Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this topic I began to wonder about what kind of restrictions people have on their partners weight, or physical health. I personally don't care too much about weight; while there is a limit, it's pretty high and I've never had an issue with a guy hitting that number.

But, I also feel that this is due to my personal preferences. I usually like well-built guys, that are freakishly tall - whenever you have a man over 6'5, it's more likely that he will carry his weight well, especially if he's some kind of mesomorph-mixture. As far as Im concerned, if a guys got good bones & is active, his weight doesnt matter.

My weight limit, depending on height:

6'2 - 6'4: 210-240lbs

6'5 - 6'7: 250-270lbs

6'8 - 6'10: 280-290lbs

Do you guys have a weight limit for prospective partners? Does weight really matter?

·
Registered
102 Posts
limit is food addiction, i mean, if a girl is obese or severely overweight she probably has a food addiction and it's like a drug. she will always love food more than me.
i hate when people want to loose weight but always find excuses to keep eating junk food and stay fat. (if they like to be fat i don't care)

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
No and as someone with multiple eating disorders (trying to recover), I find that mindset extremely creepy.
One thing is having aesthetic preferences or wanting your partner to be healthy, another is being a controlling asshole. I don't care about weight/height limits, I value my attraction toward an individual.

Weight limits = No thank you (unless it's something extreme)

Not to mention that different body types have different muscle/body fat distributions and the same amount of weight can look extremely different on two different people. I spammed the word 'different' because no two bodies are the exact same. One thing is preferring a type, another is setting rigid standards.

I've read of people monitoring their partner's exact weight and keeping a record. It makes me gag.
Luckily I have a mature and understanding boyfriend who knows better.
That's the kind of bullshit my family would pull and a massive, waving, scarlet red flag.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
No I dont have a weight limit but I wouldnt say I attract people that are significantly over weight so I wouldnt say its ever been a path I really crossed.

I guess I tend to attract people that are height, weight, proportionate. I will say that I probably like a tad thicker or stockier vs skinnier. But I just mean by a small degree.

Shrugs its never came up that I can even think of. Where I had to factor that in, in attraction.

4,926 Posts
I would say 130 pounds would be the most a girl could weigh for me to consider dating her.
The most?

Even at like 5'9? That would be very skinny. That's around average/healthy - especially in BMI terms.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
For me, not really I guess. Like the others have said, as long as they aren't morbidly obese where they have a hard time walking around and catching their breath.

Actually, I'm quite chunky right now from regaining the pregnancy weight. There's guys around me who don't seem to mind it, so I guess not a whole lot of people have these set standards like the OP has.

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Why 130lbs?
Are you not comfortable with a woman that weighs more than you or do you fear a woman that could kick your ass?

Bahahahaha I'm just kidding you man LOL.
Lol, that's exactly what it is though. I weigh 135 pounds and would feel weird dating a woman who weighed more than me.

The most?

Even at like 5'9? That would be very skinny. That's around average/healthy - especially in BMI terms.
It would be a higher BMI than me since I'm 6ft and 135 pounds.

4,926 Posts
Lol, that's exactly what it is though. I weigh 135 pounds and would feel weird dating a woman who weighed more than me.

It would be a higher BMI than me since I'm 6ft and 135 pounds.
Women have more fat to be distributed, though. Most average women are probably around that weight so good luck..

Reactions: rambleonrose

·
Huggable Meepster ^__^
5,900 Posts
She has to weigh less than the earth :shocked: ... Sorry potentially super hot giant space aliens who come bearing gifts of knowledge about super hott, steamy sex

No, I don't have a limit, per say. I mean as long as the person can move and do things with me and share a life with me, that is great. That said, I think I saw "My 900 pound life" were the guy was trying to lose weight and he died :(. I would certainly stay with my partner is they gained the weight during the relationship (like he did as he was married to his wife), because I would be in love with them then. But, I think I would rather not enter into such a romantic relationship (friendship is cool though) because it seems too emotionally draining and we would not be able to go anywhere and see new things and I would want to travel, but I would feel to guilty leaving them behind.

So I don't have a weight limit, per say, but I do have a sort of minimum sense of mobility and I would prefer if my partner had at least a semi-healthy lifestyle (so we can have a long life together, hopefully). But I don't really care if my partner is bigger and/or heavier than me. That just means that there is more of them for me to kiss :kitteh: <3

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
As long as the woman is healthy and somewhat active I can care less. There is a difference between carrying weight yet still being healthy and being a blob that sits around all day. I know women who are a tiny bit above BMI for their height, yet due to mass distribution and the fact that they are active, look amazing, yet many people will be assholes because they don't fit the hollywood/model image.

As for height, I do prefer taller women due to practicality reasons. I am 6'4.5", and at my height, back issues can be a big problem. I don't want to have to scrunch down like a god-damn slinky just to be face to face, while doing so completely wrecks my spine if done often enough. SO at a minimum (although the woman can make me say otherwise) 5'7" or 5'8" is the magic number)

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
The most?

BMI is stupid, I had a friend that was 5% body fat catagorized as obese. It doesn't take in to consideration anything about your body other than your height and weight, what about muscle mass,bone density, your frame size? Body Mass Index is worthless

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
No limit, although it somewhat matters.

Too thin or too overweight would raise many concerns for me but that wouldn't be enough to stop me from being interested them. I would prefer someone who could keep up with me but it's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't have any particular number as a weight limit. However, I would like my SO to be toned and in great shape. Only because I am and I think that's fair. Plus, I want someone who can keep up with me on hikes, runs and etc.

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
Not really... I tend to like tall females, and tall females tend to be "heavy" (read heavy, not overweight). I once met a 6'4'' female which is INCREDIBLY tall for a woman, and she weighed over 200 pounds, but looked fine as hell. So there can't really be a limit on weight, unless you intend to exclude tall people at the same time!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.