Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 3 21.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definition - Temper: a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger.

As an ENFJ, do you feel that you have a temper, and do you have a short or long fuse on that temper, if you do... Please explain your answer, whatever it is.

With the propensity for us ENFJ's, I suspect most of us do (myself included) but I dunno, so here we go...

Me? I can get pretty angry (think human torch) but it takes a lot for me to get there usually, unless I'm having a particularly bad day.

·
Registered
223 Posts

As an ENFJ, do you feel that you have a temper, and do you have a short or long fuse on that temper, if you do... Please explain your answer, whatever it is.

With the propensity for us ENFJ's, I suspect most of us do (myself included) but I dunno, so here we go...

Me? I can get pretty angry (think human torch) but it takes a lot for me to get there usually, unless I'm having a particularly bad day.
I typically don't show my temper to others and if I'm having a bad day, I tend to withdraw and appear very quiet around coworkers. When I was a teenager, I had a very short fuse but that was due to my age, immaturity and inability to keep my cool. As I've gotten older, I'm still passionate about things I may or may not agree with; some may think that I'm angry when something really stirs my emotions however I'm not angry but I do express myself with intensity. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone who reads this, but it does to me. One friend told me that everything I do, I do it with "gusto", so I guess that sums it up in a nutshell. Both me and my husband are intense but we know how to calm each other down when our feathers get ruffled. It's fun having an ENFJ hubby around since we understand our language even when we're not making any sense...if that makes sense. :wink: :happy:

Reactions: Jojo

·
Registered
421 Posts
Damn it, I voted 'No, not really' when I realized, of course I get angry sometimes, though it takes a lot before I really do.

The only things that really get to me are malicious acts. I've always chosen my friends very carefully and so for that reason such things rarely happen.

I do however get depressed quite a bunch. Humanity constantly disappoints me, though it is understandable, therefor not something I can get angry about. Though I always get over it, no matter how troubling something gets.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well, i wouldn't say that i really have a temper - i can get annoyed sometimes, but it's very difficult to make me angry, and if i do get angry, i don't really know how to show it (if that makes sense) - i mean, i sometimes even feel jealous of my friends who can just start rambling about how they hate this or that, to the point where they even scream or punch furniture - it scares me if they do it, but at least it seams like an acceptable way for them to do it, whereas when i am angry, i don't really know what to do (maybe it's because i get angry rarely, or maybe because i'm trying to find my "acceptable" way of being angry, which, i guess, is difficult, since showing anger implies manifesting strong negative emotion towards something, and that's mostly inappropriate in my book, hah, since that can make others uncomfortable), so i try to get rid of it through something physical, like going for a run or cleaning my place, scrubbing the floors violently, though usually the anger quickly turns into sadness and guilt (cause i can always find a million reasons afterwards why i shouldn't have been angry). it seems like the only person with which i can be angry (a lot and easily!) is me. ^^

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I voted other because generally my temper is a slow boil then...... BAM...... On fire. However, short temper HULK SMASH mode can happen if I see someone picking on handicapped person or a woman being abused that's my exception. I don't feel comfortable around cheating on any level either but my temper in that instance is way calmer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
(lights a cigarette, puff)...You know it's funny that this particular topic surfaced today because I had an incident happen at work today that really pisses me off and it's been a continuing problem for almost two years that I've been at my job. I had my lunch stolen from me today from the fridge and it's not the first time, in fact, this is the fourth time that's it's happened and needless to say, I was pretty hot about it. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one that has had their food or property, i.e., money, stolen from them and it's been brought to the attention of our supervisors that someone has been stealing. What truly annoys me is that I feel that our supervisors have taken a "wishy-washy" stance about it and although they may send an e-mail throughout the office, it hasn't done anything to stop this person or people involved. Naturally, that would piss off just about anyone, ENFJ or otherwise, but I can sense that my supervisors may think I'm being "hard assed" about it, but c'mon! When patterns of behavior begin to immerge over a period of time and they're consistent, what else am I left to say?! Ohh, umm, gee, it was an accident?!! UGH!!

Naturally, I talked to my supervisor and explained to her that although it may have "only" been food that was stolen from me, it's the principle that someone stole; someone took something that did not belong to them and regardless if it was food or money, the very act that was committed is the same and should be handled appropriately. Of course, she tries to explain that there isn't much they can do, blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum. But damn it, people!!! I don't steal from others and although I don't think someone should be fired outright, a reprimand or warning should be addressed and not some bullshit, candy assed request to "please be mindful of other's property and put your name on it, etc" WTF good does that accomplish?!! It's been going on for two years, it's not accidental as to what my supervisor tries to imply, someone is stealing food and lately, it's progressed to stealing other people's money!!! The only thing I could do was file an "Incident Report" with our security guards but they told me they've had numerous complaints from our section for the same thing: theft.

So, if there is something (among other things) that pisses me off is a "wishy washy" attitude or condescending remarks or just simply that "hands in the air" mannerism that seems to be pervasive in society. Mind you, I try very hard to be diplomatic and understanding, I don't believe in accusing someone who may be innocent, but damn it to hell, take a friggin stand and make an executive decision!!! There is a continous problem in the office that hasn't stopped so do something about it!!! Ok, I'm off to bed, just had to throw that one out there, grumble, grumble, people suck, grumble, grumble, I hope whoever ate my food gets diarrhea, grumble, grumble...:angry:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
When I'm angry or stressed, I try to withdraw from people, and I don't want to talk to anyone. If people come to tease me, I get annoyed pretty quickly and can get aggressive too. I don't punch people but I can ocassionally hit someone or yell at them. Work stress is the biggest factor of my temper.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I can get extremely angry when I feel that people don't trust me or doubt my ability. Usually I don't exhibit my anger to them, but show anger in my own way, e.g., not talking with them. I will be fine soon once I realize I may overreact.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't have a bad temper or a particularly short temper- but- as others have mentioned- when I do get legitimately mad, I get MAD. I very rarely rant onto the person I am mad at. I usually do a rant to my husband or mum or something about whatever it is that has tipped me off... Usually it's almost a comdeic monologue- laced with profanity and dark humour... Then, once it's over- I feel guilty for venting it and venting it in that manner and making the other person listen to it... but often they are laughing (except my mum- she is tut-tutting). :happy:
My good friends find it extremely funny when I get mad- because it is such a juxtaposition with my usual demeanour that they can't take it seriously- and they usually end up laughing at me- which just makes me angrier and eventually causes me to laugh at myself.
I also cannot ever stay angry and I cannot hold a grudge. :laughing:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can get extremely angry when I feel that people don't trust me or doubt my ability. Usually I don't exhibit my anger to them, but show anger in my own way, e.g., not talking with them. I will be fine soon once I realize I may overreact.
I know what you mean with this. People often underestimate me because I am friendly and silly. When someone (usually an aggressive male or a bitchy female) treats me like I am stupid or treats me like my opinion doesn't matter, I will get extremely pissed (going off on a rant to my husband or close friends about how 'just because I am nice, doesn't mean I am a pushover, doesn't mean I am stupid. I am WAY smarter than them, I'll show them, freakin' dumbass...' which is completely ridiculous- but only happens when I am under extreme stress and have completely snapped) but to their face what will come out is iciness and cold hard factual logic- I find that's the only way I can control my emotion in that situation and not lose it (ie- yell or cry).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I hope whoever ate my food gets diarrhea, grumble, grumble...
Tomorrow, make two lunch boxes. Put laxative in one of them and place it at an alluring position in the fridge. Hide away the other one. Mr burglar will have a wonderful surprise next time he's in the mood for free lunch...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't have a bad temper or a particularly short temper- but- as others have mentioned- when I do get legitimately mad, I get MAD. I very rarely rant onto the person I am mad at. I usually do a rant to my husband or mum or something about whatever it is that has tipped me off... Usually it's almost a comdeic monologue- laced with profanity and dark humour... Then, once it's over- I feel guilty for venting it and venting it in that manner and making the other person listen to it... but often they are laughing (except my mum- she is tut-tutting). :happy:
My good friends find it extremely funny when I get mad- because it is such a juxtaposition with my usual demeanour that they can't take it seriously- and they usually end up laughing at me- which just makes me angrier and eventually causes me to laugh at myself.
I also cannot ever stay angry and I cannot hold a grudge. :laughing:
Wow, that sounds like me, too. Even my super angry rants seem to be laced with a ton of colorful metaphors, profanity and dark, twisted humor that is kinda funny when I sit and really think about it. My husband tends to hear a lot of my rants but since we're both ENFJ's, he knows where I'm coming from since he does the same thing, too. My friends find it amusing as well even though they understand that I am genuinely pissed off. I guess it's a little hard to take someone seriously when you look like a hobbit ready to explode!! (yes, I'm short with naturally curly hair and big feet, haha) :laughing:

Reactions: smiley

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tomorrow, make two lunch boxes. Put laxative in one of them and place it at an alluring position in the fridge. Hide away the other one. Mr burglar will have a wonderful surprise next time he's in the mood for free lunch...
Hmm, you mean kinda like this?:laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know what you mean with this. People often underestimate me because I am friendly and silly. When someone (usually an aggressive male or a bitchy female) treats me like I am stupid or treats me like my opinion doesn't matter, I will get extremely pissed (going off on a rant to my husband or close friends about how 'just because I am nice, doesn't mean I am a pushover, doesn't mean I am stupid. I am WAY smarter than them, I'll show them, freakin' dumbass...' which is completely ridiculous- but only happens when I am under extreme stress and have completely snapped) but to their face what will come out is iciness and cold hard factual logic- I find that's the only way I can control my emotion in that situation and not lose it (ie- yell or cry).
Totally agree with you~~:wink: My friends say that, I am very nice to people I like but very cold to people I don't, no matter who they are. This brings me some troubles.

Sometimes I hope i can behave like a high EQ person who will NOT show her love or hate on her face. But I can't...:frustrating: It seems that people can read my feeling from my face.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts