Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get all kinds of creative ideas going on in my mind all of the time. Mostly symbolic things. Since I interpret a lot of ordinary things in massively idealistic and creative ways, it starts me down a rabbit hole of creativity. But it could be anything. I have them even if I don't want them. That's why I think I'm destined to be a visual artist, filmmaker or musician. Does anybody else relate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can relate more than you'll even realize. Visual artist, filmmaker, writer, or musician are all the careers I eventually hope to obtain (one or all of them, ha).

We should collaborate on something.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Absolutely. It just does not stop. I have to make a concerted effort... but my mind starts drifting back in that direction anyway.

Most of my imagination stuff is character-based, like in stories. But I also am often interpreting things in a way that inspires me to paint or draw it, or write something. When I have free time at home, I am working on a project, usually visual. Sometimes wood crafting, sometimes making music. I get so bored and antsy otherwise.

I have been getting into photography lately because my whole life I've seen things and thought, "that would make a great photo...." ...so now I'm actually going to start trying to capture what I see. It's hard! to capture it the same way I see it in my mind. But a good challenge.

I don't know. It's just in my blood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah! So many book ideas, so many poetry. If I'm bored or free, my mind starts to drift to a more fun version of where I am at the moment. More free, more entertaining. Just like @Quenus said, most of it is book related, I always have a lot of different books ideas that I never end up writing.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sometimes if I drift off in some reverie-inducing activity such as meditation or a simple breathing exercise, I will get a series of chaotic images and a particular emotion may emerge. abstract music is often a feature.

I also write down interesting thoughts and ideas that float in, usually when I'm just walking across campus.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I relate. I’ve sometimes gotten writer’s block, but it’s pretty rare. I always feel like I’m bursting with ideas.

I find it interesting that everyone here seems to be agreeing though. Are there any Fours who lack inspiration/struggle with writer’s block, or does it come easily to all of us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me, I have an extensive amount of ideas, but still struggle with writer's block. However, one interesting thing I have noticed is that I am able to execute my ideas the best when there is no planning involved. It is kind of like improv. For short films, my best work is done when there is no script and it's executed from what I want at that specific moment. It's weird, and I doubt many have this trait.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I never have a block of any kind. I can even turn struggling into a scene for a movie or script for a TV show. I've written over 100 potential ideas for a script in the past two years. Not to sound too arrogant, but I really think the ideas are good. They're interesting and not boring. Complex sort of dramatic type of scenes. Lots of layers. No good or bad character, just feeling and vibe. I'm very particular about it. I dislike most films and TV shows so I believe I know what I'm talking about. I've examined the stuff a lot. I would never write anything cheesy or shitty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should take a look at my sketchbook. Whenever I'm bored, I find myself drawing all sorts of characters. What kind of person are they? What do they want in life? What's going to happen to them if they accidentally piss off a witch? Can they drown? Weird stuff like that comes streaming out of my hand. However, I fail to follow through on projects because I'd rather brainstorm than tie myself down to one story for the next couple of months or years.

However, I do have one that's been chugging along in my computer files that I feel confident about. I'm glad I'm in a creative writing class otherwise I'd never finish it.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I relate to you a lot. Since I was a child, I've always been filled with endless ideas, ideas of what could be, what I could create, how the world could be, what may exist..Truly endless. And I interpret the world in extremely symbolic ways too, that's my primary way of interpreting the world

I'm a writer...I turn this symbolism into words and writing. The way I see it, there's a way we receive the world around us that's wordless and maybe a millisecond later we have to put these symbols and impressions into words which can restrict the true meaning and beauty of the experiences. Because we're 4s, we're searching for a truth in ourselves so we may go to these symbols as a means of looking for us and if you have 5 influence like it do, it extends to understanding the universe

There's a lot of ugliness to being a 4, but one of the great things is that because we searching for so much truth, for the core, when we're healthier, we can be extremely empathetic towards others. Because we understand our feelings, we may understand theirs. Because we constantly explore our subjective world, we can share it with others and hopefully connect and help them

Our indulgence in our ideas and feelings is both our strength and our weakness. It's our weakness when we become so engrossed in it the external world feels unreal or we hold disdain toward it since we can't fit our odd little selves into it. But it's our strength when we start to love ourselves and desire to share ourselves with others and create change rather than wrap ourselves around in all these bombarding thoughts of our unattainable 'ideal self'. It's a strength when we start trying to share this 'core' and realness we've searched for with others rather than shutting ourselves away from others
Gravity drives us to destroy ourselves, but when we turn it around, we create and we change, we transform

Kudos to you on all your ideas... I hope you have a lot of success in your creation <3

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
This is pretty normal actually, it's just something most people don't realize
Creation stems from alpha or theta states within ourselves which is why we sometimes get ideas as we're just falling asleep or even in our dreams. Creation comes when we don't move our mind consciously in any direction but just let it flow

When we're stressed, we may get writer's block because we're anxiously TRYING to create, but creation comes when we don't try but just let it flow through us and do what it pleases, what it needs to do. It's really hard to find this balance when you want to be a writer. Sometimes you have to just give yourself days where you forget any obligations set on you either by others or yourself and just let yourself write

It takes surrender. If we're going through pain, it can be hard to surrender ourselves to that flow of creation, but you just have to break through it. Free yourself. There's something aching to get out and you just need to rid yourself of every hindrance and write

For me, I have an extensive amount of ideas, but still struggle with writer's block. However, one interesting thing I have noticed is that I am able to execute my ideas the best when there is no planning involved. It is kind of like improv. For short films, my best work is done when there is no script and it's executed from what I want at that specific moment. It's weird, and I doubt many have this trait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts