Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it. I want to eat in peace, not sit around a table with family and "talk". I can talk when I'm not STARVING

I think that is a tradition enforced by some other type.

·
Registered
950 Posts
My family only does the sit around and eat at special occasions, which I hate anyway so really makes no difference. The rest of the time, even if we're in the same room we usually eat in pretty much silence as one person or another is absorbed in the TV program on. With my housemates however we spend most of the time in our seperate rooms, so eating while talking gets the social side all done, which is nice. So yeah, it depends who else is there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
follow up question then:

How do you feel about dinner parties/"let's invite people over for dinner!"

With like, appetizers and music and SMALL TALK.

·
Registered
715 Posts
talking while eating is acceptable but not desirable.
inviting people for dinner is something i never do. when meeting people we usually "have dinner" (=delivery service or eating out) but that's never the main purpose of meeting. so usually we talk, then eat, then talk again. but people who do smalltalk are not accepted as company anyway.

Reactions: immortalhaldir

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I actually don't like eating alone. I may not necessarily be talking though. Dinner parties are another story. I hate small talk with people I don't know well. I'd much rather go out to eat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I can't help but mutter on at dinner/meals. I love to talk in general, so I'll attribute it to that.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
If it's just me and my family, I don't mind, although I've started to more and more. I am there to eat. Talking is for later.

If I'm out with some friends then yes I'll talk. I don't understand WHY inviting people over for dinner is a GOOD idea... It isn't!

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I thought this thread would be about "talking with your mouth full" as typical of the personality... haha.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I LOVE to talk when I am eating! I do this all the time with friends. The conversation can get outrageous with the addition of food. And the way you eat something adds to the amusement when you are making jokes. My family is very informal - sit around the TV while eating and laugh.

I would die if we had to sit around a table and have boring conversation.

follow up question then:

No way, Jose.

·
Registered
950 Posts
follow up question then:

I had one once. Only it was worse as it was essentially a wierd job interview. I basically sat in the corner, ignored pretty much everyone else and had a very good time... inside my head.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I usually eat alone. If I'm eating we my girlfriend she's also concentrating on her food. The most conversation we have while eating is "This is good!" "Yea it is." *continue stuffing faces*

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Registered
61 Posts
I only like it when my ISTP uncle and his ESTP son is at the table too. The deep funny shit we talk about.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
follow up question then:

I enjoy this. I get drunk and make the guests feel as uncomfortable as humanly possible. It's even better when they drag the rugrats along with them, so then I have an excuse to show off my knife collection.

Oh, and DMX is the preferable artist of choice in this scenario.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I depends on the company,
workmates, not really; friends whom I've known for years, yeah

1 - 20 of 22 Posts