Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I do the same thing, and I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with, is it seems my Ne steps to the side and makes me use Si to strengthen it. I feel lost and unlike myself when my Ne isn't the front runner by a mile.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I will add the fact , that it 's not only remember something , it s really Live it back then , all my body can feel , sens , all atmosphere , light or dark , smell , the posture , the gesture , the state of mind ...

it s not like daydreaming , it s much like dreaming in litteral sens , it s really a way back machine.
Hmmm, it's not quite that strong for me. I will remember where we were and where we were standing. If we were sitting, I'll remember exactly where, possibly even remember what we were both wearing, or what I was doing right befor or after the conversation. I might remember how I felt if the conversation was emotional at all (this is stronger when remembering childhood memories). I'll remember their body language and facial expressions. It will really come to life for me, like in a flash if I pick up a smell that takes me back to that time (which is more Se). The emotion remembered in the interaction seems to soften over time for me; that part doesn't seem to remain quite as vivid.

I also link music to memories. When I hear a song, it can take me back to a certain time, and I will remember how I felt, what the style was, the people in my life, etc. Again that is more Se, like the smell memory sparker...weird stuff :)

What you're describing sounds like flashbacks to me. Do they come with any memory? Happy, sad, traumatic, etc. or do they only seem to come from negative memories?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.