Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite movies, books, and songs?

·
Registered
707 Posts
lol. Machaevelli's The Prince
Miss Manners Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior
I love reading about history, how-to books, and non-fiction.

Movies, I like comedies (Rob Schnider, Adam Sandler), musicals, and documentaries. And of course, everyone knows I love the Stepford Wives. Movies where the women are beautiful are always a plus.

Favorite songs are debatable as far as music choices go. I don't think type has anything to do with it as much as upbringing. I LOVE Sting and the Police. Message in a Bottle is probably my favorite. I love my 80's music, but I love most of the happy music on the radio- Katy Perry and such. I have my angry music too though. Angry- Three Days Grace. Super angry, System of a Down. Most of the time I'm happy and listening to my Oldies.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Movies: Major League, In Good Company, The Last Samurai. There are way more, but those were on recently and when those movies are on I can't help but watch it.

Books: Into thin Air, Angels & Demons, Da Vinci Code, Little Brother

Music: Tech house, electro, progressive. I do get back into my rock days here and there, but listening to the same old rock songs that I listened to for the past 20 years gets old quick. The electronic dance music scene is changing so quickly and there is so much good music coming out all the time that you can't help but love it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I grew up only listening to Classical music and hymns. We didn't know anything else existed until I was about 12. Then for like two years, I could listen to whatever I wanted, then I went to a boarding school where I was again only allowed to listen to Classical and hymns... So when I finally could choose for myself, I loved the 80's rock music. When I go out I like techno and some of the stuff on the radio. I try to be open minded, but I have to be able to understand it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have just watched "the life of others" a German movie. It was so good. I was not expecting anything in particular but I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe because he shows a ESTJ expressing his feelings and they representeted completely right:crazy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Movies: Godfather parts I and II, Indiana Jones, Forrest Gump, Amelie

Books: Camus "The Stranger", Augustine "Confessions", Garcia Marquez "100 Years of Solitude"

Music: classic/folk rock, classical. Bands: The Killers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception inception

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, now you're an ESTJ, eh Pablo? What about your INTP-ness?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Movies: Stupid comedy from the 90's is where it's at, i.e. Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, Wayne's World, etc. And of course sci-fi greats like Star Wars, Bladerunner, Alien, and Star Trek (2009)

Music: Liszt, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, I like romantic classical music. Baroque and the like can shove it XD

Modern bands I like include but are not limited to....Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, The White Stripes, Soundgarden, and my guilty pleasures include Lily Allen and Maroon 5.

Books: Meh, I rarely finish a book. 1984, Animal Farm, and Brave New World were books I enjoyed. So I suppose Sci-fi/dystopian is what I like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts