full sleep, but it always sounds deep and productive. However, rarely do I remember it on a conscious level when I awake in the morning.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
No, not upon waking. Usually the dream I just had is on my mind or I'm contemplating whether I should get up yet or not.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finding myself having a conversation while sleeping appears to be somewhat gone now, because I now tend to wake up from a dream where I was playing around with people or characters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts