Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, i love being single for real. XD It's like you don't have to make an effort to fulfill or please someone else's needs.

Being single is like doing whatever you want. Going on a date but without any commitments.

Being by yourself. Living by your own rules.. I think being single is the best. XD

I'm really really happy that I'm single :)

Single ftw!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I think it depends on the guy right? I mean being single is definitely better than being with the wrong guy. But I think being with the right guy would be better for me than being single. There are some life goals that can only be done with a partner; plus I have a strong belief that people are built to be close to someone; I see important parts of our personalities that are most accurately expressed by trusting and loving someone.

I remember after my last break up I felt happy and relieved for 2 things....

1. that I could let my Fi do its natural thing and not be yelled at for it. (My previous boyfriend and I had trouble with Fe/Fi clashes ...nearly all of our arguments were about how he wanted more Fe behavior from me and how draining it is for me to act like that especially if I'm hurting.)

2. suddenly having a physical space that was 100% mine...to interior decorate however I wanted. sounds shallow maybe, but it was a huge source of joy for me after that breakup. I think I could still have interior decorating joy in a relationship too. just forgot prioritize that with him I guess and then when I suddenly had it after the breakup it felt like wow this is nice.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too like i didn't know myself when I'm in a relationship. :(

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,848 Posts
I'd rather be single than in a bad or toxic relationship.
I haven't been single for a very long time, but its not something I minded.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I like being alone, BUT:

I'd like frequent access to sex without having to live together with a person. Ideally, I'll find a partner who lives in their own place, I live in mine, and we meet each other from time to time, in a committed manner. For exclusive sex mostly, but also emotional stuff. When we're both satisfied, each retreats to own cave until next meeting, happily until the end of the days of our lives (almost like sands through the hourglass).

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Being alone: Love it. The freedom. I've never been in a relationship... imo.

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've never been in a relationship to know for sure which one is the best (and I think you can't never know for sure). Generally, I don't mind being single, but I go through cycles where I think it sucks to be alone, then go back to thinking it's better that way.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Becoming single might’ve been the best thing I ever did, tbh. I’m curious whether girls and guys might enjoy it for different reasons (or if there’s one gender that might enjoy it more), but a few core things I enjoy are;

-Freedom and independence. Doing my own thing yaaassss.

-Don’t have to worry about how my actions/words will impact a significant other.

-Male attention when it suits me, requiring no serious effort on my behalf.

-Huge confidence booster with the amount of guys suddenly willing to approach.

-No getting bored with someone after 3 months cos they’re too predictable.

-No pretending to like certain friends

-Don’t have to share my food

-Dont lose my sense of self. The most common comment I got after breaking up with my ex was that I became more “me.” I don’t enjoy that whole identity-loss/merge aspect of relationships.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I am cool with being single, except that my greatest objective in life (having children) requires another person. If I were capable of mitosis or parthenogenesis and thereby could reproduce by myself, I would never seek out a relationship.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
Yeah, at some point I did,

Few days later I have made my biggest love declaration ever, to the girl of my dreams, and am in my first official relationship ever - which I would only do if I feel fully serious and certain on building my future with her, and be rest of my life together with her.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
I do not like being alone and being single is sad. Sure, I have freedom to do the things that I like to do. But I'd rather have a companion for the journey. That being said, single is better than a bad relationship, and I've had a few of those.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I enjoy being single as I can just do what I want without having to think about what it would do to those close to me. It's also nice for my study right now , it won't give me the distractions I get in a relationship, so much stress for deadlines and exhaustion from socializing being avoided!
I would like to get a relationship however, when I'm in a good one I have a lot more passion and motivation to achieve meaningfull goals instead of letting it sudder. It also makes me feel alive and understood which I currently do not feel as much as I would like to.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Ideally I would be in a relationship, but my attractiveness as an individual is not sufficient to attract a female of high enough caliber to make this into a reality. It's better to be single than to be with someone who I wouldn't enjoy spending time with and such women don't enjoy spending time with me so it's a little bit of a Catch-22.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Like everything, being single has its advantages and its disadvantages. As of right now I enjoy the advantages more than the disadvantages. However I'm open to the idea of a relationship with its advantages and disadvantages.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts