Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about what you think about flowers.

I personally don't like flowers I just don't see any point in them. They're boring and I can't be bothered to be watering them everyday. I also hate gardening.
If anyone bought me flowers I wouldn't know what to do with it and I'd probably forget to water them . I just find flowers really boring they may look pretty but I'm just not into flowers. I see them more as flowers which attract the insects which I do not want.
I don't think I've ever been really liked flowers then I have friends or people in the family who love flowers and try and talk to me about how lovely flowers are.

Reactions: Night & Day

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: downsowf

·
Registered
454 Posts
Waste of space and the fact that having the flowers cut seems like an act of crucifixion. You place them there in a pot with water at the bottom and watch as they slowly die; talk about romantic. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ehh, they're pretty, but they make me sneeze.
Plus, I don't get why anyone says that they smell good. Roses smell terrible.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
If you think about it, buying flowers is a horrifying thing.
You take a plant, cut off a limb or two, then shove all those limbs into a pot with water so they can die a horrible, slow death. Then someone comes up and purchases these limbs and takes them home to display their gruesome trophies.

Too many flowers out in the wild serve to do nothing more than bombard your senses.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Hahaha...I love the responses here. Classic. I'm totally fine with flowers - although I don't find them all to be particularly aesthetically pleasing, but a beautiful flower can be a moving thing...and you don't have to cut them all you morbid INTPs out there, you could just let it grow - what I don't like are social conventions that try to force me into the purchase of flowers. I can't stand things where you must do them or someone will be disappointed, but if you do do it you don't get any credit because you're expected to do it. SRSLY F*** YOU HALLMARK.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think plants and flowers are cool! I would like to someday have greenhouse for some crazy plants. As for flowers in vases, I don't know, I would prefer to get a plant I could put in a pot or something.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I love certain flowers, For example my cannabis plant is currently in the flowering stage. And althou i agree you shouldn't pick flowers, these flowers do looksvery tasty, and i am tempted to pick them, dry them out and place the crushed contents into a cigarette

·
Registered
692 Posts
Waste of space and the fact that having the flowers cut seems like an act of crucifixion. You place them there in a pot with water at the bottom and watch as they slowly die; talk about romantic. :tongue:
No, you cut the stems and place them in some medium, such as peat moss and perlite, and root them. Being a guy I've seldom received flowers, but it has happened. Anyway, I've propagated (rooted) roses and carnations this way.

Ehh, they're pretty, but they make me sneeze.
Plus, I don't get why anyone says that they smell good. Roses smell terrible.
It unlikely flowers (as in most garden perennials and annuals) are making you sneeze. Pollens from grasses and many shrubs and trees are by far the most severe allergens. Roses have many different scents. I don't think I've found any to be offensive. Some just have a scent. Others smell good.
They taste terrible.
So you're the one that has been going through the neighbourhood and eating the flowers!

Several web pages I like:

Calflora - Search for Plants

CNPS - California Native Plant Society

Enciclopedia de la Flora Chilena - Darian Stark - www.florachilena.cl

Several California natives I like:

Asclepias fascicularis

Hibiscus lasiocarpus californicus

Lilium humboldtii

Calycanthus occidentalis

·
Registered
454 Posts
No, you cut the stems and place them in some medium, such as peat moss and perlite, and root them. Being a guy I've seldom received flowers, but it has happened. Anyway, I've propagated (rooted) roses and carnations this way.
While it is true that some go to these lengths I would have to say that most do not. I have rarely seen cut flowers treated in this way. I fail to see how my point is invalid; unless that was not your intention to begin with, in which case I am sorry.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like white roses and white calla lilies .... apparently those are funeral flowers -- I wasn't happy to hear that, but I still like them the best.

I don't have anything against flowers ...I just won't be the one to look after them, and I certainly don't want them as patterns on my clothes.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I personally like flowers, but only the really beautiful ones, not the weeds I'm used to seeing. Also, you can make cool automated watering things which you can put into the flower pot, pretty cool information behind it. Flowers and fruit are things that I'm going to have inside my dream house when I get rich:happy:

or you can just buy them lol.

EDIT: I really like nature in general, it's all very beautiful.

·
Banned
649 Posts
I prefer plants. Even though plants require just as much work as flowers do to take care of. Maybe its because plants generally look the same every time I look at them. Which I like because I barely even look at plants/flowers to begin with. I find it irritating when I don't notice a flower when its in full bloom and then suddenly notice the flower when its wilting and the petals are falling off (which would then make me have to clean up all the mess from the petals).

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I love the scent of flowers, but I would appreciate them more if they had greater life spans, and if they didn't need so much care. I would actually love to have a nice garden, but I'm simply too lazy to take care of it; everything will be withered in a week.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
flowers growing in the wild or in other people's gardens: can be very pretty and interesting.
flower patterns on clothing, furniture, wallpaper, etc: pretty much always garish.
being expected to buy flowers to give to someone on a special occasion: moneymaking racket. I refuse to participate.
being expected to forgive and forget something because it is accompanied by a bouquet of flowers: irrelevant and inane.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts