Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound silly, but I think many of us wonder if the ENTJ has any feelings at all. Well, I've come to believe that they do, so is it ONLY a matter of not expressing them or making decisions based on them?

Does the ENTJ love less, or is their love just hidden? :kitteh:

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
I FEEL like we've seen enough of this type of question.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I know this might sound silly, but I think many of us wonder if the ENTJ has any feelings at all. Well, I've come to believe that they do, so is it ONLY a matter of not expressing them or making decisions based on them?

Hi, there. Looks like you are fairly new to PerC. Welcome aboard. I can't speak for all ENTJs ... yes I have feelings. Sometimes I'm not aware that I'm "feeling" because I tend to confuse thinking with feeling. I'm not the best at expressing my feelings because unfortunately many of the negatives ones get automatically converted to anger without careful deliberation. The more positive ones I can relate to and express much better.

It's the negative ones I have the most challenge dealing with effectively. And, it is rare that I make decisions off my emotions.

If you are really interested in ENTJs perspectives on emotions and/or feelings in general....here are some threads that pre-date your membership with PerC. http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/13979-entj-emotions.html
http://personalitycafe.com/entj-for...onstrate-emotions-show-emotional-empathy.html
http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/13191-entj-sentimental-streak.html
http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/80044-how-do-entjs-like-shown-love.html

Also, another tip within each forum you can search for thread topics. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
@Tenshi, everyone has feelings; some just express them more than others, and some express only certain emotions. People are also affected by emotions differently.

My Husband is ENTJ and he has no problem sharing his feelings with me, but we have a lot of history and he trusts me more than anyone else...vital stuff for an ENTJ (in my personal experience with ENTJ's at least).

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@Tenshi , everyone has feelings; some just express them more than others, and some express only certain emotions. People are also affected by emotions differently.

My Husband is ENTJ and he has no problem sharing his feelings with me, but we have a lot of history and he trusts me more than anyone else...vital stuff for an ENTJ (in my personal experience with ENTJ's at least).
History and trust are imperative for me to open up my world of feelings with someone. But, even then I need help sometimes either through journaling, talking it through, reading something or seeing something to help me sort out what feelings I'm feeling and how they are truly affecting me. And, I have a hunch that over the years you have helped your husband in this process of being aware of his feelings and expressing them. Yes?

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
And, I have a hunch that over the years you have helped your husband in this process of being aware of his feelings and expressing them. Yes?
Yes, I'd say that's true. Especially considering he comes from a very emotionally closed family on top of it. He had no idea how to even identify what he was feeling at times; that was so foreign to me.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Man we must really come off as monsters to the "other types". As @Enfpleasantly said, we all have emotions and feelings, it's what makes us who we are and it's what drives us. Whether we share our feelings or not is a different story. We MUST trust you and be comfortable enough with you to express them with you.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It's like going to an F dom board and asking if they think or do they just not show it.
:laughing:

We feel, most of us powerfully so. What hurts us differs.

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes, I'd say that's true. Especially considering he comes from a very emotionally closed family on top of it. He had no idea how to even identify what he was feeling at times; that was so foreign to me.
Damn, I need to marry (or at least become good friends with) an ENFP... Might work better than with an ENFJ (she wouldn't insist in knowing what I'm feeling).

·
Banned
3,025 Posts

No, ENTJs are all sociopaths. :dry:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Man we must really come off as monsters to the "other types". As @Enfpleasantly said, we all have emotions and feelings, it's what makes us who we are and it's what drives us. Whether we share our feelings or not is a different story. We MUST trust you and be comfortable enough with you to express them with you.
Oh, its what drives you...K...tell me you love me...taps foot ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status