Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if there is supposed to be an obvious answer or not, but a friend was adamant I will enjoy it, but I am pretty sure I won't.

I don't like noise. I don't like people. I just want to stay home.

He said he never heard anyone who doesn't like clubbing. I want to slit his throat.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sure, if you're a sadist and enjoy making your head explode.

Reactions: s2theizay

·
Registered
130 Posts
You will probably loathe it. It's loud and people are everywhere. Unless you like dancing or drinking in crowds, I would pass, and usually do.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't know if there is supposed to be an obvious answer or not, but a friend was adamant I will enjoy it, but I am pretty sure I won't.

He said he never heard anyone who doesn't like clubbing. I want to slit his throat.
I mean, I would go maybe like once in a blue moon or for a special event with some friends. The music in a club is definitely a new experience if you've never gone before because it can change your mood in a certain way. But if I do end up going, I'll probably need the next few days on my own to recover as there are just way too much stimuli in a club. Plus, if you're a female, you can usually get free drinks :wink:

Reactions: Strelok

·
Registered
596 Posts
I hate the word like i hate hell.

Same

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Partying? Yes.
Clubbing? God no.

The amount of fun I have in those sorts of situations depend on how comfortable I am with the people I'm around. I used to party a lot at my ENTP friend's house where we'd smoke a lot of weed and dance to shitty music. Now I just drink a lot of rum and shit talk my boyfriends friends at Mario Cart. I've been tamed. :crying:

If you wanted, try meeting somewhere in the middle with him like partying with a bunch of people you know. INTPs are infamous for being goofy when there surrounded with people they like and I would even go as far as to say we can be the life of the party. (No mean to toot my own horn or anything. :tongue:)

Remember that being an INTP doesn't mean you have to fit the anti-social brooding stereotype. Instead of looking to us for advice, think about whether or not you think you'd like it. No? Then you probably wont.

Likewise, don't let him make you feel guilty or out of place for not liking it.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Partying? Yes.
Clubbing? God no.

The amount of fun I have in those sorts of situations depend on how comfortable I am with the people I'm around. I used to party a lot at my ENTP friend's house where we'd smoke a lot of weed and dance to shitty music.

If you wanted, try meeting somewhere in the middle with him like partying with a bunch of people you know. INTPs are infamous for being goofy when there surrounded with people they like and I would even go as far as to say we can be the life of the party. (No mean to toot my own horn or anything. :tongue:)

Remember that being an INTP doesn't mean you have to fit the anti-social brooding stereotype. Instead of looking to us for advice, think about whether or not you think you'd like it. No? Then you probably wont.

Likewise, don't let him make you feel guilty or out of place for not liking it.
I just don't want to make a fool of myself.

If I go clubbing, then I want to clear the dance floor and show everyone that they are useless and can't dance :)

And then I will have to kill everyone who witnessed this.

So much killing, not worth it? I DO NOT KNOW :((((((((((((((((( I am so stressed just thinking about this.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

If I go clubbing, then I want to clear the dance floor and show everyone that they are useless and can't dance :)

So much killing, not worth it? I DO NOT KNOW :((((((((((((((((( I am so stressed just thinking about this.
I'm not sure of your personality type, but as an INTP, I would say "since when have I gave a shit about what other think of me in a club?" Most of the people there probably can't dance either. In addition, most of them are probably too shitfaced to think about you and your dancing skills.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure of your personality type, but as an INTP, I would say "since when have I gave a shit about what other think of me in a club?" Most of the people there probably can't dance either. In addition, most of them are probably too shitfaced to think about you and your dancing skills.
Well I do care about what others think of me. And most of all I care about what I think of me, which includes what other people think of me.

I guess in a way, I don't care then? Why am I going again?

You see, I definitely need a purpose in going. Not just for fun. Like finding a super rich guy who would take care of me for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Believe you me I know that feeling.

I think you'd really like the party scene more than dancing with a bunch of strangers. First time I went to a club, I found out twerking was a real "dance move." I resorted to standing off to the side, stealing sips of my friend's drink just to numb the anxiety and disgust I felt. I appreciate twerking in the traditional African tribe sense, but Jesus Christ was the dance floor just a clothed orgy of sweaty, sweaty men and women.

Meet him in the middle. With a party. You sound like a really person who enjoys letting go and I think that would be ideal. If you can.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like clubbing because I meet a lot of ESFP friends there, and I'm pretty sure that's my dual type :) so they're a lot of fun and really spontaneous which I like. I also like dancing in a crowd of people I don't know. Something about feeding off of the energy of a stranger is just really cool because you can let go and just have fun.

Once I get a few drinks in me it's like my Ti flies out the window and my Fe takes over.

I don't go a lot, though. But whenever I do, like twice a month, I have a great time. More intimate shit like hugging relatives or whatever is where I'm actually uncomfortable.

So don't knock it until you've tried it.... and tell your friend not to take you to a shitty club with shitty people. You'll be fine.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
no i don't.

Not if by clubbing you mean going to a *club* with loud electronic music, lots of people sweating and invading your personal space even if they could actually avoid it etc. I like things like live music in pubs etc. So you can go and dance by the stage but you can also sit down and watch while sipping whatever you like to sip.

(sorry if I make lkttle sense. It's late and unfortunately, I had to take part in a big damn social event today.)

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like clubbing because I meet a lot of ESFP friends there, and I'm pretty sure that's my dual type :) so they're a lot of fun and really spontaneous which I like. I also like dancing in a crowd of people I don't know. Something about feeding off of the energy of a stranger is just really cool because you can let go and just have fun.

Once I get a few drinks in me it's like my Ti flies out the window and my Fe takes over.

I don't go a lot, though. But whenever I do, like twice a month, I have a great time. More intimate shit like hugging relatives or whatever is where I'm actually uncomfortable.

So don't knock it until you've tried it.... and tell your friend not to take you to a shitty club with shitty people. You'll be fine.
I'll come for you if it isn't.

Did I just refer to myself as it?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts