Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I started first grade I started crying hysterically every day. I was supposed to go to a "special school" after Kindergarten (due to my delays from autism), but my mother didn't like the teacher so I just went on to "regular" first grade. School was always a nightmare for me. I take criticism hard and hate if I seem rude or unkind to people. I also was bullied a lot, but oddly that didn't upset me too much, over all. But I still get really upset with myself if I've made someone feel bad and I felt really bad last night because I'd had a huge panic attack with severe heart palpitations (and my resting pulse rate is high to begin with).

I tried calling my doctor and she said to call my psychiatrist and say it was an emergency. I did so, leaving a message in the office, and I never got a call back. My psychiatrist is a *very* busy man and does get back whenever he can, but I felt really distressed and unloved. I know it sounds stupid to expect a psychiatrist to love you, but I really adore him. I can't get ahold of him until late Monday night at the earliest. I hope my heart palpitations stay under control until then. But I was super, super hurt and crying a lot when he didn't call me back because I felt he didn't care about me.

Do any other 4's have this problem of getting their feelings hurt easily?

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
(Not a four)

No. I've got fairly thick skin about most things.

·
Registered
INFP, 4w5 sx/sp ♂
1,525 Posts
Yes, I get my feelings hurt very easily. Over everything. Even the smallest things. Even when the person probably wasn't even trying to offend me in the first place.

I would cry at school...a lot. Especially in middle school, because I was bullied rather often due to being shy and having poor social skills.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Though I don't tend to show it much or talk about, most of it comes from being self critical though and taking someone's actions as a reflection of me.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sometimes I get hurt when people don't respond to my text messages. Even though I know that they're probably doing something else, I start building up stories in my mind about how they must have suddenly started hating me. I stretch it so far that I start hating them for giving me the silent treatment instead of just telling me that they don't like me and I even sorta prepare myself for a bitter argument. Then they write back and everything is forgotten.

I used to be a lot worse though.. Back in the days I would keep texting people when they didn't answer and try to call them and I would make my text messages increasingly "mean" in the sense that I would guilt trip them into feeling bad about ignoring me. Needless to say, I wasn't very popular back then.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Yes, I do. It's more often than not about my analysis of the behavior and how I interpret it, rather than the behavior itself. I have this terrible habit of NOT taking things at face value, and instead looking for what that behavior says about the person. Say someone forgot to write to me ? I take it as a sign that they don't really care, and that hurts me. I'm trying to tone that down, but there was a time where I didn't do this and idealized the person instead - and I ended up heartbroken. So now I do the complete opposite.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Not a four, but I can be very four-ish at times.

Yes, I do get easily hurt. If someone gets mad at me, depending on how difficult things have been for me lately, then I just shut down if insulted. I was also abused. I think my father was a very unhealthy type 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts