Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it part of inferior Si to mess up facts? Or is inferior Si messing up details?
Or do Entps expect facts?
Or do Entps expect facts in a discussion but also can be prone to not picking up on it themselves?
I heard an ENTP debate by asking if that was the facts once and I thought Introverted Thinking relied more on subjective logic.
Or is Te facts...?

Just asking because I don't really rely on facts and I mess up facts and details so maybe I've been ascewing the introverted thinking part of the cognitive functions? I rely mostly on whether or not what someone's saying can be reasoned with if I find something to argue for. Or is that extroverted thinking?

I'm confused..

Reactions: CasusBelli

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Is it part of inferior Si to mess up facts? Or is inferior Si messing up details?
Or do Entps expect facts?
Or do Entps expect facts in a discussion but also can be prone to not picking up on it themselves?
I heard an ENTP debate by asking if that was the facts once and I thought Introverted Thinking relied more on subjective logic.
Or is Te facts...?

Just asking because I don't really rely on facts and I mess up facts and details so maybe I've been ascewing the introverted thinking part of the cognitive functions? I rely mostly on whether or not what someone's saying can be reasoned with if I find something to argue for. Or is that extroverted thinking?

I'm confused..
ENTPs are never wrong, thus we never mess up facts.

...except when we do it intentionally. If an ENTP said something and it turned out to be false, it was entirely intentional. If it didn't appear at all intentional and that he/she was just being an idiot, I'm sorry but it was you who fell for his or her trolling ruse.

typos, contradictions, bad grammar ... all part of the act :p

Even when two entps disagree and argue .. there is actually no disagreement ... all entps share one telepathic mind... our debates and arguments are just performances meant to act as teaching tools for others.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ENTPs are never wrong, thus we never mess up facts.

...except when we do it intentionally. If an ENTP said something and it turned out to be false, it was entirely intentional. If it didn't appear at all intentional and that he/she was just being an idiot, I'm sorry but it was you who fell for his or her trolling ruse.

typos, contradictions, bad grammar ... all part of the act :p

Even when two entps disagree and argue .. there is actually no disagree ... all entps share one telepathic mind... our debates and arguments are just performances meant to act as teaching tools for others.
Wait is this sarcastic? I can't read internet sarcasm unless it's truly obvious

Reactions: CasusBelli and Buzz

·
Banned
4,281 Posts
Sure we mess up facts.

Thats our job and we take that job all serious like.

The best part is if we get caught messing a fact up
we back onto semantics or misinterpretation.
Or even better ....convince people the actual facts
are indeed false and start a new way of thinking.

Actual kinda answer: If we are really into something we will not
play guess work with facts. It becomes like a child to us and we
treat it fair and with the respect it deserves. Even if we find out we
are wrong on that topic we will adjust our train of thought accordingly.

I think with ENTP we are inherently skeptical of all facts, proven or not.
This is where confusion comes in for others trying to follow our train
of thought.

If ENTP One sees and feels the actual fact and express that fact to
ENTP Two, ENTP Two would prefer to see and feel that fact for themselves
rather than going on blind faith of the other.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Wait is this sarcastic? I can't read internet sarcasm unless it's truly obvious
well if you were entp you'd know whether it was because you'd be part of the entp collective telepathic mind :p

..jk actually i think i recall you having entp labeled as your type and it seemed like it fit ( tho i might be mistaken)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if you were entp you'd know whether it was because you'd be part of the entp collective telepathic mind :p

..jk actually i think i recall you having entp labeled as your type and it seemed like it fit ( tho i might be mistaken)
Can you type me on my thread?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Most facts are a product of the theory they support. If you observe the same phenomena through the lenses of different theories you may produce radically different facts about the phenomena you're observing. In truth, so-called facts are just as fragile and fallible as everything else. What was once considered hard scientific fact has been proven false in modern times, and ideas that were considered mad and eccentric appear to be closer to the truth than people initially thought.

"We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning."

- Werner Heisenberg

I think most xNTPs will strongly agree with this sentiment, and as a result they might be somewhat skeptical and distrustful of facts. Also, simply learning facts and reciting them is seriously boring. It's much more fun to brainstorm and come up with wild hypotheses. Because of this ENTPs might hypothesize and ramble about subjects they haven't researched "properly", but they don't do it out of laziness or arrogance, they do it because it's way more fun to do it that way.

My style of studying is very much like that. I take a blank piece of paper and write/draw/calculate on it and try to figure out how something works using my limited knowledge of the subject (Like gravity or genetics or whatever...) . After I'm done I compare it with what's in the actual books. I do it this way because just sitting down and simply reading it is way too boring for me and I would never enjoy doing something like that. It's not stimulating enough.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
@Chemical Teddy;34733730]

lol I'll have to remember that quote for the next time I say something absurdly dumb

Me: "Most facts are a product of the theory they support. If you observe the same phenomena through the lenses of different theories you may produce radically different facts about the phenomena you're observing. In truth, so-called facts are just as fragile and fallible as everything else. What was once considered hard scientific fact has been proven false in modern times, and ideas that were considered mad and eccentric appear to be closer to the truth than people initially thought.

"We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning."

- Werner Heisenberg"

Other guy: "You said Asia was a country."

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would type you as very cute, if your hair looks anything like the lil cartoon avatar you have :)
It does, just not in the head region of the body :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
@Chemical Teddy;34733730]

lol I'll have to remember that quote for the next time I say something absurdly dumb

Me: "Most facts are a product of the theory they support. If you observe the same phenomena through the lenses of different theories you may produce radically different facts about the phenomena you're observing. In truth, so-called facts are just as fragile and fallible as everything else. What was once considered hard scientific fact has been proven false in modern times, and ideas that were considered mad and eccentric appear to be closer to the truth than people initially thought.

- Werner Heisenberg"

Other guy: "You said Asia was a country."
What brings to mind the old Hindu tale of the blind men and the elephant; each of the theory's "testers" is revoked the ability to grasp the big picture, and while presented with different angles on the matter, reaches different conclusions that may be only partly right. From their narrow perspective, the blind men lack the grasp of an integrated assembly = A beast that has the qualities of a rope, a tree trunk, a cloth fabric etc...
Moreover, keeping in mind that people are subjected to what they know and values they were raised to believe, seeing people may just as well grasp the whole picture of the "elephant" differently, when presented to them.

Greenpeace Activist: "A Majestic beast indeed."
19th century Colonialist: "A trophy for my gallery."

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Not often, but only because I've learned to double-check most facts before offering them up. When double-checking isn't immediately possible and I'm not 100% certain of my own accuracy, I may end up mistaken, but always make sure to clarify that my memory could be failing me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts