Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I don't seem to get intimidated by people with other personalities, but if I know that I'm interacting with someone who also has the INTJ personality type, I sometimes do.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I'm not sure what my real feeling is, and how much is an attitude I kind of constructed and backed up over the years with practice.

I want to say, "yeah, probably."

Except my only real feeling when confronted with some guy who somehow tries to challenge mah autoriteh is I just want to fight them, let the victor emerge.

I don't feel threatened that way by women except for when they're in authority over me, then they just fit in that class of people I also want to fight, or just remove any emotion and play the scene like a game.

No, I guess not really, it's not intimidated by INTJs, especially.

Like or dislike, it's just who has the power and who is trying to coerce me. Not to do with typology to me.

Not much of an answer, but that's what I can say.

///////////////
EDIT yeah, I suppose I thought this was clear, but I'll make it plain that it's not to do with intellectual intimidation or challenge. Plenty of women know more than me, same with men. That's all fine, just so long as they aren't on the wrong side of the "idea fence," which is kind of...well, just trust me, there is one. But that can all be dealt with in a civil fashion, without any emotions or feeling wounded (IMHO, maybe not for others).

It's all coercion and power, even if there are no consequences to me -- I can't have it in front of me without seeing red, so, man or woman, not intimidated in that case. They are enemies, in a very real, literal sense, who crossed the line in the sand. Sangfroid, that's the way that you handle enemies.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
No. I like engaging with them on numerous occassions; face to face - usually one of intellectual discourse - [even better if they punch back] -- (&) they usually do when I engage them, especially those high-functioning lanky science guys from my courses. Have turned many lecture hall(s) into a lively bloodbath with mostly (NT) men; quick exchange(s) of ideas (&) so forth, readily vomitting on each other with mutual interest(s) - rather fun. Offline, they are always pleasantly surprised (&) engaging when an (NT)-female humanoid show(s) up out of the blue. They are fundemental necessities for my intellectual exercise / hygiene.

INTP entertain me better, however.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, that's good point. I think I probably find INTJs sometimes more intimidating as it's a challenge. In general, with most other personalities there's not enough logic in their arguments to form any sort of challenge or difficulty when arguing with them. This was especially the case back in high school when every argument turned into a fight of insults, which was rather entertaining as most people's insults didn't make much sense.

Reactions: jtour and PiT

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Nah, they're cuties. Usually nonjudgmental, open, curious, good.
two out of four isn't so bad...for a batting average, it's excellent!

+1 on the "cuties" though -- I think some of us clean up pretty good once we start cleaning all the layers of crust off, like the mind and stuff.

Like the boy scout manual used to say, it's not the dirt on the outside that matters, it's the dirt on the inside.

Weird.

Forget about it.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
No, not intimidating more like wary of their space. There have only been maybe two or three [known] INTJs I've felt an almost-instant click with. The rest ends up being 'I see you and you see me, so let's stay out of each other's way' thing.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I think some of us clean up pretty good once we start cleaning all the layers of crust off, like the mind and stuff.

Like the boy scout manual used to say, it's not the dirt on the outside that matters, it's the dirt on the inside.
And this is the best about INTJs :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Of course I do not.

Why do you get intimidated when interacting with them? Are you typing about INTJs from the internet or those who you know in real life...?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Somewhat, though it's also a relief in a sense since INTJs don't tend to carry around as much social baggage as other types do. It is tiring to deal with "normal" people who are obsessed with affecting a persona to gain crowd approval. As far as the crowd goes, I would only be too happy if they forgot about me and left me alone.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
No, I'm not intimidated by anybody. Unless I knew they were a murderous psychopath or something.

·
Registered
645 Posts
No, I'm not intimidated by anybody. Unless I knew they were a murderous psychopath or something.
The only time i was afraid of one person was this dude that had a really evil aura , his behavior , his look , his voice ,ect . My intuition never made me feels that again with other peoples.

He beated his wife and child and went to jail for using a gun to steal something .

