Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do you read body language?
Can you tell what someone really wants before they ask for it?
Can you predict how conversations will go and anticipate how long they will take?
Do you cut to the chase and interrupt once you know someone's general point or do you let them finish what they're saying?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
When it doesn’t pertain to sexual matters, I think I don’t do too badly.

I often cut to the chase, either they pretend I haven’t truly understood and end up reformulating what I said or they just straight up ignore me and resume from where I interrupted them.
This doesn’t occur in my work environment, thankfully.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm pretty bad at reading body language. When I talk to anyone for anything longer than a few seconds, my vision tends to zone out, and I can't really concentrate on their face. I'm still listening though!

I think I let people finish what they're saying, but only through years of scorn from my ESFJ mother!

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
i think i let people finish what they're saying, but only through years of scorn from my esfj mother!
*stop interrupting me when i'm ignoring you!*

·
Registered
235 Posts
ESFJ mother? you lucky to still be here :p. I read people better than they know themselves usually.
I don't know - I generally steer clear of her, things don't get too bad unless one of my many INTP traits has annoyed her, or if she's stressed (woe betide us all!). Most of my INTP traits only manifested within the last few years, so things aren't that bad yet...

Reactions: alexande

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Decently. Not quite as well as I would like.

I can... I think. If my sister comes up to me and says, "Oh, look, there's this really cute dress on Modcloth..." I'll think, "Oh, she either wants me to buy it for her or to support her in a campaign against my mother to buy it..."

Can you predict how conversations will go and anticipate how long they will take?
Yes, I can. I often predict what someone is going to say and whatever, but I let them ramble because it's "polite."

Do you cut to the chase and interrupt once you know someone's general point or do you let them finish what they're saying?
Used to, until my family got on my case about it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It's hard not to see what people want, most friendships are made by people seeing what they can use in the other, what qualities help them and give them something they want or need.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Fairly well, I'm getting better and I'm better than I've ever been:tongue:

Almost 100% of the time, people only come to me when they have a problem it seems, or if they want to talk about one of their interests.

Lately I have had a person or two want to talk to me for no reason at all... I'm thinking they may like me... more research is warranted to be sure.

Positive: generally no... with Ne you can never really know for sure lol.

Negative: yes, I can generally figure out what's about to happen which is mostly when the conversation topic is about me and it's normally my family telling me what's wrong with me... so there's that...

Ironically with both I can never figure out how long they will take lol.

No, I just figure out what they want and keep on thinking about whatever I was thinking about and when they stop talking then I go on from there.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts

On the rare occasions that I pay attention to what other people are up to, I'm decent at it,I guess.

Sometimes. If I've known them for a while.

Depends on the person I'm speaking to...

I find myself annoyed when people ramble or add too much detail to stories (or jokes, that's a joke killer). But I try not to interrupt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Decently.
Usually.
I attempt to.
Depends. Usually the latter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts