Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
In progress
2,279 Posts
Immature Ti users often believe that there is some kind of objectively provable, universal truth that can be applied to all situations. The problem with this view is that people aren't entirely rational, and may exhibit inconsistent behaviours. This can be frustrating to someone who seeks clarity and congruence between one's thoughts, statements and actions.

Ti users often worry that if there is no standard that can be debated and proven through logic, we will descend into a primitive state where might makes right and certain people get a pass due to their status and position in society.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Anger. Book illustration by Charles Le Brun (1619 – 1690)

It is always fascinating to observe people in conversation claiming the exact opposite of what they said an hour ago, proudly denying that they have changed their mind in the meantime (a = ¬ a). They apparently think that any nonsense is good enough for a conversation. I strongly disagree and will not let them escape. An hour later they are still angry about their loss of face, and they still refuse to accept responsibility for their nonsense.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How I get away with demon Fe.

1. Proceed to say something offensive
2. Justify it to myself coz I'm merely telling the truth
3. Tell the offended person he/she needs to accept reality and stop living in the clouds and proceed to mock the over reacting fool
4. I become a comedian coz of all my inappropriate jokes
5. I start seeing people as NPCs
6. Wut is feeling?
:D

I think you've topped the offensivometre.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,717 Posts
🤔 Do you find that you offend people easily with your TI truth?

No. I'm an older ENTP. I have learned a little tact with my tertiary Fe. I have learned that most people don't want to know the truth even when they blatantly ask for it. They merely want you to reinforce their comfortable lies. I generally do my best to not disappoint.

Reactions: PersonaBelle

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No. I'm an older ENTP. I have learned a little tact with my tertiary Fe. I have learned that most people don't want to know the truth even when they blatantly ask for it. They merely want you to reinforce their comfortable lies. I generally do my best to not disappoint.
Yes, I've heard a lot of TI users say that they get better at utilising their FE with time. People clinging with dear life to their comfortable lies is indeed prevalent in our society.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Immature Ti users often believe that there is some kind of objectively provable, universal truth that can be applied to all situations. The problem with this view is that people aren't entirely rational, and may exhibit inconsistent behaviours. This can be frustrating to someone who seeks clarity and congruence between one's thoughts, statements and actions.

Ti users often worry that if there is no standard that can be debated and proven through logic, we will descend into a primitive state where might makes right and certain people get a pass due to their status and position in society.
Interesting interpretation of TI users... if you can remember the origin...would you say that you cam to this view from your own intuition...or picked it up from an external source?

·
Registered
In progress
2,279 Posts
Interesting interpretation of TI users... if you can remember the origin...would you say that you cam to this view from your own intuition...or picked it up from an external source?
Very little of my knowledge is directly derived from an external source. I simply observe people, generate a number of possible reasons for their behaviour, evaluate their probabilities and then draw some conclusions. Because I believe that an argument should stand or fall on its own logic, I do not cite a study, name people or quote drop them unless doing so is essential for someone else to understand my ideas. Whether my ideas are supported by others is irrelevant to me (as to consider that would be an appeal to authority).

That being said, I'm also wise enough to recognise that when we discuss the behaviour of people, our arguments are based on relative probability, not certainty. Therefore, unlike in mathematics, a single exception is insufficient to invalidate a principle.

Reactions: PersonaBelle

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Very little of my knowledge is directly derived from an external source. I simply observe people, generate a number of possible reasons for their behaviour, evaluate their probabilities and then draw some conclusions. Because I believe that an argument should stand or fall on its own logic, I do not cite a study, name people or quote drop them unless doing so is essential for someone else to understand my ideas. Whether my ideas are supported by others is irrelevant to me (as to consider that would be an appeal to authority).

That being said, I'm also wise enough to recognise that when we discuss the behaviour of people, our arguments are based on relative probability, not certainty. Therefore, unlike in mathematics, a single exception is insufficient to invalidate a principle.
Thank you for responding to my question, this has helped to clarify a lot.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,412 Posts
probably yes. usually I think I can pad the hard truth nicely but when I'm upset or just lacking patience (which is pretty often)I just generally blurt it out and the truth can honestly be offensive especially when it's of a critical nature. not sure what you mean about the FeFiFo TeTiTo

·
Registered
INFJ still fits least bad
6,653 Posts
I mean, telling the truth is bound to offend someone in a society in which people are given leave for whole generations of people to militantly deny reality in favor of a preferred "truth" that's in alignment to one's own personal identity. Unfortunately, so many of these identities are "protected classes", thus most people aren't even allowed to tell them the truth without consequences.

It's never been a more dangerous time to be a critically thinking and honest person.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I take my car and go shopping. I end up behind a SUV that drives below the speed limit. The SUV doesn't use the blinker, can't take a corner, manage its speed, and thinks that driving slower gives some moral authority to keep annoying everyone behind. And you know what, I overtake the dumbass without waiting for an authorization.

And what happens next? They flash their lights all pissed off and even sometimes try to catch up, just in case I didn't notice they're stupid.

They're all outraged because 1) my car is smaller 2) I broke the legal authorizations 3) they didn't see it coming since they don't look around 4) they can't afford the oil consumption of their big idiotic car 5) they determine what is proper speed based on their pathetic driving skills and focus, 6) they liked the concept of pissing off people like me but I didn't let them do as they please.

That's a good allegory.

I mean it isn't about speaking the truth but pointing at somebody's incompetence.

·
Code Cracked
13,144 Posts
95% of the time I do not intentionally do it when it happens but, it does happen. I will correct myself when there is a legit reason aside from someone taking it personally for illogical reasons. shrugs We are all a work in progress (or should be) and make mistakes aside from pinning it on a specific function.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts