Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't find anything strange about this list... I always make lists like this... it doesn't mean I always get things done, but its a good start, a good way to organise my thoughts, and its another way to brainstorm.

Thoughts?
1)Getting lots done off my ''checklist''
2)Doing something off my bucketlist
3)Setting aside some money for my savings
4)Getting a good amount of exercise done
5)Spending time with my friends
6)Going out for a meal
7)Going to the beach
8)Not having an argument/screaming match with someone in my family
9)Coming home to a clean and tidy house and bedroom
10)Logging onto personality cafe and having lots of notifications
11)Having great conversations

Need more hours in the day...
Are you in ISTJ mode by any chance?

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I've really begun to enjoy making lists. They prove quite helpful. I've been running this nutty household for a while now, and lists have made my life so much easier. I've been creating budgets, chore lists, work schedules, etc. I will make a kick-ass "head-of-household" someday :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I could make a list but I would probably lose it or forget about it.

I do however like to study by condensing and rewriting my notes. So I guess that's kind of close?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I have to make lists-- otherwise I would just space out and forget everything and anything I have to do.

I think Js would be just fine without their lists, they just make them to feel better.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
I'm in the same place as Viva - I make "to do" or "to buy" lists in order to survive my own chaotic tendencies. I do NOT enjoy said lists, and end up actually resenting them much of the time.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I love lists! I looked through m old journal from when I was 6 and I made a ton of lists from the start. Most of them were me coming up with ideas for holidays though. x)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I like the idea of making lists, but they usually never get made or never get done. When something absolutely needs to get done, I have to more rely on my 'on' switch (which is finding any forms of motivation to get everything finished by a specific time). I have a fabulous memory, so usually I can just remember what I need to do/get.

When it comes to like going to the grocery store or any kind of store, I don't mind lists. Lots of little items are easy to forget!

I also don't mind lists for very long term, important projects. Like for my wedding, I'm relying on a master list so I can pretty much remember everything that needs to get done prior to the big day. Usually I'm pretty good at remember the tasks myself, but the list is there if for some reason I think there is something I forgot. I don't particularly get enjoyment out of 'crossing them out'. It's just a reminder of everything else that needs to be completed.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
hahaha!! I giggled reading " making list "...o.k, for really important things, priorities i have sticky notes posted everywhere...but list...here is my idea of a list :p

1. Set alarm, get up early ( husband calls to make sure i got out of bed if he leaves early )
2. Have quick shower ( showers for 30 minutes )
3. Pack lunch ( checks wallet for debit card )
4. Put gas in car ( husband takes car to gas station while taking a quick shower, cough*
5. Takes out something from freezer for dinner ( Stops for salad and pizza on the way home )
6. Leaves early for work encase of heavy traffic ( ah, finally one that always gets done )

·
Registered
138 Posts
I need lists or else I'll forget everything I need to do and then I'll freak out when I can't remember. The funny thing is that I remember what I need to do when I write it down and forget when I don't. I still feel better when I know that I have the things I need to do written down somewhere though. It frees up space in my mind for more interesting things and then I don't need to worry.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
<derp> anyone who ever makes lists is an J

I like to make silly lists of thing in my head...but well I might just be a J anyways

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I really loathe making lists. That being said- I do have to make them, especially when it comes to work. My boss is the type of person who throws a million things at me all at once, and if I didn't write them down, I'd be completely lost- the same went for when I was in school, I'd have to make a homework "to do" list, or I know I'd get distracted, and forget.

Basically, I only make lists out of necessity.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Making the list and going by the list is two dif things.

I like making lists, even when I know I wont follow them, It helps me to sort my brain out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've read that developed ENFPs tend to like making lists because it's their tertiary Te trying to assist them in being more productive. I think that Ne also enjoys making lists because listing things is all about the possibilities of future plans. I make lists for EVERYTHING. And I do it FOR FUN! I make grocery lists, to-do lists, movies I want to watch lists, clothing items needed for a complete wardrobe lists... the list goes on... ;)

I don't stick to my lists very often, though, because I feel zero obligation to do so. I think of them more as guidelines.

Another interesting point: my INFP father and I are the listmakers in the family; my ISFJ mother doesn't make lists. She doesn't need to! The practical details of life are her main focus.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts