• SF no i dont

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im wanting to see if certain tpyes are more prone to get them than others. if youre wanting too and youre sure of it but havent yet, vote yes. if you're on the fence vote no.

Why did you get it or not? do you regret it?

i'll start. yes i do, i got it becuase it represented a fascet of my core beliefs that i know where never change, over the past 5 years since ive had it that has remained true and I do not regret it. i also liked the aesthetic of it and that hasnt changed either.

it needs to get touched up at some point though and i plan on getting another one as soon as possible.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,952 Posts
Sailor without any tats

Yeah, I was a sailor and I could never figure out what I wanted badly enough to spend my beer money on. I still don't. I've thought about a few different things, but I've never followed through on them. If I were to get anything, it would be very symbolic and it would tell a story (I suppose that's why most people get them).

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,501 Posts
No tattoos for me. I'm afraid that they would clash with my fasion statements, lol. Or my hair. Or all three would clash.

Or maybe, I am just too chicken to have a tattoo. All of a sudden, I feel like saying bok bok bok, like a chicken. I should probably just sleep, seeing that it's 1 a.m., lol.

By the way, I'm an esfp.

Reactions: Jaune

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,501 Posts
Yeah, I was a sailor and I could never figure out what I wanted badly enough to spend my beer money on. I still don't. I've thought about a few different things, but I've never followed through on them. If I were to get anything, it would be very symbolic and it would tell a story (I suppose that's why most people get them).
I do need to sleep, but, all of a sudden, I just started visualizing Popeye (the sailor man). I think that he had a tattoo, too, of an anchor. When he ate spinach, it got to be enormous.

·
Registered
15,048 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I am too much of a pussy to get one.

Sometimes I fantasize about getting one, but I can't even decide on what I would get.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Was never interested when I was younger but I've considered it in the past five years or so, only to advertise some very fundamental politics (not like stupid liberal vs. conservative shit). I'm super unlikely to get one, however. Ever since I was young I've found tattoos kind of not cool anymore because everyone has them. Also I keep scars forever so I'm not comfortable with making yet more marks on my body, not even aesthetically pleasing ones. And saving up money for one on my meager income is just not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have three tattoos and want more, but every time I consider it for a long time, and I look long for the artist with the style I prefer for that tattoo. I also prefer paying a relatively high amount and wait long for my appointment. Now it has been a while because I'm on a strict budget, but I'm patient.

I want the tattoos to reflect me as a person, or a period in my life. The one's I have now are also relatively easy to pair with any style, but they generally feel like "me" regardless, and that doesn't really change. I am however glad that I waited till I was 20 to get my first tattoo because I don't think I'd be able to make a good choice of a tattoo that would be stuck on my body for the rest of my life as I was a bit more back-and-forth decision wise back then.

I also generally love seeing tattoos on other people and view it as a kind of personal art project. It's fascinating.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, I have around 10 tatoos including handwrittings (messages).

They are part of both my aesthetic tastes, as well as some messages I wish the other could understand even if rather abstract.

I got my first one when I was 18 to claim and proove to myself that I was getting rid of something...A certain sensation of freedom.

Every one of them has been made in a context of résilience in which one I was ready to move on, at the end of some studies,

just after letting a relationship or an important curve. To me it is regaining power and new freedom.

As if my body cried "No string attached !"

If think I'll get another one but I've got to feel this "in my belly, in my guts" to do it.

All of them were done because I decided to embody an idea, an energy.

They are not visible to the public for most of them (private exhibition wanted).

Exception : One on my right foot.

As for the pain, that's really nothing compared to the desire ...

On an energetic point of view, it is incredible what's happening. It is not only psychological, there is a physical change.

Engraving is very symbolic indeed. My tattoos are part of my Totem, or "secret diaries".

Fortunately they are not so visible, and....people rarely look for the meaning behind it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have three tattoos and want more, but every time I consider it for a long time, and I look long for the artist with the style I prefer for that tattoo. I also prefer paying a relatively high amount and wait long for my appointment. Now it has been a while because I'm on a strict budget, but I'm patient.

I want the tattoos to reflect me as a person, or a period in my life. The one's I have now are also relatively easy to pair with any style, but they generally feel like "me" regardless, and that doesn't really change. I am however glad that I waited till I was 20 to get my first tattoo because I don't think I'd be able to make a good choice of a tattoo that would be stuck on my body for the rest of my life as I was a bit more back-and-forth decision wise back then.

I also generally love seeing tattoos on other people and view it as a kind of personal art project. It's fascinating.
Same here, i had several reason i picked my tattoo one of the being a its related to a core belief of mine, ive never regreted it!

Yes, I have around 10 tatoos including handwrittings (messages).

They are part of both my aesthetic tastes, as well as some messages I wish the other could understand even if rather abstract.

I got my first one when I was 18 to claim and proove to myself that I was getting rid of something...A certain sensation of freedom.

Every one of them has been made in a context of résilience in which one I was ready to move on, at the end of some studies,

just after letting a relationship or an important curve. To me it is regaining power and new freedom.

As if my body cried "No string attached !"

If think I'll get another one but I've got to feel this "in my belly, in my guts" to do it.

All of them were done because I decided to embody an idea, an energy.

They are not visible to the public for most of them (private exhibition wanted).

Exception : One on my right foot.

As for the pain, that's really nothing compared to the desire ...

On an energetic point of view, it is incredible what's happening. It is not only psychological, there is a physical change.

Engraving is very symbolic indeed. My tattoos are part of my Totem, or "secret diaries".

Fortunately they are not so visible, and....people rarely look for the meaning behind it.

i'm always interested in why someone picked the tattoo they did, great conversation starter :) and also why i started this thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am an ever evolving future looking kind of person so no, I would not want any permanent reliefs and monuments in my body to "fix" me in the past.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't have one but I plan on getting one at the beginning of next year. Probably on me right arm, and something that relevant to vitality, survivability, or such.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've been tattooed 20 times. But they're all confined to my upper arms, forearms, hands, and calves. I haven't added to the collection for several years. Some of them mean more to me now than others, but I don't really regret any. Even if some of them don't mean as much to me now, they at least did mean something to me at some point in my life, and that's the important thing. Plus I think my body is a lot more interesting with them.

Reactions: Whippit
1 - 15 of 15 Posts