Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
17,694 Posts
Watching some ASMR videos right now. And they're doing nothing to me. Not even with headphones. What's the aim here? What's supposed to happen?

Is it to flash your big titties for donations? Because that's not working either.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not quite sure. What is it?
I don't even know what it stands for but it is people doing things very quietly and it apparently is supposed to help relax people. My sister is super into it, she is an ISFP, and likes the role-playing ones. She listens to them when she goes to sleep. There are ones of people eating, tapping their nails on things, etc. They have a huge following.

Watching some ASMR videos right now. And they're doing nothing to me. Not even with headphones. What's the aim here? What's supposed to happen?

Is it to flash your big titties for donations? Because that's not working either.

HAHAHAHA :laughing: You know I have never really noticed that but now that you mention it a lot of the women doing the ASMR vids do have low cut shirts. That has to be on purpose. I guess it is supposed to relax you but I just feel uncomfortable watching someone do something and whisper to me through Youtube.

BTW, I totally did not know that was you Jawz because of your change you avatar and signature. For a second I was like, hmm I didn't know you could have the same username as another person on PerC :happy:

·
Plague Doctor
5,927 Posts
I like that it reminds me of the word "assmar" from Lord of the Flies. I find the concept fascinating but when I watch assmar videos, they just make me feel irritated or make me laugh. I don't know there's something really absurd about it even though I like the concept.

I don't think I've ever experienced assmar.

Sucks to your assmar. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Never experienced it. There are some ones that turn into quasi-audio dramas which are pretty cool, otherwise I tend to judge based on sound design*. There are some well done ones, but I detest the ones where it's just one long video of whispering followed by some kissing.

* - I'm an audio guy and do sound design/audio myself.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried watching ASMR videos but I don't feel the tingles that alot of other people do. And yeah, the tendency of alot of the girls who make them to showcase their bodies is quite unnecessary.
That is what I have heard too! I only get that when someone plays with my hair not listening to something. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Hahaha I bet you they get a lot of subscribers though and I think if you have enough you can actually make money that way.

I like that it reminds me of the word "assmar" from Lord of the Flies. I find the concept fascinating but when I watch assmar videos, they just make me feel irritated or make me laugh. I don't know there's something really absurd about it even though I like the concept.

I don't think I've ever experienced assmar.

Sucks to your assmar. :unsure:
Hahahah :laughing: When my sister first told me about this I thought it had something to do with butts because it kind of does sound like "ass" but I didn't even think about Lord of the Flies. Jeez I haven't read that book in years. Haha I find it so awkward and I have to turn it off.

Never experienced it. There are some ones that turn into quasi-audio dramas which are pretty cool, otherwise I tend to judge based on sound design*. There are some well done ones, but I detest the ones where it's just one long video of whispering followed by some kissing.

* - I'm an audio guy and do sound design/audio myself.
Do they usually have a good sound design? I am guessing that good ASAMR has good sound quality right?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Do they usually have a good sound design? I am guessing that good ASAMR has good sound quality right?
Some do, and these tend to be more "roleplay" videos than pure ASMR. Some people create stories out of their ASMR, which I find pretty cool.

The sound quality is generally fit for purpose. Most of the channels I watch are very good (maybe with the exception of one), but I can't speak for all of them as I tend to stick to just two or three channels.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Isnt it just basically making your own sounds that are usually soothing or something?

I know theres a yandere simulator ASMR thats pretty infuriating.. the way a yandere should be. xD
I can say I did like the idea of such a simulation. It was kind of fun.

·
Registered
ᚾᛁᚦᛁᚴᛦ
397 Posts
I absolutely despise it. It drives me crazy. I have sensory processing issues and am very sensitive to auditory stimulation, especially when on repeat, so ASMR videos really push my nervous system into overdrive.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Most of it is weird and mildly disturbing on the sensory level. It took me a while to find one that gave me a braingasm (or maybe I just had to build up to it by watching for a while), and that was definitely cool, but it was also slightly uncomfortable in a way that's hard to explain. Like a forced orgasm that I wasn't totally ready for or one that came from painful stimulation. So I tried it one more time (the next day). I don't seek it out anymore now.

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,192 Posts
I generally like it. :proud:
I avoid the sexually-tinted ones, but prefer tapping, scratching, or other textured noises. These, in addition to certain background audio (people chatting, typing, or engine/machine-related) will put me out like a light.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think ASMR is by far the most useless and annoying trend nowadays. People who produce stuff like that should go to jail. Especially the whispering... Fucking talk louder! I can't hear the words coming out of your pie hole. All I hear is "sh-sh-sh-sh-sh". You have a throat, a tongue and teeth, use them properly or shut up! And no, by using them properly, I don't mean what you usually do to donkeys with them! :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Isnt it just basically making your own sounds that are usually soothing or something?

I know theres a yandere simulator ASMR thats pretty infuriating.. the way a yandere should be. xD
I can say I did like the idea of such a simulation. It was kind of fun.
Yes, I believe it is! They are supposed to be soothing and give you a good feeling. Someone above called it a braingasm! Can I ask what a Yandere is and why it is infuriating??

I think ASMR is by far the most useless and annoying trend nowadays. People who produce stuff like that should go to jail. Especially the whispering... Fucking talk louder! I can't hear the words coming out of your pie hole. All I hear is "sh-sh-sh-sh-sh". You have a throat, a tongue and teeth, use them properly or shut up! And no, by using them properly, I don't mean what you usually do to donkeys with them! :)
Hahaha! :laughing: Sometimes it can be a little uncomfortable. I really don't like the eating ones. My sister showed me one of her favorite people and it was a lady eating Japanese Jellies. She had like 2 million subscribers and like 100+ videos of her eating things. I wonder why some people really like it and others don't?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
It has helped me a lot concerning my sleeping issues which therefore positively affected basically everything else. Other than that, it has ruined my life. Where does all this energy come from? Where am I supposed to put it?

And don't get me started about how terrible it is now to go to the hair stylist! I cannot stay awake anymore without forcefully having to keep myself from dropping dead.

Eh, in general it's nice. Though eating/mouth sounds sounds weird me out and make me wanna pass out as fast as possible due to how cringey it is.​

1 - 20 of 97 Posts