Personality Cafe banner

Do you have a type you have been able to deduce you attract more than other types?

1807 56
I will say knowledge on typing has let me know that apparently the type I attract the most of, in the wild or IRL is ENFJ. Strange phenomenon I am still trying to understand this.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
INXPs, maybe EXTJs (or this is me initiating), ENFP, ENFJ, ISTP, INTJ

enneagrams 7, 3, maybe 8 (I like 5, 2, 8)

most rare: ISFP (male)
Reactions: shameless
I attract intelligent but mentally ill, creative and sexually provocative but always bipolar, malicious intent but for some reason has spared me and me alone.
I will say knowledge on typing has let me know that apparently the type I attract the most of, in the wild or IRL is ENFJ. Strange phenomenon I am still trying to understand this.
Your words are art, dexter.
I attract intelligent but mentally ill, creative and sexually provocative but always bipolar, malicious intent but for some reason has spared me and me alone.
She sounds hot.
ENFP and ENTPs. I still remember the day an ENxP came up to me and said "hey you look like you don't have any friends, so I'll be your friend". Thanks buddy!

But seriously, on 3 occasions I've had a close friendship with ENFPs which has ended up in them confessing they like me and me being utterly confused and bang there goes our year long friendship down the drain. I was sidelined each time. They each treated me like "one of the guys" and would tell me their crushes so I thought they weren't into me. Also in hindsight when they would tease me or try test a reaction, because I would take a few minutes to try figure out what was going on, they would quickly say they were just joking and backtrack. Then expect me to realize they liked me the whole time. Confusing. ENTPs are sort of similar in that they never directly tell me they like me but think they've been obvious about it the whole time. One of them got mad at me because he said I should have realized he liked me when he said I was the only woman he'd hug. I don't like to assume people are attracted to me when they're being friendly lol.

Other than that, also INTPs but I also find out like 3 years later because we're both passive as hell and neither of us actually directly asks if we like each other unless we're drunk or already over it 🙃
Not for intimate relationships, but as friends ... INFPs.

I was somewhat friendly with an INFP woman. But I always felt I was walking on eggshells with her. My brother told me, "[INFP] says you're one of her favorite people." I responded, "That's interesting, because I didn't think she liked me at all."

After that, she often suggested that we live together or travel together. It wouldn't have worked, because she's vegan and I'm carnivore.

I lived on the same property as an INFP man. We used to chat in the kitchen sometimes. I felt that we really connected on some level. But I kind of stayed out of his way because I didn't want to bother him. Toward the end of our stay, we did talk about traveling or living together (as friends), but it was not to be.

After we both moved away (to opposite sides of the continent), he sent me a text that included the words, "I like you so much." That's pretty rare.

Funny how both people liked me that much, but somehow I didn't pick up on it at the time.

Romantically, I don't think there's any pattern to what type I attract. I think it's more a matter of timing or convenience, I just end up with whoever.

My sister is ESFJ. She once observed that all of her boyfriends fit a certain description: owned a pickup truck, went fishing, etc. Probably xSTPs. I did meet some of them, and they were similar.
I guess you would find my autobiography appealing.
Your words are art, dexter.
Reactions: maximum danger
Yes, all my exes are what society would consider hot. Oddly they picked me vs everyone falling over themselves because of thier hotness. I guess sometimes manners count the most. I also dated what was the real world equivalent of Harley Quinn. That one ended horribly.
She sounds hot.
I do quite like tragicomedies.
I guess you would find my autobiography appealing.
You guys have me :LOL: I may bookmark this thread for the humor.
ISFJs
ISTPs
ISTJs

... and not romantically, but my INFJ boss loved me.
I think you are maybe misreading this part (ordinary person). In general I experienced this as a very good sign in a male interaction. Superior/inferior is not a good sign.
There's the occasional NP but what they want from me just. Acceptance from an ordinary person who can tolerate wonkiness.
I'm not sure, as that is what some of them will actually say or it is implied.
I think you are maybe misreading this part (ordinary person). In general I experienced this as a very good sign in a male interaction. Superior/inferior is not a good sign.
I don't know if you are like this, but I like ISTPs because they do seem like pillars of strength. And they are doers with a healthy sense of freedom and independence, which I like. Plus they are usually quick with the jokes and commentary, which you are too. And they can become good teachers and mentors when they mature. But there is nothing ordinary about ISTP lol. Solid maybe. But ordinary, definitely not.
I'm not sure, as that is what some of them will actually say or it is implied.
Well, it could be some sort of stability they look for? Maybe ordinary wasn't exactly the right word.
I don't know if you are like this, but I like ISTPs because they do seem like pillars of strength. And they are doers with a healthy sense of freedom and independence, which I like. Plus they are usually quick with the jokes and commentary, which you are too. And they can become good teachers and mentors when they mature. But there is nothing ordinary about ISTP lol. Solid maybe. But ordinary, definitely not.
I see it as a happy medium between freedom and competence. Maybe that is stability? I didn’t think about it that way. But I do have a female ISTP relative (i think) who described it to me as not wanting to be someone’s “safety net.”
Well, it could be some sort of stability they look for? Maybe ordinary wasn't exactly the right word.
Nope. I don't attract any types.
  • Hug
41 - 57 of 57 Posts