Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like at first I get along very well with ENFPs.. But from the few I know in real life, our relationships never work out.

One of them is so dramatic. and she says stupid things like, "Well, when I'm famous.." and she always talks about sex. that's it. Sex and her job.

Usually, I'm a very talkative person but when I'm around her, she does all of the talking. Mostly boring stories about what she did that day and who she slept with when she was drunk and why she hates her sister this week.

Actually, since she got a boyfriend she hasn't called.

The other one I don't like for a different reason. and lucky you, I'm going to tell you about it! :] There was this guy I was involved with and then we like, stopped seeing each other but I still liked him. and I told her all about him and how I still liked him. And we saw him in public and I showed him to her. She told me I was immature for not going to say hi. Maybe I am, but that isn't the point.

Next thing I know, they're hanging out, then they're making out, and now they're going out.

Obviously they aren't all like the two girls I mentioned, but I was wondering how other INFPs get along ENFPs..

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't know...that was my point in the other thread. It seems like a lot of INFPs can't handle ENFPs for some reason. Although I would never act anything like either of those girls.

Reactions: ECM

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know...that was my point in the other thread. It seems like a lot of INFPs can't handle ENFPs for some reason. Although I would never act anything like either of those girls.
Yeah I figured most people wouldn't act like them. There's something wrong with those two..
I was scared that people were going to think that I was implying all ENFPs were like those girls and I promise I'm not.

You know how sometimes you can totally tell that someone is a good person and you really want to be friends with them but for some reason you just can't handle when they're around?

I sound like a rambling moron.. I can't ever explain what I mean.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I do okay with ENFPs. The biggest problem I have is feeling neglected/ignored and then rolling my eyes at some of the behavior of the ENFP when there is a gathering. It nags at me a little, but it's not really a big deal. I accept ENFPs as they are and continue to have pretty decent relationships with them.

·
11,928 Posts
Yeah I figured most people wouldn't act like them. There's something wrong with those two..
I was scared that people were going to think that I was implying all ENFPs were like those girls and I promise I'm not.
It's cool :happy:

I sound like a rambling moron.. I can't ever explain what I mean.
I can't either...words fail me. And then when I do attempt to explain things, my idea just gets lost :dry:

Well...I don't really have anything to contribute lol
I know that there are a couple of INFPs with ENFP friends, though.

·
Banned
780 Posts
I have a few ENFP friends...one is more quiet and she is great to be around...the other is a little more loud and dramatic, but she also has a deep side. I enjoy them both.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have only been close friends with 1 ENFP, (that I know of), but he is one of my favorite people, EVER. We can talk endlessly about almost anything because we relate to each other so well. When we're in social situations together, he has an almost preternatural understanding of how much to me out of my shell, and when to back off. I think (or hope, at least) that I do the same for him, in the opposite direction - I help him chill out and self-reflect when he gets too chaotic.

We might be a rare balance, though; our intrinsic values are well matched, and I'm more comfortable socializing than a lot of I's are (tests never seem to pick up on that, for some reason).

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I love ENFP's. The only difficulty I have with a few of them is they talk to much. But this is only a few. Most of the ones I have ever known have been great but I can't associate as long and as much as they want so I try not to get to close to them.

4,757 Posts
My mum is an ENFP and I guess that she's sort of rubbed me the wrong way for awhile. She's the most extreme P that I know and, honestly, that annoys me because she's like the extreme version of me. She's such an intelligent and awesome and giving person and yet she's very absentminded and lacks basic common sense about most things. Also, she has always thought there was something wrong with me because I love being at home and because I don't need to be social - i.e. I'm an introvert. She's finally come to see that there might not be something wrong with me after I sent her an article about introversion from PerC :tongue:

I do have an a ENFP friend and she's one of the best, nicest people I know, but she's a bit too much to handle sometimes. I need to see her in small chunks.

(--- thank god, I finally have 500 posts!:happy:)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I want an INFP friend. I have one, but I've had some trouble with him. I like a lot of the ones I see on here though :)

·
11,928 Posts
It always strikes me how people think ENFPs lack common sense. I don't think that I do, but I'm not good with words and I can never explain myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My cousin is an ENFP and we get along great. She's a genuinely compassionate person, so she listens when you talk, but she also knows that people like to just listen, and she can talk too. She senses that Im not much of a small talker, so she cuts to the chase and doesn't miss a beat.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Yeah. The ENFP I knew was hilarious. We would just act goofy all the time and I was a little hyperactive when I was around them.

4,757 Posts
It always strikes me how people think ENFPs lack common sense. I don't think that I do, but I'm not good with words and I can never explain myself.
I don't think that it's about being inarticulate. The most inarticulate person I know is my dad and he's a ESTJ - and yet he has so much common sense it's coming out of his ears. I can really, really see it my mum because she does a lot of things without thinking and the worst is that I know how intelligent she is, but you wouldn't know it if you were only a casual acquaintance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My little sister is an ENFP, but I get along with her well. She is very talkative and likes to talk alot. Often, she talks about simple things or she'll ask my brother and I questions. Other times, she'll show us what she did, like art work or drawings or if she needs help with something, she'll come to us. Also, she likes to make comments about what she sees on tv.

·
11,928 Posts
I don't think that it's about being inarticulate. The most inarticulate person I know is my dad and he's a ESTJ - and yet he has so much common sense it's coming out of his ears. I can really, really see it my mum because she does a lot of things without thinking and the worst is that I know how intelligent she is, but you wouldn't know it if you were only a casual acquaintance.
Then I guess it's just Ne...I'm pretty sure that that's how I come off. Having Ne as a dominant function is a curse >.<
But I've heard other people say that they think ENFPs lack common sense.

4,757 Posts
Then I guess it's just Ne...I'm pretty sure that that's how I come off. Having Ne as a dominant function is a curse >.<
But I've heard other people say that they think ENFPs lack common sense.
Huh, maybe it is the dominant Ne. My mum is a physician and a professor and an academic, and she has the most complex/intuitive/out of the box ideas that really resonant with me. I think that this because we share Ne and the same intellectual base. But yeah ... now that I think about it, too much Ne may not be the best thing. It makes her off the wall - all the time - and that's maybe where the lack of common sense comes from.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I get along very well with my INFP friends...but, I score very very low on the E scale, so I'm almost an INFP myself. The thing that really makes me ENFP is my zest for humanity (not that INFPs and other types don't have that!) and my periods of time that I spend "detached" from myself and just observe others.

I'm not one to talk talk talk talk, either. I enjoy listening. The INFPs do most of the talking around me, actually! Hehehe. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
3/5 of my closest friends happen to be ENFPs, and we (obviously) get along great. They're all ridiculously funny and clever and a lot of fun to be around. I'm, of course, an introvert, so I do occasionally need my space and time away from them (whereas they always want to be together), but when I am feeling more social, I love hanging out with them because they make everything entertaining. We have a lot in common because of the -NFP, and their E's really bring me out of my shell. So, yeah, I love ENFPs.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i've noticed some peopel saying the ENFPs are naive and such..well here my opinion:they are extraverts and they're VERY aware of whats ok socially-but they push those limits a bit-not crossing the line but coming close.they think alot like us all abstract and in their head but they projectalot more onto the world. most of the ENFPs i've seen here are chairsmatic-a trait i wish i had myself-they have exellent people skilsl but they aren't as commited to order and such as most of the other extraverts over all i generally like them-unless they're VERY extraverted. they're my 3rd favourite after INFPs and ENFjs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts