Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For quite a few years now I've thought of certain stuff to do.
Taking the personality test again after some time clarified why I did not push through with such decisions.

Some stuff includes:
- League of Legends tutorials/gameplays in a blog or in YT
- Uploading cover songs in YT
- Having a personal blog
- Writing a fantasy fiction book

I use much of my energy planning away at home and when I finally get back home I'm like, "Screw this, I'll just play a game or read manga". Then again almost all these stuff consisted communicating with a lot of people. Figures. Or it might just be my own personal attribution to laziness and procrastination.

How about you? Do y'all have something similar to my case which you were enthusiastic at first about but never went into doing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
That want-to-do list is too long in my case that I literally forget about thinking about it. I always use shit reasons like "not in mood yet/ not the best timing" or "need to find appropriate tools/guides" to refuse making a move. Laziness and Procrastination.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's procrastination, but also the fact that when you get home from a long day you think you will get more enjoyment out of playing a game of league instead of what you will get from making a video for it.

I'm the same. Just have to get the ball rolling and if you actually want to do it you probably will. that is the hard part

I put too much things on that back burner.... my impulses get in the way.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ha, I've been doing this with running lately. I'll be at work the whole time planning which trails I'm going to run once as I'm off. Then I get home and play GTA 5 instead and maybe order Chinese food.

·
Registered
420 Posts
For quite a few years now I've thought of certain stuff to do.
Taking the personality test again after some time clarified why I did not push through with such decisions.

Some stuff includes:
- League of Legends tutorials/gameplays in a blog or in YT
- Uploading cover songs in YT
- Having a personal blog
- Writing a fantasy fiction book

I use much of my energy planning away at home and when I finally get back home I'm like, "Screw this, I'll just play a game or read manga". Then again almost all these stuff consisted communicating with a lot of people. Figures. Or it might just be my own personal attribution to laziness and procrastination.

How about you? Do y'all have something similar to my case which you were enthusiastic at first about but never went into doing?
I'm either the world's best or worst procrastinator... I can't make up my mind which one I am though.

Yep, I have a bad habit of having every intention of doing something only to put it off until some other time.

I have a bunch of round tuits.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks guys for the insights. I guess that is the case for me as well, haha.

I prolly will delete this a day from now.
Heads up, you can't delete it.

I absolutely love novelty. Like, I can get addicted to doing new things every day. Eventually you realize that you just have to pick something, so you roll with it, and you'll appreciate it more. I've come to like hobbies/pursuits with a tangible product - for me that thing is lifting weights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts