Personality Cafe banner

Do you have trouble finishing what you start?

• Never had that issue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure how to respond to that... (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Do you have trouble finishing what you start?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Swivelinglight 
#1 ·
I have so many unfinished projects, it would take 2 Einsteins to count them... from novels to video games to random crazy schemes....what about you?

#2 ·
I voted "Yeah" and "Not anymore".
"Not anymore" is based on work and "adulting". I've taken on the mindset that there are things I need to complete even if it doesn't seem interesting to do so.
I find I look towards to finishing the tasks I'm given - feel a sort of accomplishment and that I'm moving ahead with my life.

But when it comes to my hobbies (things I do for fun) - a lot of unfinished stuff. Once I get bored, I don't feel the need to finish.

#4 ·
Depends on my level of interest. Some things I can do even if I have to march through hell and back.. other things are boring and I procrastinate because of that.

Procrastination basically happens due to negative feelings (boredom, fear and such) so I learned to combine boring or scary tasks with some fun things. Example exercise and good music. Its all a question of tricking your brain's dopamine reward system.

#5 ·
Not any more.

What works for me is to have a grounding schedule (work) which gives me a parameter. I’ve also had to work really hard through the years to just stick to projects. But also have enough hobbies and stuff to do so I can jump between as suits me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.