Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
It’s more effortless for me to connect with other fi users - I enjoy conversing with the type . I feel like fi users understands who I am and when stressed /down I’m more comforted by fi users

All in general I connect and prefer Fi users

if entp count as Fe then I guess it’s the only fe type that gets me but it could be due to the fact that the entps in my life are ( my father , son , and my bff of nearly 25 years )

with all that said - I enjoy the Fe users in my life just it’s a hit or miss on the connection, we either connect deeply or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Llyralen and X10E8
The Se of xNFJs sometimes manifests as wanting more out of their physical environment / their need for external stimuli can be a bit exhausting for me to keep up with even though it’s in the 3rd or 4th position. For example my INFJ friend sometimes asks me to describe an experience all the way down to the details but I’m not always able to describe it accurately / just don’t feel like it and thus leads to misunderstandings. However it’s more bearable than the dominant / auxiliary Se of xSFPs where they live and breathe the physical world.

I must also disagree with many descriptions of Fi as a non-interventionist, “do whatever you feel like” function. While I rarely call someone out for acting in a way that goes against what I feel is right, deep down I always know when what they do doesn’t match with what I feel is right and will adjust my treatment towards them subtly. If backed into a corner I will let them know what exactly they did that’s not palatable to me. Even then I’m rarely rude about it but I will get my point across.

Not saying Fe can’t have strongly held personal beliefs (xNFJs very much can and do) but I associate “I don’t agree with what you said / do but I will defend your right to say it / do it” more with Fe than Fi, because it’s an inclination towards a more objective / universal belief without always needing it to align exactly with your own beliefs and preferences, more like a broad governing code for societal relations.

ISFJ / ESFJ’s Fe is the least bearable for me. The combination of Si and Fe can be a surprisingly potent one in the sense that they expect you to conform to commonly accepted standards of thinking and behavior and will definitely keep score if you don’t. The best way to convince them to adopt a new idea and utilize their Ne is when other people around them are doing it / if it becomes socially acceptable. They need to be led when it comes to their intuition, either by a person but more likely by shifting social trends as a whole.
However that can be a double edged sword as well. When their Ne finally works together with their Si and Fe but that set of new ideas is widely accepted but not necessarily good to have, it can lead to mistaken / misguided obedience.

Fi: I am the only right one and will stick to it at all costs, everyone else is blind.

Fe: If more people are doing it, it must be right and shouldn’t be challenged or else I’ll be the only one who hasn’t seen the light.

These are the extreme versions.

The Se of xNFJs sometimes manifests as wanting more out of their physical environment / their need for external stimuli can be a bit exhausting for me to keep up with even though it’s in the 3rd or 4th position. For example my INFJ friend sometimes asks me to describe an experience all the way down to the details but I’m not always able to describe it accurately / just don’t feel like it and thus leads to misunderstandings. However it’s more bearable than the dominant / auxiliary Se of xSFPs where they live and breathe the physical world.

I must also disagree with many descriptions of Fi as a non-interventionist, “do whatever you feel like” function. While I rarely call someone out for acting in a way that goes against what I feel is right, deep down I always know when what they do doesn’t match with what I feel is right and will adjust my treatment towards them subtly. If backed into a corner I will let them know what exactly they did that’s not palatable to me. Even then I’m rarely rude about it but I will get my point across.

Not saying Fe can’t have strongly held personal beliefs (xNFJs very much can and do) but I associate “I don’t agree with what you said / do but I will defend your right to say it / do it” more with Fe than Fi, because it’s an inclination towards a more objective / universal belief without always needing it to align exactly with your own beliefs and preferences, more like a broad governing code for societal relations.
I have seen a few people who feel like you, but it seems to be the minority of Fi users. I think what you’re talking about or maybe have a higher bar for is “crossing that Fi”. Maybe more things people do seriously cross with your Fi.

I think for many people someone else crossing an Fi line balances with ideals of personal freedom, agency, and the idea of someone following their own conscience and beat to their own drummer. But... it could be just all how we decide to frame how we process our Fi. I mean, I definitely don’t trust everyone.. but do I feel like telling them what to do? Not usually.. because in my mind THAT would be an infringement or invasion of their rights. I said usually, but what if they are hurting someone else or themselves? If there is a victim then it means there has been a bigger invasion. I might feel the need to intervene to follow my conscience to protect someone’s freedom/rights. So some of this might be framing, some of it might be how seriously you see your beliefs as imperially correct rather than just rules for you yourself due to personal freedom. I would think even with taking personal beliefs/ideals to a place where you think they should apply to others then it would really depend on which beliefs we are talking about and the degree to which that behavior affects others. I would think. What do you think?

Can Fi be vigilant and/or preacher? I do see this, usually in people who are so darn sure of themselves in just a few particular ways, usually. I usually think more information-gathering is the key. But that’s my conclusion/observation. What about you?

Reactions: X10E8
To clarify, I generally don’t directly tell people what to do and I try be as accommodating as possible with regards to the way they do things as long as 1. It doesn’t infringe on what I feel is right and wrong and 2. It doesn’t directly affect me or then negatively. When it comes to #2, even then I have a hard time just getting up and telling them what to do even if I know what they should probably do.

I normally don’t come off as preachy / vigilant, instead I’m more likely to state in a casual way what I feel is right, but with the intent of being taken seriously and maybe deep down I do hope the other person feels the same way as I do. You can definitely see me light up when they indeed feel the same way as I do.

With regards to other people’s personal beliefs, it depends on how much I share in common with them overall. If we have mostly the same broad ideas and hopes and just disagree on some stuff here and there, I generally respect their right to what they believe. However, if I find them to be a generally disagreeable person where we don’t share much in common and maybe only a few things here and there in common, I still can’t help but start to doubt their character even though I will rarely let them know unless really pushed. I don’t try to “change” them but I will disassociate myself from them I realize who they are.

Generally the closer someone is to me, the higher I hold the bar when it comes to sharing my Fi ideals and beliefs, and thus greater the disappointment when it doesn’t work out. Over the years I’ve become a lot more cautious when it comes to trusting people, but so far I’m glad to say the few people I have deeper connections with generally share the same ideas and values as I do, with differences here and there of course but the big picture fits well and we generally understand each other. I really like someone who’s curious about the world, liberal and free-spirited but not “progressive” in every way.

So yeah to sum it up I rarely get preachy unless I really feel like I have to, whether asserting my own choices or when I’m flat out annoyed / worried / frustrated at the totally avoidable consequences that came out of someone else’s bad decision making, but whether it’s the good or bad I internalize it somehow and use it for my own reference. That’s where the Si comes in.

I guess a better way for what my Fi feels like is: “Do whatever you feel like, but if I don’t like it I’ll actively avoid it and please don’t bring it up in front of me. And if I was in a position of power I wouldn’t hurt you directly but I wouldn’t favor you and your lifestyle / ideas.”

Maybe this is inferior Te at work but in practice while there are times where I do wish to see things more “logically” or maybe give some more logical advice to someone but I always end up with this clash of heart and head because deep down I’m asking myself whether I’m going too far / how much sense I really have. So I’m actually a lot more hesitant than I appear when telling someone what I feel they should do because I don’t want to sound as if I’m telling them who to become. However, if they clearly violate something I feel is morally wrong then it becomes a different story. I will refuse to acknowledge them anymore.

Maybe this is inferior Te at work but in practice while there are times where I do wish to see things more “logically” or maybe give some more logical advice to someone but I always end up with this clash of heart and head because deep down I’m asking myself whether I’m going too far / how much sense I really have. So I’m actually a lot more hesitant than I appear when telling someone what I feel they should do because I don’t want to sound as if I’m telling them who to become. However, if they clearly violate something I feel is morally wrong then it becomes a different story. I will refuse to acknowledge them anymore.
Sounds like classic Fi to me. Normal, imo. It’s always like that. Do I tell them and invade their right to act how they do? Do I keep quiet and allow people to cross my values? It’s why we are so particular about friendships.

Fe users really get shit done and take care of business. Fi people are inspirational. They are "our voice", they embody our needs and yearnings. I see a lot of Fe users at the top of my organization.

Interesting, now when I look back, I can conclude I like Fi-people WAY much more than Fe-users, probably since I just use Fi myself, I guess that it is because different birds actually do flock together, if being Sx like me.

I see people who use Fe as being too much pleasing and too easily being doormats (DISCLAIMER this is not mean to be any insult, I objective know you are awesome to "tie the room together" so speaking...)

Reason that I do not like dom/aux Fe-users is due to Fe is my own PoRL and I will probably never understand it... Please, do not cuddle me, those hugs are my kryptonite, OMG, leave me be runs like hell >w>

I prefer to interact with Fi. The non-impossible kind. The authentic Fi, but not the unrealistic Fi. Some have it, some don't. I already have Fe. Don't need another one. It's hit and miss with Fi so you could get a gem or you could get a turd.

I’m not sure, they’re both fine, however I really, genuinely don’t understand Fi doms, and even tho I have many acquaintances, we never connected on a deeper level. Neither have I connected deeply with an Fe dom…
HOWEVER, I prefer dealing with Fi users most of the time, to be specific, INTJs and ENTJs, and occasionally ESFPs

High Fi puts itself into other people’s shoes. At multiple points you realize someone else is reacting in a way different from the way you would in that situation and this is actually the point of inspiration or wisdom that you can give to the other person. But I think because high Fi users have so much experience with this even from early ages, it’s not really the problem it is for lower Fi users. I feel Fi users talents in this area are undervalued on PerC but not in real life. I think in real life most people are grateful (depending on the individual people) for the compassion/wisdom of developed Fi.
Could you explain more about this phenomenon (putting yourself into other people's shoes) and what it actually means in practise and bring some examples? I have mixed thoughts about it although I've seen something like that used by some people - or maybe I'm wrong and it's some other feature.

Recently had an experience with chatting one girl who might be Fi dom in mbti context and what I saw was that she "labeled" / sticked or projected her own personality, emotional state and interpretation of the topic at hands, to me without realizing those are actually her own traits and interpretation not mine. Like mirroring or projection of her own interpretation to other person like it was other person's interpretation. Not sure if it's the same thing you described above though.

I'm a bit confused about that, isn't it rather prejudice or what, as we can't really see what's inside anyone else's mind, thus how we can put ourselves in their shoes and experience exactly what they do? :) Sounds more like projection to me, plus assumption that things play out in other person's mind same way as they do inside our own. Or even a superpower! I can easily put myself mentally into any situation and imagine how it would play out but it'd be still through my lens, which may or may not apply to other persons. It's judging from our own viewpoint, not how it might exactly play out for anyone else in same situation.

For example, if I put myself into Fi person shoes, I'd still see the situation through lens of my own personality. And vice versa - if Fi person did the same, they'd still see the situation through Fi lens not mine. But possible I'm misunderstanding something about the concept you explained or I'm explaining some different phenomenon by myself - further explanation about the topic is very welcome :)

Fi, but inferior Fe is also nice. Edit: Actually inferior Fi and inferior Fe are the best. 😸 Inferior Fe seems that doesn't follow your feelings, while in reality absorbs everything (seems cold and distant but the opposite), and inferior Fi "needs" your Fe for themselves, because they are a bit out of touch with it.

:) I would love to hear more about your preference towards inferior (or maybe tertiary) Fi users, because as a dominant Fi user I can struggle with Tertiary / Inferior Fi even more so than unbalanced Fe.
If you mean me, I was having in mind 1 INTP and 2 ISTP colleagues, who mostly do their own thing, no awkward F-F interactions, and then they surprise me with some notion of thoughtfulness, like they absorb everything about me and know me very well. So inferior Fe is actually very aware of the surrounding feelings, just on a different time-scale, which I find very nice and thoughtful in the long run (which is what you usually want out of a friendship).

Inferior Fi is my preference with partners, because I like not knowing "what is going on" and practice my Fe.

Dominant Fi-s sometimes get awkward with my tertiary Fe. Is this what you had in mind?

I prefer Fi-users because it feels more exclusive ''winning over'' anything heartfelt or personal from them, as opposed to the chameleon-Fe-user who might as well be just as affectionate with your neighbours generic pool boy and local beggar at the store as with you within the span of 5 minutes. So confusing.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Font Electric blue Parallel

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.