Personality Cafe banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I LOVE DANCING!!! I think its the most fun you can have! I love crowds and concerts and being in moshpits to emo rock in high school/early college.

i used to feel really awkward and self conscious about dancing in my early college years and would only dance if there was good music, the right amount of crowd density to cover me, and I didnt know any of the guys near me. (Im a chick.) But after i went to my first massive rave and experienced being completely surrounded by the music, i lost a lot of my inhibitions when it comes to dancing.

Nowadays, the only requirement is that the music is good. I hate half assed dancing to music i dont like and refuse to do it. but if im feeling the music, i can let go of any feelings of self consciousness and just let the music animate my spirit. haha. I love it when im dancing and so into the moment im not even thinking about the moves im doing. to me, its the pinnacle of fun and reaching it makes any night out a success. going to concerts and acting a fool is my specialty. lol.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Just a date with some hunk :p
-Ob.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I love dancing haha. I rave hard.:perc2:

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Hell yeah I love dancing. And I'm a damn good dancer, too.

I mean, it probably helps that I've studied music/dance for years. But I even love dancing as a casual, social thing. It's a way to get energized and show off in front of my friends.

I get annoyed when my introvert friends won't dance with me because they're scared of looking stupid.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Dancing... is not one of my talents. But it doesn't stop me.

I can (and do at every opportunity) sing, but I can't dance. One of my favorite things to say about this, though, is:

"Just because I can't dance, doesn't mean I won't dance."

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love to dance as well, music festivals, raves and nightclubs are my jam, but i also love dancing at parties (no matter how big they are). I'm not picky as for the songs, as long as I like it and it gets others dancing, it could be hard-techno, rock, cheesy pop, EDM... I prefer good techno in clubs though.

A part from the fact that dancing allows me to drink more (and not being drunk / hangover the next day because i was sitting in the couch during a whole night drinking), I find it to be an incredible way to start a party and be able to do what you want without people judging you. Indeed, I noticed when I danced all throughout a party with people I was introduced to or did not really know, being one of the first to dance at the beginning of the party (and therefore showing that you are not drunk yet, because you just arrived) makes people believe "you're always like that" and therefore when you're actually drunk they don't see a goddam thing/difference and really you're entitled to do just about everything for the rest of the party + being the first one to dance will give courage to others / more introverts people to come & dance with you, as they got drunk, and thus giving them the impression at the end of the night they had great time at this party (but also subtext : a great time with you).

Really dancing at parties and owning it with confidence (you don't even have to be a good dancer) is like my most effective way to socialize, strangely enough.

·
Registered
553 Posts
HELL YEAH :)

Did ballet for 9yrs and to this day I love going to dnb,breakz,goa,electro,minimal,acid,... parties :)
dance your ass off, preferably barefeet open air ^^

plur!

·
Registered
ESTP - SEE Fi
4,693 Posts

Even if I absolutely suck at it. :laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't dance/won't dance, but give me a few beers and a small room with a metal or hardcore band and I'll eventually get to front of the crowd and go a bit berserk.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I love watching as well as executing myself silly dances!

YaY, I even integrated it to my workflow :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am generally not a very coordinated person, so praying to the terpsichorean gods is not something I do in front of other people ... at least without chemical enhancement.

That said, in my early 20s, I was a "competitive" ballroom dancer for a couple years, in that I had a partner and we entered competitions. We did not "succeed" at these competitions, as that term is usually defined, but I had a lot of fun.

Back when I was a professional photographer, I specialized in taking promotional/production photographs for theater and dance companies. Doing that, I learned to appreciate choreographed dance (dancing with an intended artistic statement, you might say). Since then, I enjoy watching professional dancing very much, especially ballet or modern dance.

Reactions: dwelfusius

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,600 Posts
I like dancing when I'm with a group of friends who won't judge. Dancing in a big group of people who I'm not familiar with, it's a different story. Dancing is certainly far from one of my strong suits, but it's pretty fun.

Reactions: ilovegoodcheese

·
Registered
221 Posts
i don't know if you realised but i think you woke up a 5yr old thread.. but it's interesting isn't ? i think most entp like to dance!
me specifically, also a lot..

i think is a good way to express yourself and communicate with others. And i'm not referring about sexual attraction, i really hate when someone do that around me, because it creates very bad vibes around, but more about the energy and happiness in general.

about if it's better to be dancing with people you know or complete strangers, i prefer strangers. I don't like to go alone -i think i never did it- but once in a disco or in a party i don't care if 'my' people let's say go to seat somewhere or don't feel like dancing. I'm very careful about to not do anything that could be interpreted i want something with anybody -because that's the last thing i want- but besides that i'm fine in that situation. Of course i prefer to dance with them. :)

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
ENTP-T (Ti-ILE) 5w4 so/sx
40 Posts
Hell yes, I love dancing. I own an HTC Vive and I'm going to be dancing in VRChat with my drinking buddies later tonight. There's a party every weekend with over 40 people that I like to go to, and I have the HTC full body trackers for 6-point body tracking, and most of my dance moves translate into VR pretty well, since I do popping and dime-stopping and animation/robot style dancing.

Here's a video of me IRL doing a practice session in my bedroom that a friend of mine edited (sorry for the heavy filters, he went kinda crazy with the after effects lol).

21 - 35 of 35 Posts