Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some infj experience , that they can relive some past experience vividly, it s really like having a way back time machine we can use it when we want .

there is two recent thread in Infj dom that was related to this

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/91797-haunted-past-environments.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-for...rsations-bringing-them-up-scaring-others.html

Here is basically how it works :

"When remember exactly how it was , just back to this moment (like in movie ) , and relive the experience (thankx to si function ) , then I relive my emotional state , then I remember what caused this emotionnal state , so I can remember what had been said exactly . "

I was wondering as Si is inferior function for ENFP , How do you deal with it ? and how does it bother you ?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
My Se is pretty good, so I'm not bad at remembering conversations, etc., things I considered relevant or was physically involved in. It's not very difficult for me to visualize the past in my mind, but more difficult to recreate the emotions. My Si is my weakest function out of everything. Probably the most bothersome thing is that it makes it really difficult to sustain my focus if I'm not interested in something and remain consistent about doing day to day things. I can also go a while without realizing I was sitting uncomfortably or that I'm hungry.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I do the same thing, and I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with, is it seems my Ne steps to the side and makes me use Si to strengthen it. I feel lost and unlike myself when my Ne isn't the front runner by a mile.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Some infj experience , that they can relive some past experience vividly, it s really like having a way back time machine we can use it when we want .

there is two recent thread in Infj dom that was related to this

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/91797-haunted-past-environments.html

http://personalitycafe.com/infj-for...rsations-bringing-them-up-scaring-others.html

Here is basically how it works :

"When remember exactly how it was , just back to this moment (like in movie ) , and relive the experience (thankx to si function ) , then I relive my emotional state , then I remember what caused this emotionnal state , so I can remember what had been said exactly . "

I was wondering as Si is inferior function for ENFP , How do you deal with it ? and how does it bother you ?
I often deal with it in my life, in my free time, I wonder so many things which would be better if didn't happen in past. I don't exactly feel how I felt then, but the scar is still there. But then I think that I shouldn't regret the past, because it makes me who I'm today. I take them all as my experience.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will add the fact , that it 's not only remember something , it s really Live it back then , all my body can feel , sens , all atmosphere , light or dark , smell , the posture , the gesture , the state of mind ...

it s not like daydreaming , it s much like dreaming in litteral sens , it s really a way back machine.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I will add the fact , that it 's not only remember something , it s really Live it back then , all my body can feel , sens , all atmosphere , light or dark , smell , the posture , the gesture , the state of mind ...

it s not like daydreaming , it s much like dreaming in litteral sens , it s really a way back machine.
Hmmm, it's not quite that strong for me. I will remember where we were and where we were standing. If we were sitting, I'll remember exactly where, possibly even remember what we were both wearing, or what I was doing right befor or after the conversation. I might remember how I felt if the conversation was emotional at all (this is stronger when remembering childhood memories). I'll remember their body language and facial expressions. It will really come to life for me, like in a flash if I pick up a smell that takes me back to that time (which is more Se). The emotion remembered in the interaction seems to soften over time for me; that part doesn't seem to remain quite as vivid.

I also link music to memories. When I hear a song, it can take me back to a certain time, and I will remember how I felt, what the style was, the people in my life, etc. Again that is more Se, like the smell memory sparker...weird stuff :)

What you're describing sounds like flashbacks to me. Do they come with any memory? Happy, sad, traumatic, etc. or do they only seem to come from negative memories?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, it's not quite that strong for me. I will remember where we were and where we were standing. If we were sitting, I'll remember exactly where, possibly even remember what we were both wearing, or what I was doing right befor or after the conversation. I might remember how I felt if the conversation was emotional at all (this is stronger when remembering childhood memories). I'll remember their body language and facial expressions. It will really come to life for me, like in a flash if I pick up a smell that takes me back to that time (which is more Se). The emotion remembered in the interaction seems to soften over time for me; that part doesn't seem to remain quite as vivid.

I also link music to memories. When I hear a song, it can take me back to a certain time, and I will remember how I felt, what the style was, the people in my life, etc. Again that is more Se, like the smell memory sparker...weird stuff :)

What you're describing sounds like flashbacks to me. Do they come with any memory? Happy, sad, traumatic, etc. or do they only seem to come from negative memories?
I can remember happy memory or sad one. But usually sad one are in some inconscious , sometime it appaear when I talk with a friend . It also appaer in dream.
But for happy memory I don't need conscious effort, it all back in a golden plate bring from my subconscious (it s seems there is some kind of bridge between conscious and subconsious , make it easy ) . I can do it at will. But more and more there is meaning from past (for exemple talking about a friend or a situation , or listen music ) then just back. But i don't need a lot of energy to put it in order to command it back. It s like all the information that was absorbed during the past time is suddenly back.

Ho yeah I always feel that I m like a sponge absorbing information , mood , talk , ambiance , sound ... from all my sens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts