Votes: 3 6.8%
  • xSTJ NAY

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
That's pretty much the same reaction I've gotten my entire life, though the number of "w's" can vary.

Nobody want to try it either, it makes it almost sorta pizza-ish like.
Sounds like a cheeseburger... not an ooey gooey grilled cheese sandwich.

Teehehe

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Sounds like a cheeseburger... not an ooey gooey grilled cheese sandwich.

Teehehe
This is all making me hungry for some sort of ooey gooey grilled cheese-pizza-burger type thing, but all I have is cereal and portabella caps. :frustrating:

Now to decide if I want to go out to gather gooey supplies now or get creative.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
No, I do not.
Do not ask this question again, to anyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That's pretty much the same reaction I've gotten my entire life, though the number of "w's" can vary.

Nobody want to try it either, it makes it almost sorta pizza-ish like.
Do you like slather it or dip it???

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Do you like slather it or dip it???
Well, I always dip it, but I wouldn't say I ever slather it. Sometimes, I'll put a small amount on the sandwich, snuggled with the cheese in between the bread, but it's more of a drizzle than a slather. But dipping is always a necessity.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
This is all making me hungry for some sort of ooey gooey grilled cheese-pizza-burger type thing, but all I have is cereal and portabella caps. :frustrating:

Now to decide if I want to go out to gather gooey supplies now or get creative.
xD Well if you get supplies I'd recommend strawberry jam in your grilled cheese sandwich.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
YES! And I love having brown sauce on it. (Is that just a UK thing? Cause I remember my Canadian ex not knowing what that was lol. Man, you're missing out if you don't know what it is.)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I love em.. Even better - The 4 cheese grilled sandwich.. Much like the 4 cheese pizza (if you've ever tried it).

Mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan and asiago cheese with some garlic butter.

You could even try it with blue cheese. Cheese is Bae

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
xD Well if you get supplies I'd recommend strawberry jam in your grilled cheese sandwich.
This sounds very...intriguing. I already gathered gooey supplies but I've no strawberry jam. :unsure:

Do you eat candy apples with grilled cheeses? (or grilled cheeses with candy apples? :proud: )

YES! And I love having brown sauce on it. (Is that just a UK thing? Cause I remember my Canadian ex not knowing what that was lol. Man, you're missing out if you don't know what it is.)
I'm in the US and I have never heard of brown sauce before, but a quick bit of Googling seems to suggest that it's sort of similar to A1 sauce(don't know how common this is outside the US) and other steak sauces, in which case, yes, it goes very well with grilled cheese. :happy:

I don't think I've ever dug this deep into the concept of grilled cheese sandwiches before. Who knows what else might be out there?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm in the US and I have never heard of brown sauce before, but a quick bit of Googling seems to suggest that it's sort of similar to A1 sauce(don't know how common this is outside the US) and other steak sauces, in which case, yes, it goes very well with grilled cheese. :happy:
Never heard of A1. I'll research comparisons to see.... annnd after researching it, they are not the same thing!

Also in the UK we rarely use the term "grilled cheese", here we use the term "cheese on toast" for a single slice, or "toastie" for a sandwiched variation.

Reactions: mp2

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
@Candy Apple Parmesan crisps go well with mp2 too. :tongue:
@EccentricM Ah, well then back to the Googling board I guess. I think if we all took time to understand and appreciate each other's sauces around the world, the world would be a much better place.

(and I really like the word "toastie")

21 - 40 of 42 Posts