• NF: YES!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • NF: Not really

Votes: 12 16.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Absolutely! I love jewellery and I love clothes with bling on them eg. a top with sequins on. bold shiny colours.

I guess I am like a magpie lol. I am attracted to bold, bright, shiny things. Also, my personality is not reserved and neutral, it is bright and effervesant.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
No, I hate shiny things.
They upset me, and they disturb the peace.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
No, i like earth tones, bold and neutral. I could puke
in my mouth when i see trinkets on clothing, especially
if its glittery, sparkly. Urban for me all the way, including
my style, house , just everything.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit that I can't stand rhinestones or poorly placed sequins on anything. xP But I used to have a fantastic little black dress with glitter on the outer layer.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I'm completely indifferent to them. :dry:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I feel weird for giving a serious answer to a whimsical thread, lol...
With most of the things I dislike/like that happen to be shiny, I can't say that feeling has much to do with said shininess. And with most of the things I dislike/like that happen to be dull, I can't say that has much to do with the dullness. There are a few things I would prefer to lean one way or the other, but it doesn't really result in something that really bothers me all that much. I can't say that I generally like shiny things or dislike shiny things.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Oh really?
Yeah. I was sitting here thinking whens the last time I noticed something shiny and I really couldn't think of much. I started thinking of shiny objects and was like meeh. I have underdeveloped Si I think. I'm usually in a pretty straight foggy tunnel and not noticing anything visual around me unless its obstacles that I pretty much reduce to blurs. I have tried to develop my S more so that I won't be so oblivious and apathetic to my surroundings.

I do love nature scenery though. Its the one thing I can say I truly find beautiful. : D

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel weird for giving a serious answer to a whimsical thread, lol...
With most of the things I dislike/like that happen to be shiny, I can't say that feeling has much to do with said shininess. And with most of the things I dislike/like that happen to be dull, I can't say that has much to do with the dullness. There are a few things I would prefer to lean one way or the other, but it doesn't really result in something that really bothers me all that much. I can't say that I generally like shiny things or dislike shiny things.
Let us simplify: You are too serious.:bored:

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. I was sitting here thinking whens the last time I noticed something shiny and I really couldn't think of much. I started thinking of shiny objects and was like meeh. I have underdeveloped Si I think. I'm usually in a pretty straight foggy tunnel and not noticing anything visual around me unless its obstacles that I pretty much reduce to blurs. I have tried to develop my S more so that I won't be so oblivious and apathetic to my surroundings.

I do love nature scenery though. Its the one thing I can say I truly find beautiful. : D
I don't know if liking shiny things has to do with Si. I have a severely underdeveloped Se and a fairly weak Si as well. I just assume it's the ADHD and my compelling need to find happiness in small things. I also love unusually shaped twigs, fluffy things, things that wobble, patterns, things that change color and opening things.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I don't know if liking shiny things has to do with Si. I have a severely underdeveloped Se and a fairly weak Si as well. I just assume it's the ADHD and my compelling need to find happiness in small things. I also love unusually shaped twigs, fluffy things, things that wobble, patterns, things that change color and opening things.
Oh, I meant the lack of Si being that I had a very poor memory recall of teh shiney!1 I think it takes more Se than I have to notice physical things around me more. :crazy:

ADD could explain noticing more too, but actually the fact that you are a 6 might also explain a bit. I hear they tend to scan the environment a lot. My mom for example, nothing gets by her in the environment. She will notice every little detail - gathering information to understand and feel secure in the environment I s'pose.

Do you tend to continuously scan your surroundings?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2700000/Selena-Gomez-Blingee-another-cinderella-story-2770132-244-400.gif
NOOO D: Do not want!

Oh, I meant the lack of Si being that I had a very poor memory recall of teh shiney!1 I think it takes more Se than I have to notice physical things around me more. :crazy:

ADD could explain noticing more too, but actually the fact that you are a 6 might also explain a bit. I hear they tend to scan the environment a lot. My mom for example, nothing gets by her in the environment. She will notice every little detail - gathering information to understand and feel secure in the environment I s'pose.

Do you tend to continuously scan your surroundings?
I actually do continually scan my surroundings, mostly because I'm very paranoid and don't like to make mistakes. But although I scan everything, I retain almost nothing. I look for anything important and immediately forget what I saw. :( I'm actually trying to develop my Se and short-term memory, because it makes it almost impossible for me to do simple things like driving and following instructions.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

When i answered this i couldn't think of anything that related shiny. Now that i see the word nature
it gives me a light bulb moment . I love the way the moon shines on the water, the sun shinning in the mountains and trees. I guess that could count as shiny.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
I prefer matte to shiny. I don't wear shiny jewelry or clothing, and I don't own any shiny object that don't have to be that way (e.g. mirror or screen).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts