• Eww Imma throw anything old away, yuck

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I do not think that I have problem with hoarding, but with procrastinating to throw things out. Excuse - I have so many other things to do; I have other problems to solve = this is not important to do right now. Perhpas, I will be able to find a shop that can repair an old broken computer, TV, or a copy machine (I think they make them of poor quality so that you have to buy them again in few years). Plus, it is difficult to throw them if you paid for them with credit cards that still have a balance on (that is called being stupid in a materialistic society, at least I have learned now I hope from my own stupidity).

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
When I was 14 sleeping over at a friends house, I observed something that revolutionized my approach to this subject.

My friend's mother, who had an immaculate house, sat on the floor of my friend's bedroom closet door and just picked up one thing after another from my friend's closet and asked her daughter, "Do you use this?" and if my friend said no, she tossed it in a trash bag. To me, this was just extreme because my mother is a semi-hoarder and she would never just throw things away that were in good condition. But I realized that this was part of the reason my house was so cramped and messy and why my friend's house was neat and tidy... When you have less stuff, its more difficult to make a mess.

I don't like waste and I'll donate when I can, but I sometimes think back to that memory when its time to part with something I don't use, don't need, or don't wear... because deep down, I do like a little order in spite of my trouble parting with some things I own or the hoardings ways of mi mama.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hell no! I hate my living space to NOT be sanctuary. I like everything neat and organized and I throw away stuff that I don't use and that clutters my space

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
When I was 14 sleeping over at a friends house, I observed something that revolutionized my approach to this subject.

My friend's mother, who had an immaculate house, sat on the floor of my friend's bedroom closet door and just picked up one thing after another from my friend's closet and asked her daughter, "Do you use this?" and if my friend said no, she tossed it in a trash bag. To me, this was just extreme because my mother is a semi-hoarder and she would never just throw things away that were in good condition. But I realized that this was part of the reason my house was so cramped and messy and why my friend's house was neat and tidy... When you have less stuff, its more difficult to make a mess.

I don't like waste and I'll donate when I can, but I sometimes think back to that memory when its time to part with something I don't use, don't need, or don't wear... because deep down, I do like a little order in spite of my trouble parting with some things I own or the hoardings ways of mi mama.
I see this is the Oh_no_she_DIDNT method. I might try it when I'm cleaning.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts