Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFP's

Do you like ISTJ's? The way they show their emotions through actions instead of words after you give them your expressive wordsmith emotional language, the way they fascinate you with their ability to organize finances and work with very little distractions, the way they are overly critical of small things yet come off sounding warm and funny when they do... :crazy:

Or is it only me? LOL

*Oh noes...not this again*

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
My grandfather is one and I love him, so I love ISTJs!
We disagree a lot and have different expectations, but he is very giving and responsible.
Yes his ability to organize finances is amazing to me.

4,757 Posts
Three of the best people I know are ISTJs (including my dad). They're awesome - they love taking care of you. In a sense, they're expressing themselves through action rather than words - I've never heard them say anything mushy to me but you can really tell they care. They're so competent and put together.

I'm ridiculously fond of ISTJs.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I like many ISTJs, especially ones in-touch with their tert-Fi. I've had some music nerd ISTJ friends, and they have so much info stored up in their head it's always fun to talk music with them. I also like the ISTJs who have a bit of an unconventional, rebel side (I generally regard these as the ones in touch with Fi :laughing: ).

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
182 Posts
I never met one, but the ESTJs I have dealt with, I don't have a favorable opinion of them, so I don't think a introverted version of an STJ would do any better with me, but that is just the way it is with me.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I like most of them. It took me a while to actually understand them, but once I did, I was like "Aww, you're funny with your set ways, but it's a sweet funny because you mean well!" This was before I really delved into MBTI, maybe a couple years ago. I sort-of-not-really butted heads with one extreme ISTJ until our mutual friend (ENTP) kind of sat me down and told me that the ISTJ does care, he just doesn't like change :wink: Among other traits, of course.

I know another ISTJ that I'm really close to. He's very in touch with his Fi (and I like Te), so we get along well. Neither of the two are actually, um... diplomatic, but that's fine.

What's really fun is unleashing Ne unto ISTJs and watch them try to scramble for a concrete answer :tongue: Half the time they'll make fun of me, but it doesn't bother me too much. After all, I did instigate it!

4,757 Posts
I know another ISTJ that I'm really close to. He's very in touch with his Fi (and I like Te), so we get along well. Neither of the two are actually, um... diplomatic, but that's fine
I love how straightforward they are. Yeah, diplomacy is not a forte but I love hearing them bitch about most things ... well, the ISTJs I know never go so far as to trip over my Fi

What's really fun is unleashing Ne unto ISTJs and watch them try to scramble for a concrete answer :tongue: Half the time they'll make fun of me, but it doesn't bother me too much. After all, I did instigate it!
YES! I get made fun of SO MUCH and they get so much amusement out of my wackiness. I could see how some more sensitive INFPs couldn't deal, but I have no problem with being teased for the very most part.

Reactions: Paradigm

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
No, but I haven't known many people I think of as ISTJs, the obvious ones are going to be the more extreme ones, and I don't like many individuals period.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
my whole family is xSTJ and I know them very well. one thing they love is structure. they cannot imagine deviating from a defined definition. any ideas or thoughts you have must be expressed to them step by step. it wasn't until i found out I was an INFP that I understood why I had so many communication problems with my family members. Although I can't say I love their style, I like their ability to push through difficult circumstances with sheer determination.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
So far I like the vast majority of the ISTJs that I have met.

I love my ISTJ dad, who planned out the order of the Disneyland rides that we needed to go on in order for my brother and me to be able to ride everything in the entire amusement park in two days. He planned it perfectly, down to the last detail, including the exact times that we would have to be at each one based on their popularity and position on the map. My mother said that her idea of a "vacation" was a bit more spontaneous, but if it worked, it was all good.

I still miss one of my favorite ISTJ ex-roommates whose OCD didn't actually drive me as batty as I expected, and who was inspired to become an artist because of me. She had this maternal thing going on where she would tell me what to eat and when to wash my hands and such. It was kind of endearing, in a way.

I am quite fond of my ISTJ second cousin, whom my other relatives got so drunk that she puked one night because she refused to accept our offer to let her break the rules of the drinking game we were all playing together. Must. Follow. All. Rules. Perfectly. ...even if it hurts. lol Yeah, we were mean to collectively decide that we were all going to pick her as our partner every time anyone got a "pick a partner" card, but the plan was to help her loosen up a bit, not to make her sick.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
My father is an ISTJ. He has come across as very judgmental, hurtful, unemotional, and too "busy" for me to talk to... But at the same time, I value his honesty and when he wants to be nice and funny, he has no problem doing that. :) We used to never get along back then, but now we have became closer and we are seeing things eye to eye, despite our differences.

My mother is an ESTJ, and their marriage is strong and still going after over 2 decades together. They love each other to bits, even if they do bicker every once in a while. My mother and I used to never get along much either, but then there are those rare moments where we get along perfectly fine and we can talk about life in general with surprising ease. We are also getting along better, and I have introduced both my parents this personality type business, and when I told them everything about my type, they told me how proud and happy they are to have such a lovely, creative INFP in their home.

So I have to say that, yes, ISTJs are amazing people, just like my dad. :)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I know two (confirmed) ISTJ's and despite our differences I think they're great people. One of them is a veterinarian and when I found out my dog (who was like my child) had cancer she gave me all the facts and helped me reach the best conclusion for the well-being of my dog. Despite her non-emotional nature she did her best to comfort me as I cried my eyeballs out for days... And she squirmed when I told her over and over how much I appreciated her helping me through that situation. If she had become emotional along with me it would've made it so much harder. I will always love her for that.

The other is someone I haven't known for a long time but has become my go to person when I need a straight up non-emotional honest opinion. I need that...to many people tell me what I want to hear and are to busy trying to not hurt my feelings. I love that he just calls it like he sees it. And if he does it in an ass-hole manner he'll call me later and apologize for being so rigid but will not apologize for delivering the truth. I appreciate that...it's very grounding...

·
Registered
321 Posts
One of my two sisters is an ISTJ. I am very close to her. She is very level headed, easy to talk to, and great to go to for practical and helpful advice. She's very cool headed and clear thinking in a crisis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts