Personality Cafe banner

Do you have profiles on social networks?

• ENTJ/INTJ - yes

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • ENTJ/INTJ - no

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • ENFJ/INFJ - yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • ENFJ/INFJ - no

• ENTP/INTP - yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • ENTP/INTP - no

• ESTJ/ISTJ - yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTJ/ISTJ - no

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • ESTP/ISTP - yes

• ESTP/ISTP - no

• ESFJ/ISFJ - yes

• ESFJ/ISFJ - no

• ENFP/INFP - yes

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • ENFP/INFP - no

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • ESFP/ISFP - yes

• ESFP/ISFP - no

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've had Facebook for ages although I use it as little as possible, mostly for chatting and school-related matters. I have a profile on Instagram which I like a bit more. Don't know if Snapchat counts, I use it anyway although it tends to annoy me every now and then.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes I do have a Facebook and a Twitter account, but I never share my pictures. I don't want them to be exploited without my consent (you never know how they use them) and dishonest people can take them without you noticing anything.

I opened a Twitter account because it enables me to get information in real time. As for Facebook, it's to get in touch with people and to create a useful network (if people need help they can ask and so do I).

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't use any social networks, save for snapchat (its completely useless fun) and youtube, if that counts. I find that it would only encourage comparisons and I would develop a fear of missing out on most things. It feels like a rat race, everyone competing for attention and likes and distraction from their true selves and life. At the end of the day these networks are tools and it matters how you use and view them, but I feel like it's a small minority that truly benefit from regular posting and the like.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I would answer, INFP - no, from my own understanding of "having a profile on social networks".

In case the OP has a broader or more stringent defining process in mind, here's the long version.

I don't have a FB or Twitter account, and I never intend to have one.

I do have a LinkedIn account, and I resisted that for a very long time. Most folks would not consider LinkedIn a social network but rather a business or professional network. I have a presence. I have a photo and info available. I do endorse people from time to time. I don't, however, see anything beneficial from it. It seems to be some social hoop to jump through pertinent to employment in all but the most menial and basic of jobs.

I have an extremely basic G+ presence of my real identity. I have a few circles created. Other than a pittance of info on my home page and a photo, I don't really use it as such to blog, to share my latest thoughts, etc. I created solely to allow me to create a pseudo-personage: the I'm FiNe presence. With the I'm FiNe presence I am able to post comments on You Tube regarding MBTI videos that I watch. Since this posting is anonymous I don't believe it qualifies as the typical social network sites in mind.

That same anonymous approach happens here at PerC. I spill quite a bit about who I am and what I think and feel here. It just doesn't tie to my real name. There is some safety in that.

Why not? My personal info blatantly connected with my name being on the internet is not something that I like. I perceive that social networks can bring certain levels of good, but there is much bad brought by them. Twitter might have a usefully appropriate niche but the general usage is abhorrent and caters to the idea that:
  1. everybody needs to know everything, and
  2. nobody should ever have to wait.

Reactions: Ardielley

·
Registered
46 Posts
Using facebook, instagram, twitter but not posting/socializing much, just for any interesting pictures, quick update on news or other shenanigans.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Using facebook, instagram, twitter but not posting/socializing much, just for any interesting pictures, quick update on news or other shenanigans.
Same here... :D

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I have a facebook account to stay in touch with people, generally because it's easier than email and I don't always have skype handy (and some don't have skype anyway). I don't really use it to "share myself" with the world though. Most of my information is either not entered in, or it remains private. The only thing that tends to be public is my name (of course), a profile picture, and I think a nationality. That's all that's shared. I don't make posts or anything on there either, and if I do, they tend to be small notes to myself that are hidden from others anyway.

Outside of communication with others, I only use facebook to keep track of my reading list (books read and books I want to read), although it seems this reading list may likely be graduating to my external hard-drive instead.

I don't have a tumblr, instagram, twitter, or whatever else exists. I tend to just be on facebooks and forums. Oh, I use youtube as well (with an account), but practically nothing is on it (certainly no videos). I just use youtube for organizing content-producers, keeping up with them, and well, that's it really.

·
Registered
INFP | 5w4 | 548 tritype | Asserive
552 Posts
Facebook and instagram (since i'm a beginner photographer).
I've rarely use facebook to talk to people, to be honest. I just post pics which my friends want me to share of our travels, parties, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.