Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get all kinds of creative ideas going on in my mind all of the time. Mostly symbolic things. Since I interpret a lot of ordinary things in massively idealistic and creative ways, it starts me down a rabbit hole of creativity. But it could be anything. I have them even if I don't want them. That's why I think I'm destined to be a visual artist, filmmaker or musician. Does anybody else relate?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Yes.
Although I suffer from burnout/creative block every once in a while, which is normal, everyone goes through that.
But yes.

Your mention of visual artist, I relate. For some reason, my n 1 mode of self expression is visual. I do other things like writing, wood work, sculpting, making clothes and other crafty stuff, but nothing compares to photography, filming, painting, drawing, collaging, etc. I find that with visual media and writing I can be as abstract as I want and feel fulfilled :)

I like that I get inspiration from anywhere. Like I'll see a cathedral and that will inspire my next outfit, or I'll see a documentary about orcas and I'll get inspired to write a story about a little blonde girl who lives in the snow. I don't know why I make associations between things that on the surface have nothing in common, but to me they are related. It's an awesome feeling. Although sometimes I have soooooo many ideas at once that it's like a funnel, everything tries to come through a tiny pipe, and sometimes it gets stuck and I feel frozen and anxious. The cure for this is to calm myself down and choose 1-3 things. When I do, the pipe un-stucks. But! This has repercussions in me, because in the back of my mind I have anxiety about all the things I could be doing and that are getting neglected. So I develop a FOMO (fear of missing out). But I stay focused on my 1-3 things, I don't deviate because I know that if I'm not disciplined with my focus I will be frozen or not get anything done because I will have started 70 things and finished none. So.. focus. With pain of FOMO in the attic of my mind xD

·
Registered
52 Posts
All the time! I can't switch it off. And if I hear a piece of music, any music, that's me done for haha. I will start having images pop in my head and will soon begin to start day dreaming where ever I am. Music is like a trigger point for me. Also, just before I go to sleep I usually get flooded with strange images, don't know why!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Absolutely I do, sometimes it's an imagining that relates only to what I'm doing or something I've thought about recently or sometimes, usually late at night when the stream of ideas is strongest for some reason, I get random ideas. When I've woken up it's quite weak but just before I sleep it's usually strongest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts