Personality Cafe banner

When You Go Through a List, Do you go Top to Bottom or Bottom To Top?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to figure out if it is based on the types or it is a preference totally unrelated to their types.
Doesn't mean one is smarter than the other, just want to see how it is.

·
Registered
FUCK YOU 2020
14,167 Posts
I actually like starting somewhere in the middle and depending on my mood, either skim upwards and then downwards, or the other way around. I don't like reading lists chronologically. Voted bottom to top.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not type based. It's called preference. It's more like being right handed or left handed. Being black, yellow or white.

It's top to bottom.

Like who would exactly read from the bottom? Seriously.
It's hard for me to go from top to bottom.
Even in bed LOOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually like starting somewhere in the middle and depending on my mood, either skim upwards and then downwards, or the other way around. I don't like reading lists chronologically. Voted bottom to top.
That is very interesting, but would you not feel like you might miss out something? like maybe lose track of what Middle you started from?

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I'm usually so curious at what's in the bottom that i directly scroll to the bottom...

When i answer questions in a list, i answer them very random, a question here and a question there. I don't care about order. Chaos rule in INFP's land.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
I do not have any real specific order when going through lists.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Bottom to top. I've done this while taking tests (like when you read passages, I go to the questions first) and sometimes while reading threads. I think there's a couple reasons why.

1. Trying to find the main idea/what I'm suppose to be looking for.
2. Seeing how long it is.
3. Overwhelmed by too much information and somehow, reversing it and going backwards is more tolerable for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bottom to top. I've done this while taking tests (like when you read passages, I go to the questions first) and sometimes while reading threads. I think there's a couple reasons why.

1. Trying to find the main idea/what I'm suppose to be looking for.
2. Seeing how long it is.
3. Overwhelmed by too much information and somehow, reversing it and going backwards is more tolerable for me.
That makes sense!
totally relatable

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,208 Posts
I tend to glance through and start wherever something catches my eye. It also depends on whether it's important to do whatever it is in order or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts