Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I don't mean talk shows or cooking shows. I mean like VH1/MTV/E! reality shows. I don't think there is anything I hate more about the world than these types of shows. Being an INFP I am very much about my values and moral standards and get very upset when they are crossed. Jersey Shore?? COME ON! Even if you're one of those people who claims "I only watch them cuz they're funny and the people are so stupid!" Is that what you want? More stupid people in the public eye for our impressionable society to idolize? Because by being a fan of these shows like Bad Girls Club, Tool Academy etc you are only fueling the fire of stupidity that is burning down the new generation. Most of us INFP's hate large parties and the way society reacts to our personality, and it is my belief that these shows have a lot to do with what frustrates us so badly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I think they're entertaining
except I really do love The real world always have.

It's funny to see human behavior even if most/all of it is edited
to be enertaining.

I can NOT watch jersey shore though.
I see where you're coming from. What I feel like though is that these shows bring out the worst in people, which in turn is entertaining to those who aren't permitted to act that way in their every day lives. I would personally prefer to see human behavior at it's strongest, not at its weakest. We're all weak, but i feel like the less we are reminded of that and the less we let are emotions run our lives, the less dominant it will be amongst society. I just get this sick feeling in my stomach when I see people acting out irrationally with each other. It's not how I like people to be when they are around me, so why bring it upon myself by watching it on TV.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
There's no way that box is more entertaining than real life.

At this rate, I'LL have my own reality show. It's just such a watered-down genre in general. Everything is a cheap copy of a cheap copy of a cheap copy.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
They have been done to death! Enough already. I hate survivor. I don't much like amazing race either, or the biggest loser. The only show that I did look at for a while was the trading spouses one. But I don't watch that now. I like to fill my head with fiction I guess, I have enough reality in my own life.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't like the MTV/VH1/E! ones because they're so trashy. My initial reason to watch reality television was genuine curiosity in what would unfold, what people would do in x situation.

·
Registered
301 Posts
And I don't mean talk shows or cooking shows. I mean like VH1/MTV/E! reality shows. I don't think there is anything I hate more about the world than these types of shows. Being an INFP I am very much about my values and moral standards and get very upset when they are crossed. Jersey Shore?? COME ON! Even if you're one of those people who claims "I only watch them cuz they're funny and the people are so stupid!" Is that what you want? More stupid people in the public eye for our impressionable society to idolize? Because by being a fan of these shows like Bad Girls Club, Tool Academy etc you are only fueling the fire of stupidity that is burning down the new generation. Most of us INFP's hate large parties and the way society reacts to our personality, and it is my belief that these shows have a lot to do with what frustrates us so badly.

Umm, I feel the exact same way. I usually don't use the word hate, but I HATE reality tv with a passion. I would go so far as to say I feel sick when I watch one for even a few minutes. I used to be able to watch them and make fun of them. But now when I see them, I look at it as a waste of life and something I abhor so very much. It's just so gross and depressing to see the human race acting this way. Whether it's for a profit or if that's just how they are, either way just disgusts me to no end.

That being said. Will you marry me? :tongue: No one else I've met hates reality tv as much as i do. Haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm, I feel the exact same way. I usually don't use the word hate, but I HATE reality tv with a passion. I would go so far as to say I feel sick when I watch one for even a few minutes. I used to be able to watch them and make fun of them. But now when I see them, I look at it as a waste of life and something I abhor so very much. It's just so gross and depressing to see the human race acting this way. Whether it's for a profit or if that's just how they are, either way just disgusts me to no end.

That being said. Will you marry me? :tongue: No one else I've met hates reality tv as much as i do. Haha
I feel the same way about the word hate, not a normal part of my vocabulary but I just DESPISE reality tv haha Ill let you know if I don't meet anyone in my area that shares this hatred as much as I do, then sure lets get married lol great voice btw!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I don;'t watch MTV or any of that stuff i couldn't care less about the real lives of fake people

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again , reality shows are the fastest spreading audio visual disease to ever infect television.... But free will prevails ... don't watch em ... astounding how many would prefer some adlib, bogus manufactured distraction over facing reality though . . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't like reality TV... at all. Mostly because it's not reality, it's cheap actors in contrived situations trying to get into the spotlight with crafty editing and music swells.

I'd rather watch 1000 Amateur youtube clips before watch a second of reality tv.

What I do like though is that it seems to be a great source of creativity for scripted tv though. I don't think shows like Arrested Development, The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm... with their more natural filming style and dry quasi realistic approach would exist if not for reality tv.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I find most reality shows boring or just annoying. They like to try to make anything dramatic and it just doesn't interest me. I do like a few like a show called Solitary and some other one, but I mostly ignore them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I couldn't fucking agree more! I hate those shows sooo much. Just the thought of it angers me. Those are all the shows my sister will watch. I can't believe teens these days look up to the douchebags and the stupid girls on those shows.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It depends on the show... I should never watch things like the bachelor or jersey shore or something like that. I am not found of American reality show.

Korean variety show on the other hand or most of the time love for me. If they are not too scripted or fake.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If I ever felt the need to turn on a TV to watch something non-real (documentary, nature, sport...) I'd shoot myself. And I love my life more today than ever before!

TV is indeed a problem and between "reality shows" and soaps public opinion can be swayed however they want, and stupidity is good for keeping the lazy rich bastards in charge at the top, without competition.

If I want to fill my mind with "useless" stuff I'll read a book - at least it keeps my brain active while picturing what's described :happy:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I don't watch VH1, MTV, or E!. Though, I've seen parts of the Bad Girls Club on Tyra and I don't like that show at all. It seems brazen to name a show the Bad Girls Club in general. However, isn't MTV a music television station? Do they show reality tv shows on MTV? I don't watch most reality tv shows, but I watch Project Runway, 17, 18, or 19 Kids and Counting and Undercover Boss. By the way, is What Would You Do? reality tv?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I absolutely DESPISE the E!/MTV/VH1 reality shows. I would rather watch wrestling or the O'Reilly Factor, and that is saying a lot! I rarely turn those channels on, so I only have exposure to them when my sister is home. Jersey Shore, Rehab RX, Kardashians, those playboy girls, etc. make me feel embarrassed to be a human being. The MTV reality shows make me ashamed of my generation. Not only are they trashy and mindless, but most of those shows are F.A.K.E! I find it fascinating that some people don't recognize how many of the situations and conflicts are scripted to enhance drama. MTV shows have to be the worst with this, since they give scripts to dumb kids who can't act.

My idea of a decent reality TV show would be American Pickers or Deadliest Catch or one of those cooking shows, but those are in a different category because they follow people who have fascinating jobs or unusual talents instead of people who have rich parents, fake tits & tans, drinking problems, and a desperate need for attention. Their twisted ambitions and lack of moral compasses is pathetic to me, so spending hours watching their lives is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Most of us INFP's hate large parties and the way society reacts to our personality, and it is my belief that these shows have a lot to do with what frustrates us so badly.

The number one reason why I tend to avoid such programs. I don't even have cable TV so I forget about the existence of such things. I don't need to be reminded on how shallow society is, particularly the younger generation of people.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts