• Strong No

Votes: 4 2.8%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like being an INTP? What do you like and dislike the most about being an INTP, how has being an INTP helped and hindered you and would you want to stay as an INTP?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think I would like to be more towards E.

And I like the P, because I like being flexible and adaptable while keeping an open mind, but it hinders getting things done.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love it, most of the time. I like who I am and frankly wouldn't change but sometimes I do feel like I could be more extraverted. Meeting new people really drains me and is unnecessarily difficult.

I would probably benefit me to be closer to J too. I tend to be disorganized to the point that it is harming me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I adore being an INTP. I love who I am, but like others have stated....I wish I was a bit more extroverted so it would be easier to meet people. But overall I'm perfectly content being extremely introverted.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I find myself wanting to be more 'estj' just to deal with going through highschool however I know that it can never be true. The experiance of having an INTP brain and seeing so many connections at such a fast rate when others struggle is an amazing experiance, however it means that you are going at like 500% brain power whileothers are at or below 100%. Having to stay at their speed sucks:angry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like being an INTP because I can see so many different perspectives. I don't like being an INTP because I spend too much time thinking before posting. I wouldn't change my type if I could.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I love being a fence-sitting INFP, because my strong T is the only thing preventing me from being a squishy, useless mess of ooey-gooeyness. I'd be lost without it. When I have to pull out all the stops my F has the slight upper hand, but on the average day I'm right in the middle. I'm glad they cooperative, because my other functions sure as hell don't.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I figure most intp would be neutral they wouldn't be able to make up there minds
Haha that's what I put. I guess I like being me, but like everyone sometimes I want to be someone else (maybe wanting change because of the P? It's a bit dull remaining in one character).

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I love the mental flexibility of being able to see issues from multiple perspectives, and my ability to troubleshoot and grasp difficult concepts with relative ease. But I hate that I don't have the ambition or attention span to follow through on my visions. I hate being so scatterbrained and sometimes overwhelmed by raw emotion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes. I very much like my INTP-ness.

(('Specially after seeing some very lovely comments by people saying we amuse them. ;) Lol.))

Naw, but really. I love it and would never change it. All though, sure, it'd help to be a little more extroverted at times, but I am perfectly fine with my introverted-ness. <3​

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I like being myself, so yeah, I guess I like being an INTP. I like that I can see patterns and my adaptability to new situations. I'm also glad that I can keep myself level-headed even when there's a bunch of chaos running amok.

That being said, though, I could really use some J in my life. I recognize the need to motivate and organize myself, but I'm rarely inclined to go for it. It's also a big handicap working in bursts of energy. Sometimes that "spark" of inspiration doesn't come at all before something's due, and I'm left to do a mediocre job in a less than ideal amount of time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In between. On one hand, I feel that my process of building relationships with people is a more intrinsic one, devoid of tiresome small talk but riddled with stimulating conversation. I value my bonds with other people - not actively, mind you - And I enjoy being the person who can out-argue just about anyone. I've learned to steel myself against simple negativity and personal feeling thrown into an arguement - I've seen a lot of people on this forum claim to cater their responses to these things to make others feel more comfortable, but for me personally, I feel frustrated that in an arguement anybody would allow personal feeling to weight their words. It doesn't sit well with me - Others might see it as a shortcoming, but I agree with that idea that I, as an INTP, manage to not 'censor my words'.

I despise the virility of my emotions when they get the best of me. Really, it's upsetting enough to balance the pro's. Besides that, 'Neutral' always appeals to me more than taking a side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats a difficult question to answer since I could never envision being anything else then what I am. Are there things I'd like to change about myself, sure. but thats not to say that I'd prefer being another type. I'm comfortable with who I am and enjoy the fact that i'm different from most other people.

·
Banned
349 Posts
I like being myself. I like the INTP natural capacity to perceive aspects, details, of reality beyond the average person, and capacity to imagine infinite possibilites for what could happen in future.

I dislike the INTP natural inclination to procrastinate (al least, excessive procrastination, ie, when it becomes a problem) and being unable to dominate my raw emotions when they emerge.

I would like to correct my deffects, but I would never want to be another type. Positive outweight negative, sure. Worthy of being an INTP.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts