• No, but I would like to.

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking today that idealist/dreamer facets of the NFs work hand in hand with volunteering. Volunteering is a good way to meet people and it's concrete way to make the world a better place.

Do you think this subgroup of personality type is more prone to volunteer for various causes and work in not for profit organizations?

Do you personally volunteer?

Do you know other NFs who do?

Have you been doing so for long?

Which cause do you care more about?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would love to be able to help animals, be it at a shelter or helping the victims of the oil spill(s). I don't really have the circumstances at the moment, but I do donate money to shelters sometimes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I do. The only alternative for me would be if I could actually make a living out of what I want to do anyway.

And yes, NFs are nicknamed "Idealists" so that doesn't seem very farfetched... :happy:

Reactions: LeafStew

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Yes i love volunteering. so far to this day i have 524 hours recorded. about 300 with Various fire departments around 100 hours from holiday events and around 120 working at my local youth services center. i encourage everyone to do some kind of volunteer work!. It looks good on your college application ect. Trust me some volunteer work will be boring but most of the time its fun and interactive excellent for NFs. But most of all it gives me the feeling of accomplishment.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I volunteer at Girl's, Inc. Every NF I know of is involved in something having to do with improving the community in some way.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I was part of a youth volunteer group during high school
I ended up feeling like I was wasting my time, that I was wandering aimlessly, and I also didn't think much of the leaders
I worked at a church too and the experience was the same. This spanned over three years.

I think it would be better if I organized it myself, and if the group members were my friends or friends of friends
Then I know we all aim for the same thing and the passion is there. The bond is stronger and it's also nice if the group is small. There is more control, more focus on efficiency. My experiences with volunteering is that the leadership is lacking
The cause that I am after is better teachers in creative departments. My feelings about schooling have intensified after going through several terrible colleges (<_<) I am interested in enforcing empathy, taking better care of students and what they learn and want to learn, individualizing assignments... making school be more about the student and personal development than what the teacher 'has to' teach.

I don't know any NFs XD
So far I am alone in this

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Not voluntarily. (lol, sorry)

I've done it to boost my resume for college, as a last resort when I was trying to get first-time work exp as a teen, etc.

But now that I have real work experience, I volunteer for the Myself Charity - that is, I work and get paid so I can benefit from the funds. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I use to volunteer like a mad woman. It got out of hand and I had to take a break after cutting back didn't work. I would like to volunteer again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts