Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember the first time i stayed up all night when i was 2 1/2 so i could watch the sunrise for the first time. I think it had something to do with not believing the sun actually rose, but it just made an appearance out of the blue. And, i watched A Pup Named Scooby Doo all night. But, i can't for the life of me remember that my sunglasses are on my head once a week. INFJ thing?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would think it's more a "human" thing than MBTI. Most people remember events that particularly struck them at the time, and forget things that are of less importance or less vivid, or in the case of your sunglasses, so normal and routine that the memory's easier to slip the mind.

There could be certain aspects that may be influenced by cognitive functions, like Si's characteristics for recalling details well and past experiences, for example. But in the end, I think it's mostly dependent on the person.

And for me, I remember nothing from childhood but marshmallows on my gingerbread house, accidentally taking someone's bag, and hopskotch. But I have really good memory when I wish to remember.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i have to agree with you arishorts. I really have an extremely good long term memory. When it comes to keeping up with whats going on in the here and now i can seemingly forget everything

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
My memory tends to be crap all way around. I barely remember things that happened in the past, and those episodes that I do remember are probably false memories from photographs that I've seen and just happened to make stories from them. I don't actually recall having those experiences, but since they are in photographs, I have to assume they did happen.

My short term memory is poor as well. I can never remember where things are, even important things...like my car keys.

I've been wanting to get this checked out with a doctor...but... I forget.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I remember meaningful events that happened in my life. I'm terrible with details though. Dates, places, times... meh. It's a good thing Facebook reminds me in advance of upcoming birthdays, lol. If I ever get married, I'm gonna have to make it a point to put the anniversary date on there or else buy a really, really comfortable couch. >_>

Reactions: Coil

·
Registered
9 Posts
My memory tends to be crap all way around. I barely remember things that happened in the past, and those episodes that I do remember are probably false memories from photographs that I've seen and just happened to make stories from them. I don't actually recall having those experiences, but since they are in photographs, I have to assume they did happen.

My short term memory is poor as well. I can never remember where things are, even important things...like my car keys.

Before resoting to a doctor u should make sure that you have a big picture in your life right now. if you are focused on details and doing what everyone else wants from u it can seem like your intuition is leaving you. If you dont have a great long term memory u can be infj. Ou r long term memorys are everything :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's funny, i tend to rely on my memory because I can sometimes recall insignificant details about anything...

The other day I was watching the news with a friend and the news anchor stated that the A380 is the largest and biggest plane. I believed he was wrong so I set up a little bet with my friend because he often blindly believe what's on TV...
A few minutes later after cheking on wikipedia, he discovered that the A380 was only the third biggest and he asked me how i could have known that. I told him I must have seen or read something about it but the truth is that i don't recall having actually seen or read any piece of information about it. I just knew it.

That's sometimes hard to explain and most of the time I'm perceived as a know it all, but i can't help it!

On the other hand I'm likely to forget an object or 2 if you invite me at your place, despite cheking my stuff before leaving!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I remember details very easy too.And not only. I can even remember what has been said to me by a certain person in case they wanna switch to "i never said that" , even the context that has been said. But i always seem to forget my phone or my purse in places.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
231 Posts
I feel like this has something to do with the fact we're past and future oriented. I can remember in detail things about my childhood to such a degree that people have accused me of lying. My mother is always shocked to hear me describe surroundings I haven't seen since I was three. All the same, I can't remember what I ate yesterday. Sometimes I think my memory is terrible and other times I can remember details no one else would even think of committing to memory.

Does anyone else here have trouble memorizing lines, for example? I could never be in a play or anything like that because for some reason I cannot memorize lines for the life of me. Every time I quote someone also, I have to paraphrase.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes and no... I vaguely remember number sequences... I remember good things that strangers do to me and bad things that loved ones do to me. However, sometimes I feel so lost in the illusions in my head that I feel like maybe some of memories might be made up to make up for all the shitty ones I do have.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Honestly I don't even know anymore lol. I have extraordinary long term memory though it's not what it used to be entirely. My short term memory is a disaster unless I'm focusing. I literally have things go in one ear and out the other sometimes, yet I recall random memories from when I was very young with relative ease, especially if I have a stimulus for it.

I feel like it's all there still, but I forgot how to use it. Which IS as sad as it sounds. :laughing:

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
Great long term memory but I'm not constantly recalling stuff from the past unless it's brought to my attention or I'm feeling especially nostalgic. Short term memory good but I have to make myself put effort into it as my mind tends to wander to other, less practical things during the day.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I can remember the first time i stayed up all night when i was 2 1/2 so i could watch the sunrise for the first time. I think it had something to do with not believing the sun actually rose, but it just made an appearance out of the blue. And, i watched A Pup Named Scooby Doo all night. But, i can't for the life of me remember that my sunglasses are on my head once a week. INFJ thing?
I know exactly what you mean Ari, but in my case its senility!!

·
Registered
89 Posts

As a Doctor Who fan I have to say "Repeated memory wipes by the Silence will eventually fry your brain" - The Eleventh Doctor
But I'm the same, and when I do remember it's after a while and people have no idea what I'm on about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts