Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had this thing about having to repeat what I've just said. I HATE it! I will do it, of course, but with gritted teeth. I don't know why it's such a big deal, but it is.
Recently, I heard another ISFJ say he hates it too. So, is this an ISFJ thing? Does it bother you?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I hate it too! I also hate hearing people repeat themselves or repeat stories. I'll always try to interrupt them to STOP THE INSANITY! lol

·
Banned
281 Posts
I have always had this thing about having to repeat what I've just said. I HATE it! I will do it, of course, but with gritted teeth. I don't know why it's such a big deal, but it is.
Recently, I heard another ISFJ say he hates it too. So, is this an ISFJ thing? Does it bother you?
WE ALL HAVE FREEDOM, "OH LOOK HE USE CAPS LOCK" MY REPLY WOULD BE "OH SHUT THE F UP, IF YOU WANT USE IT TOO" SEE? IN THE EXAMPLE I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHERS BECAUSE ITS MY FREEDOM. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING THEN DON'T. MOCKING IT EVERYWHERE WON'T CURE YOUR ANGER.

Plain and Simple my friend IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, THEN DON'T.

·
Registered
997 Posts
WE ALL HAVE FREEDOM, "OH LOOK HE USE CAPS LOCK" MY REPLY WOULD BE "OH SHUT THE F UP, IF YOU WANT USE IT TOO" SEE? IN THE EXAMPLE I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHERS BECAUSE ITS MY FREEDOM. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING THEN DON'T. MOCKING IT EVERYWHERE WON'T CURE YOUR ANGER.

I take it you don't have kids yet.

·
Banned
281 Posts
I take it you don't have kids yet.
Regardless of not having kids because my dear friend i'm only eighteen, Yet my parents and guardian raise me well. In point that their voices and decisions are well saluted and followed. Don't use your parenthood as an justification because if you raise your children well they'll follow orders and respect your decisions.

Parenthood as justification.. XD

·
Registered
142 Posts

Okay.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Not all people are as militant, motivated by the direction of another and steadfast. If they were, this society would consist of robots who cannot think for themselves. People repeat themselves because a) the other person was not paying attention/listening or b) the other person is negotiating the command.

Parenting is an example, not a justification. I wish you to never have an ENFP child who displays ADHD behavior or an ISTJ child like yourself who wishes to rule the roost. If it were a justification, then it would also be justifiable to beat children into submission.

Just a thought: calling a group of strangers "my friends" when stating an adversarial opinion is a tactic to belittle them in a passive aggressive way. My piece of advice is to not do it at all, it doesn't lessen the severity of the cut, it throws salt in it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just randomly came on this thread because my mom's an isfj and wanted to see if there were things that reminded me of her. Immediately saw this and started laughing. She CANNOT repeat herself more than twice without flying into a rage, its ridiculous/hilarious. I don't get it :laughing:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm sorry...what did you say again?

Haha kidding. I tend to be absent-minded and require my ISFJ partner to repeat things often. It makes him ballistic. I've learned to listen to every 4th or 5th word or so then make some mental acrobatics to decipher what he just said. Works 80-90% of the time. It's GREATLY improved my Ni, on the bright side.

·
Registered
368 Posts
This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I also can't stand when people are telling a story and repeat themselves multiple times. I'm like "Thanks, I have great memory. I remember what you said the first time you said it, only 5 minutes ago".

·
Banned
227 Posts
I don't like to repeat myself either. I usually try to find a different way to express the same information the second time, thinking that my language wasn't precise enough to be completely understood the first time. After that, I just ask, "What didn't you understand the first time and/or second time?" I prefer texting or email- so they can reread, not be retold.

Hearing the same story repeated… ugh!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I do not like to repeat myself. If it is not important and someone doesn't hear I usually say "don't worry", My ex boyfriend absolutely hated that though.

if it is important I will but in a different way just in case it was my communication failing rather than the other not listening.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts