Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I've accidentally gotten at least four (maybe more like ten) of my friends into MBTI just by mentioning it... my roommate is currently reading the ISTJ profile because I said that was probably her type (as she is reading she is raising her eyebrows and nodding) and several other of my friends have had their interests piqued and taken the test because of me.

Is this something you, other ENFPs, do? Or do you not mention MBTI around other people?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I mention MBTI and type almost EVERYBODY. Obsessed ENFP is obsessed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will talk about it to anyone who is willing to sit there and blink at me. Honestly. Completely obsessed! I haven't exactly 'gotten' anyone into it, but I certainly have explained the concept and types to everyone (and typed them too, who am I kidding). I've explained and discussed MBTI with my mother the most, and it really helped her to understand me (since she's an ENFJ and with all opposing functions, we tend to clash a lot. Especially on the Fe/Fi front).

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Not really. I like to keep things to myself. "Evil face"
-Ob.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Tried to. The intuitives were interested. The SPs thought it was cool. But the SJs basically refused to find any "use" in MBTI and forced me to stop trying to them :)
It is true. My ESXJ friends were not that interested. I am sure they would have read it but who knows what they thought about it.
-Ob.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I feel like I've accidentally gotten at least four (maybe more like ten) of my friends into MBTI just by mentioning it... my roommate is currently reading the ISTJ profile because I said that was probably her type (as she is reading she is raising her eyebrows and nodding) and several other of my friends have had their interests piqued and taken the test because of me.

Is this something you, other ENFPs, do? Or do you not mention MBTI around other people?
I bring MBTI and PerC up with friends and others. Nearly everyone is interested. 'Recruiting' is fairly easy.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I stumbled upon MBTI whilst looking for answers as to why I don't particularly enjoy socializing like other people. I try to get my friends into it but they just don't geek over it like I do.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I do at times yes, some do not share my enthusiasm and also don't understand its a "science".

"Oh, Matts off on about his Star Signs again...." Then claim the MBTI system is BS.

Im just like "Its nothing to do with that kind of thing!!!! And its been proven too!"

>.<

Ever find yourself analysing yourself in situations too? I do things then all of a sudden im like "That was so ENFP of me" xD

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've gotten a few people into it actually! Most of them are INFPs, I swear most people I meet and get along with are INFPs, it's weird.
I used to mention it A LOT more then I do now, because it's less of the shiny new toy in my life. But I find that it really does help me understand people, so I'll be like, "oh you're an INTJ if you ever wondered" or "You're an ESFP by the way"
I find that most people view MBTI as something like astrology, like yes I'm a Sagittarius and an ENFP, but I'm more than that, where I find these things fun and helps me understand the way I am more clearly.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts

If you mean MBTI by My Big Thang Infinitely, then yes.

But otherwise, yes aswell. Typin all my buddies since I've discovered that. Discovered noostropics yesterday and think Im gonna try that

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
My ENFP is the one that originally taught me about MBTI, and showed me this place.

Sometimes I mention it to people myself but mostly online. I find it difficult to explain it IRL while simultaneously fighting off the strange looks I receive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put little practice into it until recent years. I try to show everyone!!! But everybody doesn't take it so strongly - no matter how hard I try!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts