Personality Cafe banner

Do you get tired of Arial?

986 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  tanstaafl28 
#1 ·
Before I came back, I would glance on some of the subforums, and my favorite typology ones are the Ne forums.
Ne's are fun.
Anyway, there was this one guy would only wrote in purple comic sans, and he said that it would infuriate the INTJs for like no reason, which I thought made the whole situation even more hilarious, because it's always funny when someone's unconventional decision makes other people mad, for some reason. Anyway, he made the point: we only use Arial because it begins with A, and the fonts are listed in alphabetical order, which makes perfect sense.
It pretty much epitomized everything I love about XNTP's lol.
Anyway, you guys ever get tired of Arial being used simply because it's alphabetically usually the first font?

#2 ·
I think the website defaults to Arial when phone posting. Gotta put in the extra work to not use Arial. I don't hate Arial, it's perfectly casual and pretty easy to read.

I prefer Garamond normal and small. It's a font with serifs, slightly small, and just overall pleasant.

What would you use that's not Arial?

#9 ·
How about Verdana? I am not sure, though I like the clarity... the letters a little wide apart, and it seems a bit uneven somehow... Tahoma then? it is very similar to arial isn't it? a bit tighter, the t is different, and the f, they are a bit wider. Trebuchet then? I did change, didn't I? Yes, I did, but very similar I think. The g is different. I would like a font that is just a little cursive, or cursivelooking, but there isn't one, so now I tried Georgia, but I am not liking it that much, I think I like these kinds of fonts on paper, but it becomes a bit much on screen somehow, I want clearer fonts on screen, perhaps it is that it is light and my eyes make it a bit fuzzy, the light doesn't stay within the borders properly on screen. Book antiqua is almost the same as Georgia, but a bit smaller... last choice is Courier new, it is different at least, but looks a bit unrefined somehow, clear, but drawn out.

Out of these I think I might choose Trebuchet, but as it is so similar to Arial, I might not really bother. -trebuchet
Out of these I think I might choose Trebuchet, but as it is so similar to Arial, I might not really bother. -arial

#14 ·
Verdana is my second fave sans serif font to Calibri.

Wish this thing had Palatino Linotype.
I just like finding excuses to say Palatino Linotype.

Reactions: attic
#10 ·
I personally prefer Times New Roman, but it's makes me look like a bourgeois asshole lol
That is mainly because I write lots of papers and essays, and I just got used to the font.

#18 ·
Not an ENTP, but I really have no huge font preferences in forums. However, I generally prefer medium stroke weight sans serif fonts. Also, code should always be monospaced.

Reactions: tanstaafl28
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.