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Personally, I don't seem to get intimidated by people with other personalities, but if I know that I'm interacting with someone who also has the INTJ personality type, I sometimes do.
No, but I only know one for sure in real life, and he is my son. We get along fine, no intimidation on either side.

On here, I think I did when I first started posting, long ago. But that was more because I didn't know anything about the forum and not much about MBTI. I don't like being the newbie. But I got over that quickly, and this is usually a comfortable place for me.

What intimidates you about INTJs?

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
Nah, I’m more than used to interacting with all sorts of fellow NT’s on a daily basis. In fact, that common denominator facilitates mutual understanding, enhances pragmatism and favours a productive dispassionate / impersonal exchange of ideas in all kinds of discussions. Also, there’s no need to sugar-coat anything.

Reactions: jtour and Agent X

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mainly those from the internet. To be fair, I've only met a handful of INTJs in real-life so that probably adds to the possible reasons why. I think I believe that I need all my facts and claims to be correct all the time when interacting with other INTJs, especially on the internet, since I know that most other INTJs probably have the high standards that I have.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I think I believe that I need all my facts and claims to be correct all the time when interacting with other INTJs, especially on the internet, since I know that most other INTJs probably have the high standards that I have.
That sounds like something I can understand.

I wonder if many other INTJs are like me in that I don't consider trivia or things like that to be important facts -- they're just kind of funny things that come to mind occasionally, like little toys you can play around with.

I think, at least for me, the ratio of facts to actual ideas is, it's very high, like 100:1, 1000:1, what comes into my head. Couldn't say for others.

Maybe kids care about facts and knowledge, and I admit to having been impressed by other people's knowledge even well into my 20s, but I think I got over it when I decided I'd read enough to shift attention to trying to perform acts with some of those tools.

But, yes, you're not wrong, I don't think, at least that I would not be always understanding someone who isn't speaking some of my language, but fortunately I think most INTJ here at least are having fun most of the time, not too serious all the time.

·
Registered
INTJ
603 Posts
Yes, my INTJ boyfriend and I found each other to be intimidating at first but we became fast friends which eventually led to a relationship...We basically tried to intimidate each other by being weird but found ourselves being weird together...*shrugs*

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Mainly those from the internet. To be fair, I've only met a handful of INTJs in real-life so that probably adds to the possible reasons why. I think I believe that I need all my facts and claims to be correct all the time when interacting with other INTJs, especially on the internet, since I know that most other INTJs probably have the high standards that I have.
I get around that by being totally upfront when I don't have all the facts. Which is most of the time. And I don't express opinions if I am truly ignorant. If someone is spouting off on quantum theory or British monetary policy in the colonial era, I don't argue, because I have no clue what I am talking about. And they probably don't either, so it would be a waste of everyone's time.

·
Registered
11,420 Posts
since I know that most other INTJs probably have the high standards that I have.
well, here's a thought. i'm not acquainted with you, but when you do find something that's factually wrong, what is your own 'attitude' about correcting it? i can't say from personal experience since i don't really hang out in wider-web intj spaces, but around here i have heard as how a lot of the rest of the internet is very full of rather infantile little people just itching to start pissing matches about nothing at all.

I've seen that, but personally I've never sorted it much by the type :wink:. more like the general context, i.e. whatever life/interest niche the 'community' is based on.

it'll be up to you, but i like it in here. people do have that accuracy thang going on, i think. but if they have something to add or a correction to contribute, the manner is a lot more contributory than confrontational. unless they're already loaded for some kind of bear, they don't often make a fight out of JUST the fact that somebody got some date or some whatever wrong.

idk if that helps any.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
What exactly intimidates you in general? If you know the answer to that, then maybe you could see why INTJs are more intimidating than other types? It seems to me that the INTJ personality type is quite exaggerated "out there" and sometimes that portrayal may make INTJs seem much more than they actually are.

Anyway, what intimidates me is when I'm in a new situation and I meet the "social butterfly" or those who seem naturally able to fit in. That's intimidating for me because that's a blind spot for me in my day-to-day life. I don't know how to be/act/look normal and sometimes that can be a bit terrifying.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. No, I don't get intimidated around other INTJs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts