Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know so many ESFPs at least not as personally as this guy. So here's the deal, especially as of late, whenever we discuss something, soon after (sometimes even the first sentence that comes out of my mouth) he tells me that whatever I'm saying is not even relevant to the discussion. But in my mind, that IS the discussion.

At first I decided to investigate the problem, so it seems that the thing he has a problem with is that I'm not going by info in whatever book he reads and considers as informative OR I'm not going by what I see but rather by what is.

It seems that we disagree on how the world mechanically works in the first place. To me he seems like a guy who is dumb enough to not look beyond what's in front of him. To him I seem like an irrational guy who doesn't see it how it is.

I don't know why it's irking me so much so that I even came here to post it. Maybe because I feel misunderstood and I'm generally annoyed when someone tells me that I'm irrational. It also irks me when someone tells me that I'm wrong when I'm not. Even more if the person fails to see the truth after me taking my time to explain it which I try to do less now.

Now that I got to know him even more, I find it hard to even have a simple conversation with him because the more I talk to him, the more irrational he seems to me, and he seems to be resistant to facts and to questioning the person he took his "facts" (opinions!!!) from.

Anyway do you guys have experiences like that? What do you think of my experience with him and do you have anything to add?

i wonder if ESFPs feel that way about ENTJs when you get closer (not romantically). Or maybe it's just this person.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That doesn't seem like a type thing. More of a personality/behaviour thing so I doubt anyone will be able to help you here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts