Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not completely sure if I'm an INFJ or an INFP, but I think this is something that both may relate to...

Do you guys ever KNOW if someone has a crush on your or wants to ask you out, and despite not being able to articulate why, you're generally right? I definitely get this feeling but usually don't trust it. I've learned now that I should because it may yield good things! Thoughts? Experiences?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I do sometimes, but I think I'm generally less attuned to these things than other people are.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
*Rare* cases I've been able to tell. Like, once-in-a-blue-moon rare.

So, either I'm terribly obtuse, or few people crush over me : P

·
Registered
72 Posts
No. I over-analyze and dramatize my experiences to the point that I often wonder if I've built it up in my own head far beyond what the situation is in reality. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't -- I have no way of knowing except seeking other peoples' opinions. It's a curse.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I'm not an INFP or INFJ but I kind of do yes. Although I'm not always right and there have been times where I was wrong about my instincts. Go fig.

Reactions: ofana

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm completely clueless about such things, unfortunately for me lol. My lack of social insight and complete ignorance of things like this sometimes leads me to question whether I'm really an INFP, since INFPs generally seem very socially aware, but are just introverted or shy (though maybe I'm making an incorrect assumption).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
It really depends. Sometimes it's so blatant that I can't ignore it and other times I am completely oblivious and would never know unless someone pointed it out to me or the person told me themselves. It's usually the latter.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No. I over-analyze and dramatize my experiences to the point that I often wonder if I've built it up in my own head far beyond what the situation is in reality. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't -- I have no way of knowing except seeking other peoples' opinions. It's a curse.
Honestly this is probably going on with me.

I sensationalize my observations.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
That's me as well. I often wonder if someone likes me, but because I over-analyze I usually totally confuse myself unless it becomes undeniably obvious.

I will say that every person I've been with I have suspected from the first time we met that they liked me. Maybe our gut instinct is a lot more accurate than we think.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No. I never really notice. I haven't the foggiest what I'm supposed to be looking for and just assume that people are interested in friendship.

I suppose if the person is poking me or tapping me or what not, then I MIGHT think otherwise. But probably not because I've had that happen to me and didn't ever think "she must like me."

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have no clue... I can probably suspect it, but all the times I've thought it was something, either they changed their mind or it was just regular friendliness.

I've probably missed out on many potential relationships, because she was just so subtle in her interactions. I need to be really into someone, before I make an attempt at setting up something....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts