Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a former coworker who, when I think about her, still gets me irritated. She left two years ago, which just goes to show that once somebody gets under my skin, they don't get out easily.

That said she is one of the smartest people I know which makes her not just an irritating peon but my arch-nemesis.

So, do you have an arch-nemesis, somebody whom you respect but hate or dislike at the same time?

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,611 Posts
I don't know. I tend to be all or nothing with my respect for people.

I've genuinely admired a lot of people, probably in a child-like way.

But the people I dislike usually disappear from my memory pretty quickly. Some kind of wall goes up when I don't like someone, it's almost like I can't even hear them talk.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Picture it: Dream Machine Arcade at the local mall in the winter of 1994.

Whoever that dude is, who beat me repeatedly using Ken in Street Fighter II Turbo and robbed a poor high school junior of potential college textbook funds, I want a flaming cement mixer to land on top of you while you're kayaking at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. But first I want to hold you. One last time.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I would enjoy having one. Unfortunately, few of them seem to last long.

Nah, it's just hard for me to work up a lot of resentment. I'm to apathetic to have real dislike.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Some guy on facebook is arching me. Hes a mutual friend of some friends, and he keeps posting responses to me when I post comments on their posts. Here is an example:

"WHATEVER u do- DONT do what the evil demon above this says..she is an evil demon."

I'm used to people being bigoted toward me for being a demon though. He will have to try harder to get under my red scaly skin.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holmes and Moriarty. Chell and smashy spike plates. A nemesis can force you to hone your abilities.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't tend to respect the people I dislike. Because my dislike usually stems from a lack of respect. I do have people I respect and don't really like, but I don't dislike them.. I'd just rather not be around them longer than I have to be.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There's this girl on my bus, you see. And she's my arch-nemesis. However, I must start at the beginning for this all to make sense, so bear with me.

I sit in the same spot every day on the bus. Recently, this girl has been sitting there instead, and it really grinds my gears. Once there were no spaces on the bus, save for next to her, so I asked to sit there, and she said no (which is horrible bus etiquette). Ever since, I've had petty-revenge fantasies of her having to ask me if she could sit next to me, and then saying no, and then giving a Randian monologue on the ethics of sitting on a bus.

The twists and turns may be hard to understand after your first read, but all that can be said is that the hatred I feel for this person is greater than any other feeling I have felt in recent years.

And I'm being completely serious.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The years in which I had an arch-nemesis were the most productive years of my life. We would compete in everything from writing, to science, to chess simply for the pleasure of saying "I won. I'm better at it than you." I can't even say I genuinely disliked him, because while it may have seemed that way, and I acted as if I did, he pushed me to learn so much, and to do things I never would have done otherwise. I seriously appreciated him. I didn't start truly disliking him until he gave up on me. He just stopped one day. I seriously miss it, and I wish I could have a new arch-nemesis because it is a seriously excellent motivator (and it's fun).

(I like how this is my 100th post.)

·
Registered
785 Posts
In middle school there was a girl in my math class that excelled at cognitive math. We were 6th graders in a mixed class of 6th and 7th graders. It was awkward for us younger kids and to cope with this my nemesis would answer every question. The teacher would write a question, nemesis would work the question in her head then blurt out the answer. Since my brain is also capable I started to try and answer before her(damn did our teacher hate us). This sparked a rivalry in which every quiz/test/assignment was a race. I infuriated her while she mostly humored me. In high school we had a government class together in which she helped me immensely. While working on a project together we got drunk and challenged each other to a math contest. It started with math and ended with sex, strangest foreplay of my life. She taught me when trying to last for awhile to multiply in my head, a trick I still use to this day.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am fairly certain a couple girls strongly dislike me but I don't really dislike them. I assume by "arch-nemesis" you are implying negative feelings well beyond hate. I don't really know how I feel about these people besides the fact that they are morons and I will never comply with their idiotic standards. This thread has now pissed me off.

·
Registered
790 Posts
A a chinatown dude called ing, Fucking.

Reactions: mr. rozay

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
John: People don’t have arch-enemies.
Sherlock: I’m sorry?
John: In real life. There are no arch-enemies in real life. Doesn’t happen.
Sherlock: Doesn’t it? Sounds a bit dull.
John: So who did I meet?
Sherlock: What do real people have, then, in their "real lives"?
John: Friends? People they know, people they like, people they don’t like… Girlfriends, boyfriends.
Sherlock: Yes, well, as I was saying--dull.

:\

·
Registered
667 Posts
My mother-in-law's boxer dog Montauk.

Reactions: Richard

·
Registered
190 Posts
Arch enemy? naa, I normally like people and they normally like me. If I don't like someone then it's probably because I don't respect them and I pretty much stay away from them.

There is a guy at work now that is kind of my arch enemy, but he's not really an enemy, he's just another Process Analyst and sometime he's asked to do things instead of me. I can't blame people, he gets things done faster than i do since I have very little interest in them.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I did in high school, kind of. This guy made it his life's mission to antagonize me (mostly verbally) and I made it my life's mission to prove that he couldn't. He was kind of a dick to everyone but with me it was much worse. We almost got into a literal fist fight in the hallway once. Most people didn't really mind him, and I always said he was scum but no one really listened. Then in our senior year he got arrested for conspiracy to commit murder.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts