Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont. Well, I don't have anything against it in general, but I don't get it. When I'm on the dance floor at a party I normally play along for a couple minutes and then I start conversations with people (Which then normally leads to me leaving the dance floor again :D) because why the fuck would you just hop around for hours without purpose or a specific goal?

For me, its just not satisfying at all..The only time I actually dance for longer than a few minutes is when its about getting close to a girl.
But other than that... meh. I rather have a random conversation or discussion or get to know new people at the party ;)

So do you guys like dancing?

I was wondering because after observing my friends for a while it seems that sensors enjoy dancing a lot more than the Ns I know... (Not all of them obviously but there seems to be a trend)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I love the hell outta dancing. Especially if I'm messed up. My girlfriend has had to come to the club at 4am on more than one occasion to tell me I had to stop dancing and come home. Dancing for 2-4 hours straight with minimal to no breaks is not a foreign event for me.

I do tend to lean more toward non-hiphop dancing though. This turns into a bit of a tug-of-war between me and my girlfriend since hiphop is her favorite style to dance. Personally I prefer dancing to EDM if we're getting our "heavy" party on, but otherwise I'm more of a ballroom/latin ballroom kinda guy. Good thing for us we're both fairly adaptable in our dancing though otherwise we'd never get to go out

·
Registered
483 Posts
No, I don't dance either. I wish I could force myself to dance because I feel left out being the only wimp not dancing. But when I actually do, I feel even isolated and the moment of 'fitting in' lasts for a few seconds. I normally go away from the scene of dancing and loud music to a quiet spot where I either have a conversation with another non-dancer or just sit and think/write. But I do appreciate a good dancer for sure.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Only when the music's off, because everybody always comes up to me and asks me what I'm listening to. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I do actually.
I'm not any good, but the hop -around style you mentioned is super fun for me.
I graduated from High School last year, but when I was there I was in Drama. We would sometimes have potlucks and stuff. Almost every single time we would end up putting on some crazy lights, getting on the stage, and playing music on the speakers. That was a lot of fun. It wasn't a typical dance, there weren't that many of us and it wasn't that loud. So we were able to talk some and make jokes and do silly things. Spin in circles, dance in slow-motion. One of these things was before prom, and we had this joke that at prom we would like, kick our legs and do jazz-hands with a goofy face and that was the invitation for boys to grind with us at prom.
So I like that sort of dance a lot, where you're really just acting like idiots with your friends.

·
Registered
962 Posts
No. Seems a strange thing to me. In my younger days, I liked mosh pits but dancing....nope.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
@ee4

If it leads to an interesting conversation (or getting laid) I'll try it for a little while, but I get bored fast. I'd rather drink and talk, so I don't go to clubs. Too hard to talk to people.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I love the hell outta dancing. Especially if I'm messed up. My girlfriend has had to come to the club at 4am on more than one occasion to tell me I had to stop dancing and come home. Dancing for 2-4 hours straight with minimal to no breaks is not a foreign event for me.

I do tend to lean more toward non-hiphop dancing though. This turns into a bit of a tug-of-war between me and my girlfriend since hiphop is her favorite style to dance. Personally I prefer dancing to EDM if we're getting our "heavy" party on, but otherwise I'm more of a ballroom/latin ballroom kinda guy. Good thing for us we're both fairly adaptable in our dancing though otherwise we'd never get to go out
Plur

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't really get this whole dancing at clubs thing... I'm in high school, and In my class there's a radio, a computer (connected to the internet) and a stereo, so we turn on music (from the radio or youtube) at the breaks, and at these moments I like to tap on tables and move weirdly and goofily to the music. It's not really dancing, but it is some sort of movement to the beat and sounds. I love music, almost everything I'm obsessed with has something to do with music, so I do like to sing with friends and move hardcorely and passionately when I'm doing so, as if I actually mean everything I'm singing, but then again - it's not really dancing. Sometimes I like to learn specific "dance" moves from the clips of specific songs (such as Let It Go - Frozen, and Super Friends - Holy Musical [email protected]) but it's very structured and not like the regular dancing thing in clubs and stuff.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have Chorophobia and it really sucks because I can't even move my body an inch without feeling stupid. It's odd because I'm not a shy introverted person yet I hate dancing...
I guess you can say I'm a introverted extravert. ;)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

(tune, which you can barely hear is '7 Angels With 7 Plagues' by Evol Intent)

Huhuhuhuhuhu, I'm in this.

And this

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I never liked dancing, until I discovered pole dancing. =D Now every time I walk into a building I look around to see if there is a pole in it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting, looks like there's both a lot of dancers and non-dancers ;)

No, I don't dance either. I wish I could force myself to dance because I feel left out being the only wimp not dancing. But when I actually do, I feel even isolated and the moment of 'fitting in' lasts for a few seconds. I normally go away from the scene of dancing and loud music to a quiet spot where I either have a conversation with another non-dancer or just sit and think/write. But I do appreciate a good dancer for sure.
Yes, thats pretty much me!

But at least for me it also depends a lot on the people I'm with.. I'm never the one who motivates everyone to dance but when I'm going out with the right people and had enough to drink, I will actually enjoy dancing. But normally whenever I dance I feel like I look like a complete idiot...

Also it feels like I can't really focus on the music only. I'm actually jealous of people who apparently can focus on just the music and dancing and the very moment. To get there, I normally need to get proper drunk, alcohol seems to make my mind shut up at some point :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love dancing! it's one way of letting loose and being creative for me. In fact, I've won a few dance contests. What can I say, I can shake my ass in impressive ways and have good rhythm...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I never liked dancing, until I discovered pole dancing. =D Now every time I walk into a building I look around to see if there is a pole in it...
Glad I always have one in my pocket :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts