Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And, if so, which ones?
Feel free to exercise your bragging rights.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know. I play in diamond league at SC2 with a dazzling 50 APM. I guess that is good without much training.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
The only video game I excel in is Counter Strike...

And I could hardly call Dance Dance Revolution a strategy game.:frustrating:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I would say I'm pretty good at it, also playing diamond league in sc2, ranked 3rd in my devision.
With an average apm of maybe 90. Mostly winning because of surprising the enemy, doing unexpected,unusual things. Such as expansions far away from your natural. Make an early rush, but actually you are teching, and just trying to give your enemy the impression that you are going for an all in rush.

·
Registered
82 Posts
im bad at strategy video games because its harder to read other players when you cant see them. im good at table top strategy games, how ever

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was quite good at BF2 and AA when I played them. In the former I would be happy to take the Commander position and had a better than average win rating when I did. I was a decent Squad Leader too, and did so without a mic. In both cases, however, I preferred to pick up a sniper rifle and find my own way through the thing. I have memories of Rising Typhoon where I could sit in the grass for hours and relay Intel to the rest of the team.

The only other games I'm 'good' at are sandbox games. I wandered around Morrowind for months, entering every cave I came to, before I even started the main story arc. I've barely started with Oblivion, but the same holds true.

No, I don't really excel at strategy video games.

·
Registered
894 Posts
No, not usually
unless the NFS games are considered strategic...
I do plays The Sims at times but there isn't real strategy there...
I do fairly well at COD

·
Registered
82 Posts
And, if so, which ones?
Feel free to exercise your bragging rights.
Used to like them... games like the Total War series for instance.

Now I feel like they're too much of a waste of time. As much as I'd like to conquer the world, I won't substitute the real thing for a video game.

Starting an army... anyone wanna join?

Wonder if Tyler Durden was an INTJ.

:tongue:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm pretty good at TBS games with a lot of micromanagement however I'm terrible at RTS. They move too quickly and are too simplistic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They move too quickly and are too simplistic.
You shouldn't make statements like that. Try Starcraft2.

Anyway, I like playing sc2 when I want some excitement and CIV4 when I want something slow. I'm playing some CIV5 at the moment but it's mainly because it's new.. I don't find it as complex as its prequel.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used to be a pretty competent Total Annihilation player, even against other humans. I wasn't awe-inspiring, but I was decent. Of course, I was playing against a lot of other engineering geeks in college, so who knows how many of them were also INTJs or ENTJs...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Any game that relies on a decent about of micromanagement/APM should never be called a strategy. That aside if I play strategy games I usually go for operational or grand strategy. Hearts of Iron 3 is a particular favourite, as was the old Close Combat series.

Snowguard: good call on Typhoon rising. My friends and I had this rather brilliant tactic of getting 3 of those buggy things, with 3 guys on each. Load them into the back of a Chinook and fly around the map, landing wherever was needed to raise some hell - before scurrying back to the helo before they could organise a decent response.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any game that relies on a decent about of micromanagement/APM should never be called a strategy.
Why?
I disagree because you need to have a strategy to execute it and micromanagement/high APM are only ways to draw the maximum out of it. "Mindless APM" is worthless.

Perhaps your personal definition of the word "strategy" differs from the one found in the dictionary?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Give me a turn based strategy game and I will pwn.

RTS, I will still pwn, but there are also a lot of memorized strategies out there and fast clickers.

I've been playing a lot of the tug-of-war type custom games in SC2 lately.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts