Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a really long time, I couldn't sleep unless my bed was up against a wall... apparently my bed was always against a wall for the first 19 years of my life... now I have to sleep on two pillows under my head, and then have one to snuggle into. Oh, and I always sleep on my side, but I usually wake up on my back.

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
Is this when/where half the forum reveals that they can't get to sleep unless they build a pillow fort first? :wink:

Not exactly 'weird', but I pretty much have to have ear plugs to sleep. Oh and I've never quite gotten over the fact that my favourite ear plugs were discontinued. :frustrating:

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I usually can't sleep well if i'm working the following day. I wake up all hours of the night looking at the alarm clock seeing how many more hours of sleep i can get. I'm usually exhausted all day at work. Funny thing is this only happens the first night of my shift. If i work 2/3 days in a row, the last few are fine.

Also i've slept with a fan in my room since i was about 12. I have to have it on high, regardless how cold it is in the room. I love sleeping in a cold room with only my nose sticky out from the covers. The sound of it moving puts me to sleep. I have a habit of sticking at least 1 foot out to get air....my husband is freezing, he needs extra blankets to stay warm. One of life's little compromises.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I burrow into a blanket - if it's cold, I have to tuck in every little corner into a cocoon and can't sleep if the slightest breeze gets in. If it's warm, I just need a sheet over my face. I also like to shift position a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant quite call it insomnia because ill eventually go to bed around 2-4 A.M. (when I put my foot down, that is....), but I become a writing fool at night; my mind races at red line and I can easily go an entire night without sleeping when I get one of those "light bulb" moments......Ive gone 39 hours without sleeping once, but I dont plan on doing that again!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My Dad always calls me "the neurotic sleeper". I sleep with the fan on. My husband says it sounds like a jet engine in the room. I will sleep with it off if we are under a tornado watch in hopes that I will at least hear the sirens or if the kids are sick so I can hear them. I prefer to have the fan blowing on me but when my kids' were babies and slept with us then I was willing to turn it off so I didn't chill them. It all started when I was in elementary school when we moved into a house that didn't have central air conditioning; there is nothing better than the sound of a window unit whirring.

I sleep with certain pillows which have certain pillow cases. I sleep with a lot of pillows.

And last but not least...how do I say this with a straight face? I still sleep with a "blankie". Ok, I said it.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If it's warmer than 80ish degrees, I literally cannot sleep.. Like, if it's 85 and it's at night.. I will not sleep at all.
Also, I've found oddly enough, that it's easier to sleep with a comforter scrunched up like a disorganized pillow, than on a real pillow.
I guess it's because I apparently need some kind of texture.. Something more than the smooth layout a pillow provides.. And also, I sleep where I'm kind of hugging that blanket (I sleep on my stomach), so perhaps I'm a very mild case of a sleep cuddler.
And sense I use my comforter as the pillow, I have my feet on the real pillow.. For some reason the elevation at the feet is relaxing..
And if it's cold enough I need a blanket, I have AT LEAST one foot out of the blanket.. If not both.

By the fact it was a long post, I guess I'm a very *special* sleeper.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I usually can't sleep well if i'm working the following day. I wake up all hours of the night looking at the alarm clock seeing how many more hours of sleep i can get. I'm usually exhausted all day at work. Funny thing is this only happens the first night of my shift. If i work 2/3 days in a row, the last few are fine.

Also i've slept with a fan in my room since i was about 12. I have to have it on high, regardless how cold it is in the room. I love sleeping in a cold room with only my nose sticky out from the covers. The sound of it moving puts me to sleep. I have a habit of sticking at least 1 foot out to get air.....
Yep! This is me as well.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I LOVE sleeping. In weekends or vacations, if I get a chance, I can sleep for 14-15 hours at a stretch.I generally enjoy sleeping alone, occupying the whole bed.Mom makes the bed for me, and it is usually like this when I go to bed:

And when I wake up:

Btw, these were just examples. XD

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can only fall asleep on my left or right side and keep on switching sides while asleep,
I Snuggle a pillow, my ex had jealousy issues with that pillow, and i had hate issues with the huge teddy bear in her bedroom that kept on staring at me while having sex.... In my excuse the bear was definitely a pervert.
I can only sleep half naked (underwear)...i can enter the bed with PJs then i keep on stripping'em off, piece by piece as the bed gets warmer.

But no, no weird sleeping habbits :)

Oooh ohh, and taking a power nap on the couch is frigging awesome....

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I slept with a fan on high for most of my life. I love that sound. Now I sleep with a sound machine on waves. It works. I've had insomnia for as long as I can remember so I don't ever look at the clock unless it's light out or seemingly morning or I'll be up for hours counting the hours I have left to sleep. I have serious REM sleep in the mornings so it's hard to wake up cause I just want to go back to my dream.

I love sleeping in.

Reactions: chickydoda
1 - 20 of 24 Posts